Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #406
arshishb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor
I really don't like that exhaust guard. An aftermarket version that looks better would be a big seller. Otherwise that bike is better than sex!
Fuck this is so gorgeous! I couldn't care less about the heat shield, I would take it as is. Even the non "S" model is acceptable by me.

I will have mine in red, thanks.
arshishb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #407
motolocopat
When in doubt gas it!

Oddometer: 519
My Latin Ride

I bought mine with the intention of taking it to Ecuador where I lived for 13 years. I had 7 dirtbikes there for my moto touring company but didn't have a real streetbike that I could do any two up riding on and participate in group rides or solo jaunts down to the coast or???. Anyhow since expensive bikes are not easily sold down there and I am more of the inclination to buy something that I want to keep long term anyhow this was a key part of my bike selection process. I wanted something that would look just as good in the garage 10 years later as when new, it needed to be mechanically simple, well suspended with good brakes. I'd looked at a monster down there but it was only 600cc, found a nice deal on a used Harley but since you measure straight aways in feet and the dropoffs in fractions of miles it was not ideal. When Ducati came out with the S2R1000 Monster as I was looking I decided it was "The Bike". I got the bike but it never made it to Ecuador... that another story.
Attached Images

www.moto-loco.com
motolocopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #408
motolocopat
When in doubt gas it!

what only one photo?

another shot
Attached Images

www.moto-loco.com
Old 01-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #409
motolocopat
When in doubt gas it!

one more

ok one more
Attached Images

www.moto-loco.com
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #410
motolocopat
When in doubt gas it!

I'll dispute this

While I agree in general with your statement I sure think that my 2006 S2R 1000 is BEAUTIFULL...... of course the thing I like about it, and hate about the post 2008 is that it is rounded and bare. Big ROUND headlight, all trellised frame whereas the new ones have an angular headlight, cast pieces on the frame and plastic cover on the gas tank that has some weird holes in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK
My prejudic...er, tastes are well known by now I'm sure so, I'll just say it: Did you notice how all the bikes in this thread made before say, 1999, were gorgeous, and how NONE of them made since then are?

Oh, I know how quick/fast/responsive they are. Moreso than 99% of us (very much including me) will ever be able to use or appreciate. But butt-fucking-ugly. Unless you go for that transformers look. In which case, go home - shouldn't you be playing dungeons and dragons right now?

Function is form my ass. Function and form can be made to co-exist.

SQUARE/RECTANGULAR is bad! Rounded/curved is good. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
www.moto-loco.com
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #411
RR-
=====

Oddometer: 240
Thumb Round, bare, full trellis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motolocopat
While I agree in general with your statement I sure think that my 2006 S2R 1000 is BEAUTIFULL...... of course the thing I like about it, and hate about the post 2008 is that it is rounded and bare. Big ROUND headlight, all trellised frame whereas the new ones have an angular headlight, cast pieces on the frame and plastic cover on the gas tank that has some weird holes in it.
You are correct. Yours is the Monster at its pinnacle.
RR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #412
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag
That's gorgeous!

I wonder where they got that deep sump?
check www.dynotec.de
s10rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #413
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,381
Great thread, nothing to contribute, only to lurk...thanks.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #414
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by motolocopat

I have to agree, your S2R is very beautiful. My fav is the Senna, which predated yours. I like the low pipes and red wheels. My son's first street bike was a 2002 750 Senna. I loved that bike. He took it with him to ASU in Tempe. He had nice Termi slip-ons so it had a sweet sound. He rolled up to get gas and an old timer walked up admiring it and said; "That ain't no Honda..."

A very cool motorcycle.

Sadly, he called me one nite very upset to tell me he crashed it. I asked what happened.

"Well I've been flagging for AZ trackdays at Firebird raceway. They give me free track time in the afternoons. I was going real good but something happened on the brakes..."

Sheesh
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #415
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK
My prejudic...er, tastes are well known by now I'm sure so, I'll just say it: Did you notice how all the bikes in this thread made before say, 1999, were gorgeous, and how NONE of them made since then are?...

SQUARE/RECTANGULAR is bad! Rounded/curved is good. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
If you believe both of your assertions- how do you reconcile the 851/888/pre- 1999 900SS? Are they gorgeous because they were built before 1999, or ugly because they have rectangular headlights?

Maybe you should stick with prejudice as you were first inclined to do since prejudice is not often affected by reason, but opinion often is.

wpbarlow screwed with this post 01-16-2010 at 01:47 PM
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #416
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Can't pass up a reason to post a pic of my 2002 900ssie.

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php?acti...ch=18539;image

homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:17 AM   #417
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10rat
not mine...yet
Man, thts great. Can you tell me more about it?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #418
s10rat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gum on Shoe
Man, thts great. Can you tell me more about it?
these are actually germans working on guzzis www.dynotec.de
their bikes to me are the best ...although seem a little pricey...
this other http://www.millepercento.it/index.ph...id=2&Itemid=43
is an italian firm that also makes specials...like the griso with the big bore..
s10rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #419
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,520
Wow. Has it really been that long since I've been out of the basement?

Here's mine. I bought it brand new, and had some bolt on mods done before it ever left the dealer.

I even did some decent long weekend road trips on it. 1800 miles in three days doing the Rolla rally in 2003(?).

As things go, I was forced to sell it to keep making house payments when I was caught with two houses and no job one year.

A few years later, back on my feet, and I found it once again, here on this site of all places. Managed to hound the guy enough for nearly a year that he sold it back to me. It had seen a few changes since it left.

Not sure if I want to return it to the way it was when I had it before, or go ahead and finish tricking it out with Ohlins forks and mag. wheels.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #420
farmer fred
Banned

Oddometer: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
Wow. Has it really been that long since I've been out of the basement?

Here's mine. I bought it brand new, and had some bolt on mods done before it ever left the dealer.

I even did some decent long weekend road trips on it. 1800 miles in three days doing the Rolla rally in 2003(?).

Not sure if I want to return it to the way it was when I had it before, or go ahead and finish tricking it out with Ohlins forks and mag. wheels.
He painted an FE yellow?
farmer fred is offline   Reply With Quote