ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #12706
dshap13
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
So the controller for my heated vest stopped working. It won't turn on. I took it apart to see if it was something obvious. But my untrained eye doesn't see anything obvious. To those with electrical knowledge: Can something like this be fixed (and if it is, is it worth trying to fix), or should I splurge for a new one?

Same thing happened to my tourmaster heated vest. Looks like the same controller as my old one that crapped out. I contacted them and they replaced it with their newer version of the controller...totally different design. Hasn't crapped out yet!
dshap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #12707
KrustyKustom
Lets Go....

Oddometer: 621

Did 100 miles in the San Juan National forest today, beautiful..
KrustyKustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #12708
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,393
I would be Broke All the TIME

I am out here in the big D for an awards thing. The powers that be put me up just off of Arapahoe. Fey Meyers got a big chunk of spare change today, then I ask the guy at the desk about a place close that I can get a burger and beer and watch the game. Twin Peaks is just across the interstate he says. . wow not sure how the burger and beer was but the view was awesome...
Now after all is done maybe up North to Wolfman and then home ...
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #12709
Geek OP
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,035
Norm: Casey & I are mountain biking Devils Backbone in the morning (Loveland) and then going to grab lunch.

If your route home has you passing through Loveland (20 mins north of Wolfman) around lunchtime... drop me a call:
303-803-622one

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #12710
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,964
Holy Hell! I would gladly give away all my riding rights forever if someone could promise me I'd never have to pass a kidney stone ever again. Seriously, that was fecking intense pain. Almost up there with back spasms but back spasms would only last a minute at the most, this was 10 hours of pure hell.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #12711
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
kidney stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Holy Hell! I would gladly give away all my riding rights forever if someone could promise me I'd never have to pass a kidney stone ever again. Seriously, that was fecking intense pain. Almost up there with back spasms but back spasms would only last a minute at the most, this was 10 hours of pure hell.
Now that's just "good clean fun" passing a stone isn't it? My urologist told me that his female patients that had had both a bad childbirth labor, and a bad kidney stone episode ................. that given the choice they would always take the bad labor over the bad stone! Glad you survived it! What is up with pain receptors in our ureters anyway? Intelligent design? Not too intelligent to me.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #12712
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
Donate one of your kidneys and cut your chances of a stone in half.

Sorry for the discomfort.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #12713
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
"10 hours of pure hell". I see a new ride here. 5MOH while passing a kidney stone Now what would we call this ride?
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #12714
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Wow Tom, sorry to hear about that. Did it interfere with your ride on Friday or your gig in Moab this weekend?

Gall stones are right up there as well. One too many attacks there & I had my gall bladder removed.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #12715
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
"10 hours of pure hell". I see a new ride here. 5MOH while passing a kidney stone Now what would we call this ride?
15 MOH? Or maybe the ride would have a synergistic effect on the passing of the stone and discomfort of the rider...5 x 15 = 75 MOH?
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #12716
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Wow Tom, sorry to hear about that. Did it interfere with your ride on Friday or your gig in Moab this weekend?

Gall stones are right up there as well. One too many attacks there & I had my gall bladder removed.
It all went down yesterday. Woke up with slight pain, got worse an hour later so I made an appointment thinking appendicitis or something. The nurse at the center said "you can always come into the ER" Oh its not that bad let me just make an appointment later in the day or tomorrow. 1 hour later I was BEGGING them for drugs in the ER! Then of course the nurse missed my vein four times, called in the real doc, and he misses twice. I almost took over myself at that point. All the while I'm dry heaving, shaking uncontrollably and sweating like a mofo. Jen drove me up with the kids in the truck and I kept saying "i think I'm dying..." (then I remember the kids in back)... "Dying to get to the ER"!! Poor Aven was gripped, I felt so bad for her. Laying on the gurney all I could mutter was "more juice, please...more juice"

Ironically I think it was a dry heave late last night that helped push it on through. I always thought the pain of passing a kidney stone was due to it going through my junk.. Nope. Thats the easy part! Holy Hell!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #12717
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
It all went down yesterday. Woke up with slight pain, got worse an hour later so I made an appointment thinking appendicitis or something. The nurse at the center said "you can always come into the ER" Oh its not that bad let me just make an appointment later in the day or tomorrow. 1 hour later I was BEGGING them for drugs in the ER! Then of course the nurse missed my vein four times, called in the real doc, and he misses twice. I almost took over myself at that point. All the while I'm dry heaving, shaking uncontrollably and sweating like a mofo. Jen drove me up with the kids in the truck and I kept saying "i think I'm dying..." (then I remember the kids in back)... "Dying to get to the ER"!! Poor Aven was gripped, I felt so bad for her. Laying on the gurney all I could mutter was "more juice, please...more juice"

Ironically I think it was a dry heave late last night that helped push it on through. I always thought the pain of passing a kidney stone was due to it going through my junk.. Nope. Thats the easy part! Holy Hell!
Wow Dude, I'm glad that's behind you! Poor girls, seeing your dad like that must be scary.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #12718
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Wow Dude, I'm glad that's behind you! Poor girls, seeing your dad like that must be scary.
+1. Glad it worked it's way out. When my kids were little they watched me go thru some gall stone episodes. It was nearly impossible to breath. I don't think I've been able to stomach a McD breakfast sandwich since then.

Got any leftover med's?

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #12719
Geek OP
oot & aboot

Huge sympathy Tom

As a life long kidney stone sufferer (I got my first batch at age 19) - I "feel your pain".
The pain is usually caused when the pieces of the stone go through the little tiny tube that connects your kidney to your bladder. It is amazing how something so small can hurt so much. The last batch of stones I had around 2005 I vomited so much and so hard that I blew out all of the blood vessels around my eyes and looked like a raccoon. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.

Did they do an ultrasound to make sure you are done? If there are more bits, they can put shunts in to help the pieces pass easier.

Here's wishing you never get them again

Geek screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 02:49 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #12720
Geek OP
oot & aboot

I'm honored!... offended! ... confused! What's this supposed to even mean?

Apparently this is a billboard in Hepnner, Oregon

Google Maps link to the Streetview of this in Heppner, OR.