ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #2101
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer
 
MrFurious's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 704
Doug, Doug, Doug....

I'm greatly disappointed in you! How could the man who rode an Indian in the Cannonball and urinated on The Factory ever bring himself to ride a *cough* Harley *cough* *cough* across the TAT? Call up them boys at Spirit Lake, IA and tell them you need one of those fancy new corn-fed Indians with the Thunder Drum engine for a special record setting project.

(You should also tell them you'd be more than happy to replace Mike Wolfe as spokesperson as he's kind of a tool.)
__________________
Jim B.


MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #2102
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™
 
MikeyT's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: The Thumb of Michigan
Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Doug, Doug, Doug....

I'm greatly disappointed in you! How could the man who rode an Indian in the Cannonball and urinated on The Factory ever bring himself to ride a *cough* Harley *cough* *cough* across the TAT? Call up them boys at Spirit Lake, IA and tell them you need one of those fancy new corn-fed Indians with the Thunder Drum engine for a special record setting project.

(You should also tell them you'd be more than happy to replace Mike Wolfe as spokesperson as he's kind of a tool.)
Don't forget that he's the guy who rode a Panhead around the world as well.
__________________
MikeyT

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #2103
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer
 
MrFurious's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
Don't forget that he's the guy who rode a Panhead around the world as well.
Yeah, but he did it on an Indian Chief first. lol
__________________
Jim B.


MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #2104
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever
 
rtwdoug's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Alabamski Oblast, Redneckistan
Oddometer: 3,631
I like to swap up. You may have noticed that all my Indians I have travelled on, were pretty much stock.
the Harleys, not so much. Its not because I think an original Indian is perfect the way it is, its only because HD's are cheap, so I can afford to make them the way I want to.

I talked to the new 'indian' guys at bike week, told em if they wanted a real test ride on their new bike, I'd do a rtw trip on one.
__________________
www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #2105
indianscout
Dexter
 
indianscout's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Minnesota
Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
I like to swap up. You may have noticed that all my Indians I have travelled on, were pretty much stock.
the Harleys, not so much. Its not because I think an original Indian is perfect the way it is, its only because HD's are cheap, so I can afford to make them the way I want to.

I talked to the new 'indian' guys at bike week, told em if they wanted a real test ride on their new bike, I'd do a rtw trip on one.


I couldn't agree with you more on Indians being perfect the way they are Doug. And as far as the "new" Indian guys go, it's unlikely they would go for the test ride idea as they refused to do something like that in the past. But if they would go for it, you would be the best one for the job!
indianscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #2106
eldomike
Who Cares
 
eldomike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Oddometer: 807
here is what you should take...

http://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/3708175250.html
__________________
Bikes Most Gone http://tinyurl.com/3jzxa8x
eldomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #2107
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever
 
rtwdoug's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Alabamski Oblast, Redneckistan
Oddometer: 3,631
you bastard.
why did you have to show me that?
__________________
www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #2108
eldomike
Who Cares
 
eldomike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Oddometer: 807
haha...I know your weakness...
__________________
Bikes Most Gone http://tinyurl.com/3jzxa8x
eldomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #2109
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever
 
rtwdoug's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Alabamski Oblast, Redneckistan
Oddometer: 3,631
I dont need another panther, altho it sure is cool.

what I need is a nice sunbeam S7 or a Nimbus.
__________________
www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #2110
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer
 
blaine.hale's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Oddometer: 2,990
Apparently Fred is 5 houses down from my family at the beach. Weird.
Come join us, haha!
__________________
1974 BMW R90 /6
1968 Bultaco Matador MK3
1973 BMW R75 /5 Toaster LWB
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #2111
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dorzok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
I like to swap up. You may have noticed that all my Indians I have travelled on, were pretty much stock.
the Harleys, not so much. Its not because I think an original Indian is perfect the way it is, its only because HD's are cheap, so I can afford to make them the way I want to.

I talked to the new 'indian' guys at bike week, told em if they wanted a real test ride on their new bike, I'd do a rtw trip on one.
i've never heard THIS before.
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #2112
goatroper
Studly Adventurer
 
goatroper's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
what I need is a nice sunbeam S7 or a Nimbus.
Dammit, you are fun to watch
goatroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #2113
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever
 
rtwdoug's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Alabamski Oblast, Redneckistan
Oddometer: 3,631
If you are patient & look around, cheap harleys are pretty easy to find.

even my RTW pan & my knuck were pretty cheap, compared to the going prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorzok View Post
i've never heard THIS before.
__________________
www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #2114
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dorzok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
If you are patient & look around, cheap harleys are pretty easy to find.

even my RTW pan & my knuck were pretty cheap, compared to the going prices
well, my stable consists of a $300 XS400 and a Shadow 600 i bought new when i was 20. OH!! but i do have a '68 SS350 i got for free and in crates if that counts. well i have most of it. that one's for sale btw; for free too.
Dorzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #2115
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,673
Doug,

Do you have any of the Dirtster t-shirts left?
My Ukrainian brother-in-law saw mine and he asked me to get him 1 or 2.
__________________
.
.
Indeed, This is a gentleman's game....
Quote:
German W.O.D. Certified
2014 Winner of the Biggest Potato in Jersey
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014