ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #12571
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienwaste View Post
I know some of you guys in the area had\have a husky 610te. Can I borrow a flywheel puller? I think it's 35mm internal threaded, right handed. Any love?
Send a PM to IndyUnlimited for this. He is in Parker and an awesome person.
toddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #12572
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,882
I should still have one in the DAG to.....
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #12573
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 14,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
He is in Parker and an awesome person.
it's a pre-requisite for living here.....though they did have to let one knucklehead in to keep it real
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #12574
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,192
Video a buddy of mine made of us climbing Capitol on Monday:

Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #12575
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 8,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
it's a pre-requisite for living here.....though they did have to let one knucklehead in to keep it real
Too funny Blake!

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #12576
sapienwaste
gahhhhhhhhhhh.

Oddometer: 28
Thanks mountain, I've borrowed a KLR Flywheel puller from you in the past. For some reason I keep needing this shit and you keep having it

Shame to hear about your husky...
sapienwaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #12577
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
A 2:1 ratio today (2 hours on the Yeti and 1 hour on the 950) because I ran into the heat (didn't start early enough )

I think a 3:1 ratio will be the ideal way to enjoy 4 hours.

Yeah.. that's pretty much awesome.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #12578
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,405
FYI - South Park got creamed by the monsoon moisture last nigh. Major flooding and associated damage to CR53. Mushroom Gulch and Trout Creek took a big hit too.

Don't be foolish like me going into the last over the road pile of rocks and mud. You will not get through. Just before you get down to Badger Creek which I would think was a lot worse. Thanks to the Park County SAR and Hartsell Fire district for the rescue out of the pit from hell. Thanks to SPOT for sending my wife the pre-progrmed message that I need some non-emergency help with the bike but it got turned into a big deal as the dispatch asked if I had any pat medical problems. I do with the heart but that was not the message sent. Took them about 30 as they went north on 53 instead of should. Andy from the SAR stopped rather quickly when he first arrived, he just asked - are you the guy we are looking for and are you all right. yes. Yes and He left to call off the emergency and cancel the ambulance from FairPlay of all places but they were about half way down there by now. Fire Truck. Volunteer fighter on disabled list. Deputy Sheriff. Park County road truck but left no sigh going into the section to keep others from making the same mistake and then, they will just get called out again.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #12579
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 8,716
Too funny!

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #12580
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
FYI - South Park got creamed by the monsoon moisture last nigh. Major flooding and associated damage to CR53. Mushroom Gulch and Trout Creek took a big hit too.

Don't be foolish like me going into the last over the road pile of rocks and mud. You will not get through. Just before you get down to Badger Creek which I would think was a lot worse. Thanks to the Park County SAR and Hartsell Fire district for the rescue out of the pit from hell. Thanks to SPOT for sending my wife the pre-progrmed message that I need some non-emergency help with the bike but it got turned into a big deal as the dispatch asked if I had any pat medical problems. I do with the heart but that was not the message sent. Took them about 30 as they went north on 53 instead of should. Andy from the SAR stopped rather quickly when he first arrived, he just asked - are you the guy we are looking for and are you all right. yes. Yes and He left to call off the emergency and cancel the ambulance from FairPlay of all places but they were about half way down there by now. Fire Truck. Volunteer fighter on disabled list. Deputy Sheriff. Park County road truck but left no sigh going into the section to keep others from making the same mistake and then, they will just get called out again.
Glad you are OK and that kind of stuff happens. At least you weren't the guy on I-5 in Washington here who got struck by lightning which fried his helmet, but he was pretty much unharmed except for a little temp hearing loss:
Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #12581
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 559
And in keeping with the theme of the above photo:

Just in case you ever wondered what a helmet looks like after jumping off a mountain side. Dropped about 1200 feet, bounced dozens of times. Held up pretty good, just glad LittleTex wasn't in it at the time.

In searching for the remains, we did find a seat cover for an ATV in the scree, so somebody had a really bad day.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #12582
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,118
Albany trails

The Albany (Wyoming) trail loop seems to get more brutal every year. 20+ years ago it was a ~60 mile loop, about 50% single track. It's now about 80% single track. Most folks would be hard pressed to finish the entire loop in a single day.

With wet logs in the morning, I think everyone went down at least once. If you like riding really, really, really, tight woods, this is the place for you. Most trails were created (with USFS approval) by simply laying out ribbons & cutting a few logs. First & second gear are the norm. Don't wear your good jersey, because it is going to get torn. I think everyone in our group of 6 was sporting tree wounds from the day.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #12583
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
The Albany (Wyoming) trail loop seems to get more brutal every year. 20+ years ago it was a ~60 mile loop, about 50% single track. It's now about 80% single track. Most folks would be hard pressed to finish the entire loop in a single day.

Getting old sux huh?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #12584
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Getting old sux huh?

In this case, the loop is getting harder. Really. C'mon out the last weekend of September if you want to give it a try. Since it's WY, it shouldn't conflict with your aversion to the Front Range.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #12585
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post

In this case, the loop is getting harder. Really. C'mon out the last weekend of September if you want to give it a try. Since it's WY, it shouldn't conflict with your aversion to the Front Range.
I just looked at my atlas. Albany appears to be east of the CD... NO DEAL!

TG has been threatening to head that way, if my wife wusses out on a race she should run on the 28th I could be convinced. All my jerseys are already ripped to shreds from the ladies trying to get to the real me so no worries there!