ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #31
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,242
Good to see those lovely bikes are used for traveling and touring
Old 10-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #32
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo308
Stu:
The point is not to turn this into a Harley site nor is it to inflame anyone. It is simply to provide a niche for those of us who frequent this site and ride Harleys, or as in my case, a Harley, a Suzuki dualsport and a Honda dualsport.

I don't understand the antagonism nor the constant disparagement of those of us who enjoy the staccato sound of the Harley V-twin or the relaxed pace of a long ride on a so-called "cruiser" or touring bike.
As far as I'm concerned, it's ALL GOOD.

Relax and enjoy the adventure, no matter what flavor you like!
I am not disparaging Harleys by any means, I was intending to stand up for those that ride Harleys. I took the OP as a Harley-disparaging shit-disturber post. I guess I took it wrong. I was trying to say if he was bitching about no Harley ride reports, then he's looking in a place where he probably wouldn't find many to begin with.
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #33
Fast Ferris
Shift Shaper

Oddometer: 3,726

Paul, I'd like to play, but I can only post a pic or two or three here and there, as time permits, instead of an entire "mini" RR - do you mind this approach in your thread?

While I await your reply, the shot above is of my '06 Road King, looking down over Isabella Lake and the Kern River Valley from the legendary "Lion's Trail" in south-central California. The photo was taken the day after I bought the bike brandy-new and minty fresh.

It now has 38k+ showing on the clock, has been around the country a bit, and presently resides in southwest Virginia.

In the photo, just behind the saddlebag is the town of Bodfish, California, home of legendary adventure rider Dave Barr. We're looking due north in the shot. Kernville is at the far end of the lake, and is considered the gateway to the southern Sierras. The road visible running diagonally thru the photo is Highway 178. Ride it eastbound for a few hours and Death Valley is your reward.

Best regards,
FF

Fast Ferris screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 06:49 PM
Fast Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #34
Round-I-Go OP
I won the Pullet Surprise

Oddometer: 499
Ferris, I was thinkin' "it's about time for a new desktop photo" ... and viola! ... here it is! Really sweet!

Post as you can, my friend. We'd love to hear some of your stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Ferris

Paul, I'd like to play, but I can only post a pic or two or three here and there, as time permits, instead of an entire "mini" RR - do you mind this approach in your thread?

While I await your reply, the shot above is of my '06 Road King, looking down over Isabella Lake and the Kern River Valley from the legendary "Lion's Trail" in south-central California. The photo was taken the day after I bought the bike brandy-new and minty fresh.

It now has 38k+ showing on the clock, has been around the country a bit, and presently resides in southwest Virginia.

In the photo, just behind the saddlebag is the town of Bodfish, California, home of legendary adventure rider Dave Barr. We're looking due north in the shot. Kernville is at the far end of the lake, and is considered the gateway to the southern Sierras. The road visible running diagonally thru the photo is Highway 178. Ride it eastbound for a few hours and Death Valley is your reward.

Best regards,
FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
I am not disparaging Harleys by any means, I was intending to stand up for those that ride Harleys. I took the OP as a Harley-disparaging shit-disturber post. I guess I took it wrong. (I GUESS YOU DID, Counselor! How anyone could misread and misinterpret the tone of my original post to read it as "Harley-disparaging, s**t-distubing" is completely beyond me! I've read it all about 15 times over and I am convinced your comments above are nothing other than a feeble attempt at back-pedalling to avert self-embarassment ... we are now done with this......have a nice day) I was trying to say if he was bitching about no Harley ride reports, then he's looking in a place where he probably wouldn't find many to begin with.

"Road?...Where we're going, we don't neeeed roads." - Doc Brown

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." - Sir Richard Branson

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford

Round-I-Go screwed with this post 10-09-2009 at 03:03 PM
Round-I-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #35
Fast Ferris
Shift Shaper

Oddometer: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round-I-Go
Ferris, I was thinkin' "it's about time for a new desktop photo" ... and viola! ... here it is! Really sweet!
Thank you.

Quote:
Post as you can, my friend. We'd love to hear some of your stories.
Thank you again.
Fast Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #36
HeyDoc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Great thread, it makes me happy.
HeyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
Round-I-Go OP

Hey you, Maniac! I am soooo jealous! Awesome photos! Keep us posted on your travels ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Twin-Maniac
i visited a lot of places around my hometown schwetzingen, germany.

i ride a 2008 dyna streetbob and i love this bike and the travels ive done and the travels i planned for the comin years!!

i was in switzerland (alps), austria (alps), italy, france, belgium.......

found some pics:

i have a lot more pics but i didnt found them yet!! i will post some of them a little later!

last jear i had 20000kms on the road with the bob!
this jear i had an accident so that i have till now only 8000kms on da road!!!

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." - Sir Richard Branson

Old 10-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #38
hewhohesit8s
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Harleys' get around

My buddy on a V Strom and me on my EGC toured the US and Canada - over 17000 km in 30 days. the RR is here
Some of the pics really enjoyed are below:
The start of the trip
The bikes at Ironhorse Motorcycle resort

Oregon

Bikes at Lava fields Or.

So the adventure is what you make it. Matters less what you ride or how far you go.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
'10 KTM 530EXC
'04 HD 1200C
hewhohesit8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #39
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,242
Ride Reports has zero tolerance for asshat comments such as the ones posted by Savoir Faire and Disco Stu. Both are on vacation for 10 days and the posts have been punted to Head Explody.

Read the rules and abide by them. Use the BlameMaddbrit to report offending posts.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #40
RockerC
Fuck Piece & Quiet

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round-I-Go
RockerC ... 2400k ... is that what you Aussies call "a quick lap around the block"? .. HA!

GREAT report, that's what it's all about!

Round-I-Go, I like to look at our two great lands like this : you guys have got 50 states - we've got 6 and a territory. Obviously not to scale but our lap around the block looked something like this. A lot of the guys over here refer to a lap around the block as doing the continent - around 17,000k.

Sure would love the opportunity to also ride your roads (and for Disco Stu "trails") one day !

I also ride a KTM. I think GB made a good call, stick to the rules guys Some other great bike shots here too,keep them coming gents.

I know, its not a KTM or a Beamer. . . . . . but aye, its got two wheels & Im gon
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443648

Out there somewhere!
RockerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #41
Vance
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Out of about 40 bikes owned, I've had 3 Harleys. They all looked about like this (my last Harley that I sold this year...)

They make great touring bikes. You can put a sleeping bag and tent strapped to the ape hangers and it makes a sort of fairing against the wind/rain. Plenty of room for clothes and bath kit in the little saddle bags. Just hit the road.

I've loved my beemers and hondas but I will say that none of my Harleys gave me any problems. I rode the first one for 50,000 some odd miles and just changed the oil. The second had about 40,000 on it and I had to do the clutch, but that seemed to be a week spot in the 89. The third one was rebuilt when I got it and only say about 10,000 miles...but that simple motor seems to just keep chuggin...

I suppose most of my Harley miles were in California, but I did ride that second one across country once. Every few years I get the hankerin to buy a Harley again...
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #42
Advntr
Dilbert

Oddometer: 432
Since 2002 I have been in many many places on my Harley[s]

I keep trading them in as they get better and better.

40/48 states. 81,000 miles and counting. This year I covered 8 states & 10,000 miles of the continental US on my 09 Ultra Classic. Last week [one day] I rode 347.5 miles thru western NY and parts of northern PA. I ride gravel roads as well as paved roads.

I suppose I could share more but i am too busy riding to type.
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #43
superdutyGS
lone rider

Oddometer: 838
pics with the HD

Here are a couple. Glacier Park Last October with my 06 Electra Glide.
Wish I'd of kept that one.......
Attached Images

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"
superdutyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #44
superdutyGS
lone rider

Oddometer: 838
HD trips.........

And one from the River Road near Navou Illinois........great road to ride and nice people the whole route. my '09 heritage..........
Attached Images

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"
superdutyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #45
Round-I-Go OP

Rocker, this is great! On your map it looks like I live just about 100 miles north of Perth, also known as San Diego.
... come visit sometime (and mebbe I'll do the same, in reverse)

A lap around the block ... Hmmm, I'll remember to use that one on my wife! ... HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerC
Round-I-Go, I like to look at our two great lands like this : you guys have got 50 states - we've got 6 and a territory. Obviously not to scale but our lap around the block looked something like this. A lot of the guys over here refer to a lap around the block as doing the continent - around 17,000k.

Round-I-Go screwed with this post 10-07-2009 at 07:40 PM