ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #12136
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
Do you guys know much about plastics? I have a Tanjor trailer, which I use to haul around my Golden Retriever. The front of the trailer has a clear plastic nose cone which is broken and needs repair or replacing. Tanjor is out of business. Any thoughts?

The cone attaches by way of simple screw type fasteners. It can be easily removed for repair.
Doesn't need to be clear. Find a large aluminum wok to replace it. Or a round skylight. Think RVs.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #12137
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,797
Damned Garage sales.

I was out visiting the parents today and for some strange reason stopped at a garage sale on the way home. No I already have one of these, and yes it is a motorcycle, and yes the one like it is in my signature, and no I did not need another one, But it was a garage sale for Pete's sake and I just could not, not buy it. At garage sale prices even.

So I have a secret.

Anyone want a cool project after I get through messing around with it and get it running? HMM or did I just buy a whole lot of spare parts for not much cashola?

Marc

Lomax screwed with this post 06-21-2013 at 01:56 PM
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #12138
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Damned Garage sales.

I was out visiting the parents today and for some strange reason stopped at a garage sale on the way home. No I already have one of these, and yes it is a motorcycle, and yes the one like it is in my signature, and no I did not need another one, But it was a garage sale for Pete's sake and I just could not, not buy it. At garage sale prices even.

So I have a secret.

Marc

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #12139
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 9,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Damned Garage sales.

So I have a secret.

Anyone want a cool project after I get through messing around with it and get it running? HMM or did I just buy a whole lot of spare parts for not much cashola?

Marc
Congrats on the 2nd Eldo.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #12140
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Good morning from Trinidad. The dr650 is sold and we are heading to santa fe for next home. The Wal-Mart parking lot seemed a good place to get some shut eye. Gonna hit up the tire center for some grease In the hub before headed out.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #12141
jjmead1
now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Do you guys know much about plastics? I have a Tanjor trailer, which I use to haul around my Golden Retriever. The front of the trailer has a clear plastic nose cone which is broken and needs repair or replacing. Tanjor is out of business. Any thoughts?

The cone attaches by way of simple screw type fasteners. It can be easily removed for repair.
All I can think of is Webber Grill lid....and the number of people in your neighborhood who take pictures of a certain motorbike. We started counting and it is over 20 in two weeks.
jjmead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #12142
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:

I am not sure if it would work in this case, BUT I have had great luck going to the local model shop and getting the quick setting glue that they use on the Jet RC airplanes. It might not be super pretty but I would bet it will glue the pieces back together.

Marc
Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #12143
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Good morning from Trinidad. The dr650 is sold and we are heading to santa fe for next home. The Wal-Mart parking lot seemed a good place to get some shut eye. Gonna hit up the tire center for some grease In the hub before headed out.

Looks cozy
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #12144
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,661
Os - maybe bend some light aluminum straps over the broken cone to form a frame the same shape as the cone....30 degrees apart ?

Take off the broken cone and stretch a piece of canvas over the frame and attach it...

And get your buddy some Doggles
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #12145
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346
Not sure where to post this exactly but... we tried to ride Caribou Flats yesterday FR-505 and it is still closed due to snow. the gate looked big and ominous and with the ranger there policing fires we didnt risk it. Just a word of advise for those potentially going up there!

Snow: 1, new KTM: 0, GF on newly lowered DRZ250: 0.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #12146
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 5,024
A new technique for greedy assholes!!

I was riding some local trails the other day and came up behind a hiker who refused to acknowledge me behind him. I asked if I could get by nicely a couple times. He didn't bother to do any thing other than continue walking and blocking the trail. I finally realized my only option was to go around him. The second I went off trail he turned and started taking pictures of me. I got around and kept going. He stepped off the trail as soon as he saw one of the guys I was riding with bust out his camera to take pics of him taking pics of me. Then he told my partner to tell me I shouldn't be riding off trail. WTF? This is what we are dealing with....
Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #12147
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,501
Summer Vaca is now officially here

Well summer basketball is now done, re-certification classes done so summer is here. After catching up on yard work Sunday I took off on the DR. BAck roads to Hayden, up Sage Creek to Yoast Gulch(named after great great grandpa) to Dunckley Pass, then past Pyramid Peak and over Ripple Creek Pass. Took the Wagon Wheel OHV ATV tracks that contected me back to Yellow JAcket Pass. Then out in the desert to Duffy Mountain and back to Craig. 170ish miles. Wild flowers are out in force!

Today's ride not sure yet, but Tuesday is a trip the the 3 Corners.... Colo, Wyo and Utah. Some brookie fishing in Beaver Creek then down to the Green River for some more fishing.
nwcolorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #12148
Geek OP
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I was riding some local trails the other day and came up behind a hiker who refused to acknowledge me behind him. I asked if I could get by nicely a couple times. He didn't bother to do any thing other than continue walking and blocking the trail. I finally realized my only option was to go around him. The second I went off trail he turned and started taking pictures of me. I got around and kept going. He stepped off the trail as soon as he saw one of the guys I was riding with bust out his camera to take pics of him taking pics of me. Then he told my partner to tell me I shouldn't be riding off trail. WTF? This is what we are dealing with....
This should be posted to backpacker.com with the title 'Hey! To the selfish Prick that thinks he owns the Forrest'

.mobile
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #12149
Krang
Rides with hippies

Oddometer: 397
Post it to /r/boulder, they probably are there.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #12150
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcolorider View Post
Well summer basketball is now done, re-certification classes done so summer is here. After catching up on yard work Sunday I took off on the DR. BAck roads to Hayden, up Sage Creek to Yoast Gulch(named after great great grandpa) to Dunckley Pass, then past Pyramid Peak and over Ripple Creek Pass. Took the Wagon Wheel OHV ATV tracks that contected me back to Yellow JAcket Pass. Then out in the desert to Duffy Mountain and back to Craig. 170ish miles. Wild flowers are out in force!

Today's ride not sure yet, but Tuesday is a trip the the 3 Corners.... Colo, Wyo and Utah. Some brookie fishing in Beaver Creek then down to the Green River for some more fishing.
Beautiful pic. Columbines were always my wife and my wedding flowers and we just planted some Washington versions behind our little abode up here where we spend time with the sons. Hoping to see some Colorado versions soon this summer.