User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
rickypanecatyl OP
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Best bike parking near Bangkok airport?

Hey guys I need to break away from my SE Asia adventure for a few weeks and fly out of Bangkok.
Any ideas for best place to store bike in the interim? Is the airport parking safe, reasonable $ ?

Thanks

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
I would leave it at the hotel, Rompo Mansion in Khlong Toei is where I always stay and they have secure parking for bikes under a roof next to the kick boxing gym. Dont know about the airport.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,540
Which airport? If I remember correctly the guards at Suvarnabhumi do not like having bikes around. However at Don Muang there are plenty of places to leave your bike chained up. But If you can leave it in a covered spot in a hotel, do that and take a cab.

Canoli
canoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
rickypanecatyl OP
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Thanks for the responses guys! For anyone else who is interested here is what I did.

I just parked at the Don Muang Airport. Parking was covered, free and there was a security guard. I had soft panniers and nothing was stolen when I got back 5 days later though of course that is just one single case!

My security precautions were I left some foul, dirty work out clothes on the top of one pannier and my heinous smelling running shoes on the top of the other!
While everyone was watching me pack my "go bag" at the side of my motorcycle I made a dramatic, demonstrative display of ascertaining if indeed the clothes packed in my panniers were dirty and all that saw laughed out loud when I got bit by them.

I also left a new Garmin 60CSx on the top of the panniers just as a test. It had stopped being able to get a satellite signal a couple weeks into use and the Garmin tech department wasn't able to revive it over the phone.
It is worth a discount on a refurbished unit IF I drag it with me 10,000KM around SE Asia but I'm traveling as light as possible, and so I was kind of 6 in 1, 1/2 a dozen in the other if someone stole it.
Of course a thief couldn't have known that and I really was surprised it was still there!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
TonyBKK
Secret Soi Rider

Oddometer: 830
Wonderful to hear your bike and belongings survived 5 days and Don Muang unmolested. It revives my faith in our Thai hosts a bit
2011 Kawasaki VERSYS!
2005 BMW K1200LT
TonyBKK is offline   Reply With Quote