Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #1726
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelsporter View Post
Probably what I used to call "balloon" grips. I used to run them on my bikes until I found Progrip 714's.

On a completely different note, I sure am glad its finally spring!

I'm glad it's spring somewhere. Mornings still in the 30's here, our friends a little north had a wintery mix the other day.

Great picture, the red in the field sets off your tank nicely.

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #1727
Zeon
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Replacement muffler question

Just picked up my 1st W650 and love it. but the PO put a huge hack mark in one of the mufflers.

I see that I order the OEM muffler, but is it welded to the exhaust pipe from the engine or is it all one piece? There appears to be a chrome collar hiding the weld mark.

Also, is there anywhere I can get a replica peashooter slip-on exhaust, or am I stuck with OEM if I want something that looks similar.

Replacments are about $400 US so I'm looking for some help here.

Thanks!!!!
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #1728
rider33
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
really, you guys need to stop posting. I sold my '01 after about 15,000 miles and have regretted it ever since. 'No well trimmed Bonnie seems to scratch that itch in quite the same way. They brought like what, 400-500 of these into the states? That means each bike has likely had one or two posts about it at this point. To the guy who has mine: I want it back, cracked rear fender and all. I sold my last Kawie last fall. If the brain trust at Kawie US ever brings this back in, I would be first in line. A bike that is considerably greater than the sum of its parts, you lucky bastards.......
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #1729
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
Just picked up my 1st W650 and love it. but the PO put a huge hack mark in one of the mufflers.

I see that I order the OEM muffler, but is it welded to the exhaust pipe from the engine or is it all one piece? There appears to be a chrome collar hiding the weld mark.

Also, is there anywhere I can get a replica peashooter slip-on exhaust, or am I stuck with OEM if I want something that looks similar.

Replacments are about $400 US so I'm looking for some help here.

Thanks!!!!
This really depends on where you are in the world.

For cheap options in the US, we are stuck with hacking the mufflers of and fitting cheap generic replacements like Emgo. I think EMGO does have stuff that may fit, but you need to have a fairly long inlet pipe to clear the rider pegs. The Yahoo W650 group has a folder in the "files" section with some measurements.

Next step up in price would be OEM full exhaust which is $400-450 a side as you have stated..

Finally, there are several Euro or Japanese import options. All are very expensive. $1000-$2500 for full exhaust. Also, I am not sure how much support you get from them or how much it might cost to send them back in case of a problem. International shipping is $$$$

http://japan.webike.net/KAWASAKI/W650/434/mtop/

http://www.w650shop.de/

http://predatormotorsport.co.uk/Kawa...em-Road-Legal/

The only other option that I can think of is having an exhaust shop make some headers out of high quality stainless steel and then trying to find some decent mufflers for a Bonnie or the like. This may be the route I eventually go because my exhaust is rather rough too. Still might not save much over the OEM.
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #1730
Pigford
British

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider33 View Post
They brought like what, 400-500 of these into the states?
I think it was nearer #1200 ...... Still comparatively rare though

Seems to be a few for sale this side of the pond - a good 1/2 dozen on eBay at the moment !

Just done a few miles on mine yesterday - weather here is getting better - sunny, dry and hitting +60 F next few days
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #1731
Zeon
n00b

Oddometer: 9
How iabout Bonnie pipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjensen641 View Post
This really depends on where you are in the world.

For cheap options in the US, we are stuck with hacking the mufflers of and fitting cheap generic replacements like Emgo. I think EMGO does have stuff that may fit, but you need to have a fairly long inlet pipe to clear the rider pegs. The Yahoo W650 group has a folder in the "files" section with some measurements.

Next step up in price would be OEM full exhaust which is $400-450 a side as you have stated..

Finally, there are several Euro or Japanese import options. All are very expensive. $1000-$2500 for full exhaust. Also, I am not sure how much support you get from them or how much it might cost to send them back in case of a problem. International shipping is $$$$

http://japan.webike.net/KAWASAKI/W650/434/mtop/

http://www.w650shop.de/

http://predatormotorsport.co.uk/Kawa...em-Road-Legal/

The only other option that I can think of is having an exhaust shop make some headers out of high quality stainless steel and then trying to find some decent mufflers for a Bonnie or the like. This may be the route I eventually go because my exhaust is rather rough too. Still might not save much over the OEM.
I'm in North America. How's out pipes from a T100 Bonnie?
I really like the peashooter pipes, as you can tell.
Anyone know if they would work?
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #1732
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 500
Dude on a sporty parked next to my bike. What happened to not sharing a spot if you don't know the other rider?! :

At least I still got to enjoy my Root Beer.

GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1733
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
Dude on a sporty parked next to my bike. What happened to not sharing a spot if you don't know the other rider?! :
[/img]
Would not bother me as long as the bike didn't block me in.
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1734
OtterChaos
Guzzi Guzzi Guzzi

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Would not bother me as long as the bike didn't block me in.
Agreed, happens all the time at work and it isn't an issue so I wouldn't care if it happened elsewhere.
OtterChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #1735
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,116
Quote:
Never heard of this, is it a CA thing?

Bikes share spots all the time.

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #1736
marco83
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I am located at singapore(thanks to google i able to find this forum).

I been riding my w650(ej650A1)for almost 3 year. lately my carb give way and I am looking to buy another set of carb but Japan Kawasaki does not sell ej650a1 carb anymore.

This is the problem, does anyone know whether other model carb(A2,A3,A4)can fit on A1 bike?

Thanks
marco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #1737
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 500
Who dis?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-K...#ht_500wt_1182
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #1738
Pigford
British

Oddometer: 889
Quote:

Not sure about the "description" - especially with LOL included, must be a teenager
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #1739
pjensen641
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
I'm in North America. How's out pipes from a T100 Bonnie?
I really like the peashooter pipes, as you can tell.
Anyone know if they would work?

Not sure. Your best bet really is to join the yahoo W650 group and look in the "Files" area and there is an Exhaust folder in there. A dude over there shows many options and discusses each one. I THINK the T100 mufflers may not have a long enough inlet pipe, not sure.

Off the top of my head, I think these were mentioned and they are not too expensive. Mikes XS. I can not confirm 100% they they will fit, but I do think they have a longer than normal inlet pipe. Check out some of the other options he has too. Obviously all would take a little fab work for brackets and such. Also, I have heard that these may be rather loud.
pjensen641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #1740
acap650
acap650

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco83 View Post
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I am located at singapore(thanks to google i able to find this forum).

I been riding my w650(ej650A1)for almost 3 year. lately my carb give way and I am looking to buy another set of carb but Japan Kawasaki does not sell ej650a1 carb anymore.

This is the problem, does anyone know whether other model carb(A2,A3,A4)can fit on A1 bike?

Thanks
Any W650 carb should work, only the jetting may need to be changed. In some countries carbs had electric heaters so that may be an issue. Also, I believe the carbed Triumph Bonnevilles use the same Keihan carbs with only jetting variations.
acap650 is online now   Reply With Quote