Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #31
35Summers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
I can see it's been a while since there were any updates to this thread. If you keep going with the project I'd love to hear what other "adventures" you have with the motor. I'm in the process of restoring a '69 MX6 Challenger myself. Luckily the motor is in much better condition than what you had to start with, but I'm still expecting plenty of surprises.

You may already know this, but aside from Frank Conley in California, Rabers (www.rabers.com) is a fantastic resource for old British parts. They don't specialize in Greeves per-se, but they are unbelievably knowledgeable and can be a great resource.

Connal
35Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #32
Owyhee OP
Ran when parked

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbotage
I can see it's been a while since there were any updates to this thread. If you keep going with the project I'd love to hear what other "adventures" you have with the motor. I'm in the process of restoring a '69 MX6 Challenger myself. Luckily the motor is in much better condition than what you had to start with, but I'm still expecting plenty of surprises.

You may already know this, but aside from Frank Conley in California, Rabers (www.rabers.com) is a fantastic resource for old British parts. They don't specialize in Greeves per-se, but they are unbelievably knowledgeable and can be a great resource.

Connal
Sadly, I'm geographically separated from my bikes for the next year or so, but the Greeves got a little love this summer when I scored a clutch removal tool on eBay and got most of the bolts loose on both the original engine and the "new" engine.

Thanks for the tip on finding old Brit parts!

"O"
Owyhee is offline   Reply With Quote