ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #13576
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!

Oddometer: 5,089
Mega millions ticket will be bought tonight!

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #13577
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkChief View Post
ill sell you 75.5 acres in north idaho on the montana border with a cabin
looking out the window is montana
How close to Wallace are you? Are you up the pass west of Wallace?
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #13578
BlackHawkChief
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
its up ID hwy 4 burke canyon RD from the town of wallace, the Property over looks the burke canyon
BlackHawkChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #13579
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
Random question for a snowy Sunday morning. Do any of you work at a shop that carries Klim? I recently had a warranty claim (successful) on Dakar pants but they sent back a 38.

I'm now a 34.

Klim suggested I seek out a local vendor who might do an exchange, or I can send it back and pay shipping. I figured I'd ask before I toss it in a box. They're brand new, with tags, in original plastic.
I noticed Colorado Powersports here in Boulder has been flying a Klim banner flag outside recently, but I haven't been inside to see what kind of inventory they have.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #13580
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
The trick to keeping warm with a very lite bag is in the underwear. The good stuff from REI will turn a lite bag rated at 10 degrees into a minus 10 bag. The bag just becomes an air flow shell rather than mostly insulation.
I just use liners with my lite bag. I have one kind of like this and another that's silk.

http://www.bradleyalpinist.com/cart/...roducts_id=650

With both of them I'm getting down where I want the heavy mountaineering bag---but then I'm not on the bike.

I get 3 bags in one with the two liners and they are compact, especially the silk one that packed is smaller than a roll of TP.

Downside is you can't wear them under riding gear if things get cold like extra underwear. Upside is one of my uses for a sleeping bag is for treating shock in accident victims and then I want all I can get.
Plaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 AM   #13581
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,318
Not a thread worthy question so I'm asking it here......

Mrs. Manfu is going to join me for a portion of my summer CO dirt bike and brew tour. We want to spend 4th of July together before she flys back but not sure where in CO we'll be spending the 4th. Last year someone mentioned a great town for fireworks but I can't rememeber???

Any suggestions for a nice 4th of July location?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #13582
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post

Mrs. Manfu is going to join me for a portion of my summer CO dirt bike and brew tour. We want to spend 4th of July together before she flys back but not sure where in CO we'll be spending the 4th. Last year someone mentioned a great town for fireworks but I can't rememeber???

I wanna know too.

For Aug. 9-15 this is the place to be, altho' the very best is the competitions and you need to be a member to get in to those.

http://www.pgi.org/convention/2014/
Old 02-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #13583
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:

ouray
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #13584
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
ouray
http://www.ouraycolorado.com/

Scene of numerous adventures from my youth. The first time I rode a motorcycle anywhere it was there, planning to camp out. I tried getting a T500 on street tires up that steep slickrock protecting the jeep road back into the big cirque above town. With a full camping load.

I didn't make it.

-----------------------------------------------

They don't have fireworks on the calender (yet?) but there's a church dance on Sunday that ought to be worthwhile.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #13585
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,318
Good intell, Ouray was my favorite last summer - the trails, the town, the lodging and the obviously the pub. Only 2 night indoors all trip were at Box Canyon Logde - took full advantage of the hot tubs .

This made it back to Daytona with me and I busted it out 48 hours later as I pulled in the driveway......

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #13586
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Fireworks

Quote:

Steamboat Springs usually puts on a ridiculously long and elaborate show for a small town. There are a couple of wealthy local guys that have taken up the cause, and building fireworks has become a hobby of theirs. The only time that they don't put on the show ........ is when fire danger is extreme. It's rare that they ever have to cancel it.

We just recently celebrated our 101st Winter Carnival. Again, it was another "over the top" fireworks show. The largest fireworks shell ever shot in North America ....... is a 36" shell. We had a 36", 500lb. shell in our fireworks show a few weeks ago! Supposedly they had to get FAA clearance to shoot that shell as it entered the airport flight path! Future plans are for the local guys to build a 54" shell for a TBD local show, and then have the world record in Steamboat. Like I said, "OVER THE TOP". There's a short article in the Feb. 2nd Steamboat Paper about it.

What they spend on fireworks here every year could probably cure cancer or end hunger .............. or at least buy a lot of fuel and farkles!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #13587
thump3r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Keep us posted on that 54 incher. That would be fun
Old 02-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #13588
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,369
+1 for Steamboat. Gunnison also does a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post
Steamboat Springs usually puts on a ridiculously long and elaborate show for a small town. There are a couple of wealthy local guys that have taken up the cause, and building fireworks has become a hobby of theirs. The only time that they don't put on the show ........ is when fire danger is extreme. It's rare that they ever have to cancel it.

We just recently celebrated our 101st Winter Carnival. Again, it was another "over the top" fireworks show. The largest fireworks shell ever shot in North America ....... is a 36" shell. We had a 36", 500lb. shell in our fireworks show a few weeks ago! Supposedly they had to get FAA clearance to shoot that shell as it entered the airport flight path! Future plans are for the local guys to build a 54" shell for a TBD local show, and then have the world record in Steamboat. Like I said, "OVER THE TOP". There's a short article in the Feb. 2nd Steamboat Paper about it.

What they spend on fireworks here every year could probably cure cancer or end hunger .............. or at least buy a lot of fuel and farkles!
nwcolorider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #13589
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,648
Quote:

Luv it. Wish I could have been there. We used to go to the July 4 show at Mono Lake when I was working out there. They would set off barrels of gasoline with dynamite to start the show off. Low tech stuff, but really inspiring. Then the show went of to lots of big colored blasts over the lake.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #13590
Patj551
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Quote:
We just recently celebrated our 101st Winter Carnival. Again, it was another "over the top" fireworks show. The largest fireworks shell ever shot in North America ....... is a 36" shell. We had a 36", 500lb. shell in our fireworks show a few weeks ago! Supposedly they had to get FAA clearance to shoot that shell as it entered the airport flight path! Future plans are for the local guys to build a 54" shell for a TBD local show, and then have the world record in Steamboat.

Without getting too off color here Rob, this sounds like classic "PD Syndrome!"

Patj551 is offline   Reply With Quote