ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #12151
LoneRhino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Where is KTM. Poor Popie doesn't know that Harleys aren't a gift... Good for the Popie and for Harley!

World Report
Biker blessing

Bikers converge in Rome for major anniversary.

Paul Keenan

Thursday, 20 June 2013
5:00 AM GMT

Pope Benedict has blessed thousands of bikers and their Harley Davidsons during an event at the Vatican last Sunday to celebrate the motorcycle manufacturer’s 110th anniversary. In a mix of ‘leather and Latin’, bikers arrived in convoy in time for the recitation of the Our Father and as the Pontiff greeted pilgrims. As part of the anniversary, Harley Davidson gifted the Pope two motorcycles for use by the Vatican police force.
WQ

AMA / NCTR.net
“Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” – Anon
LoneRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #12152
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoJones View Post
Where is KTM. Poor Popie doesn't know that Harleys aren't a gift... Good for the Popie and for Harley!

World Report
Biker blessing

Bikers converge in Rome for major anniversary.

Paul Keenan

Thursday, 20 June 2013
5:00 AM GMT

Pope Benedict has blessed thousands of bikers and their Harley Davidsons during an event at the Vatican last Sunday to celebrate the motorcycle manufacturer’s 110th anniversary. In a mix of ‘leather and Latin’, bikers arrived in convoy in time for the recitation of the Our Father and as the Pontiff greeted pilgrims. As part of the anniversary, Harley Davidson gifted the Pope two motorcycles for use by the Vatican police force.
WQ
When ya have to lay 'er down, It's good to have god on your side.

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #12153
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,795
I spent last weekend up in Cheyenne with Paula attending a "celebration of life" for her 90YO friend who recently passed away. Her daughter did an amazing job putting together a museum that was a superb narration of her mother's very rich life.

When attending memorials, you can't help but think about your own mortality. Paula and I had a long and emotional talk about what we would do if the other one passed away first.

She asked if I would remarry. After deep contemplation I said that I wouldn't be in any hurry, but if the right person came along that I might consider it again.

She then asked if I would let this person ride her motorcycles. In retrospect, I probably should not have blurted out "No, she only rides KTMs".

I'm glad to have the 30A outlet on the side of the garage so I can run the AC in the RV.

HellSickle screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 02:42 PM
HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #12154
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I spent last weekend up in Cheyenne with Paula attending a "celebration of life" for her 90YO friend who recently passed away. Her daughter did an amazing job putting together a museum that was a superb narration of her mother's very rich life.

When attending memorials, one can't help but think about your own mortality. Paula and I had a long and emotional talk about what we would do if the other one passed away first.

She asked if I would remarry. After deep contemplation I said that I wouldn't be in any hurry, but if the right person came along that I might consider it again.

She then asked if I would let this person ride her motorcycles. In retrospect, I probably should not have blurted out "No, she only rides KTMs".

I'm glad to have the 30A outlet on the side of the garage so I can run the AC in the RV.
- Well, I see my idea that I'd learn to think about things before blurting them out when I got a little more mature is flawed...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #12155
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
- Well, I see my idea that I'd learn to think about things before blurting them out when I got a little more mature is flawed...
Yeah, you're doomed. There are no shortage of role "models". Filters decay over time. Take Mel Gibson for example.....

HellSickle screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 05:12 PM
Old 06-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #12156
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,211
"Engage brain before starting tongue"

Seen next to a cafe cash register many years ago.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #12157
grub
Requires Supervision

Oddometer: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I was riding some local trails the other day and came up behind a hiker who refused to acknowledge me behind him. I asked if I could get by nicely a couple times. He didn't bother to do any thing other than continue walking and blocking the trail. I finally realized my only option was to go around him. The second I went off trail he turned and started taking pictures of me. I got around and kept going. He stepped off the trail as soon as he saw one of the guys I was riding with bust out his camera to take pics of him taking pics of me. Then he told my partner to tell me I shouldn't be riding off trail. WTF? This is what we are dealing with....
This is the new "rugged west". Look at the background and skill sets of the new district rangers being hired by your federal government if you want to get the chills.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #12158
grub
Requires Supervision

Oddometer: 2,173
I read Tom's post and it sidetracked me. After years of life and experience I have finally discovered the fifth metaphysical summit of the human experience, Whole Foods on Hampden Avenue just east of Monaco. I am admittedly a country bumpkin and a conservative asshole but walked in the front door and felt reborn. I think I'm going to buy a Subaru!!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #12159
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
I was riding some local trails the other day and came up behind a hiker who refused to acknowledge me behind him. I asked if I could get by nicely a couple times. He didn't bother to do any thing other than continue walking and blocking the trail. I finally realized my only option was to go around him. The second I went off trail he turned and started taking pictures of me. I got around and kept going. He stepped off the trail as soon as he saw one of the guys I was riding with bust out his camera to take pics of him taking pics of me. Then he told my partner to tell me I shouldn't be riding off trail. WTF? This is what we are dealing with....
Where's the hippie dozer when you need one?

Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #12160
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,332
Fun in the mountains yesterday .

07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #12161
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004 View Post
You left out the best picture...

Dave
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #12162
Patj551
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Tom, I think you misunderstood the situation. It probably took that hiker a few minutes to recognize your voice. When he realized it was THE ENDUR-INCE, he just wanted your picture. I'm surprised he didn't ask for your autograph. You of all people should know the paparazzi is everywhere!!!
Patj551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #12163
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
You left out the best picture...

I must have missed my PM

IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #12164
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
I must have missed my PM

I thought you were still working for a living
Old 06-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #12165
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
I must have missed my PM

You should see the mess Dave just made at my place !!!
07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote