Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #2536
Humungus
no it doesn't

Oddometer: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIt
Mate yer on the wrong side of the road!

No way...'roos always bounce into the right lane.
Humungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #2537
Humungus
no it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes
Why do you say that? It appears to be revving at about 4K at 50mph. That's about right.

But those key dangles will wear off the paint, flapping around like that.

It's got the 90S bar clamps, but not the longer signal mounts (and obviously not the fairing). I get the idea it's a 90/6 with 90S bar clamps.

Nice bike - from what I can see. But I do question your bravery not wearing the gear. Makes me cringe...
Year its just a leather strip & the plastic thing does not hit anything. There is 35 years of hit marks there anyway.

Ive never been one to wear the full battle suit. I will go interstate in a tee shirt & runners. Its my call & ive been like that on the road for 27 years.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #2538
Humungus
no it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper ST4
if it gets too hot for leathers, it's too hot to ride.
You would have to sell your bike if you lived here then. I very rarely wear much gear...never have.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #2539
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humungus
You would have to sell your bike if you lived here then. I very rarely wear much gear...never have.
I reckon I wouldn't live there then.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #2540
Joe Bar
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,356
Quote:
Always a personal call and choice, can't say that I'm an ATGATT type rider personally, but the weather in the UK generally means, most of the gear most of the time, but I've never been able to ride without gloves of some sort even in summer.

Some ATGATT's are so evangelical about it, I'm surprised they don't just drive a truck, probably safer than riding a bike. I'd never come across the phrase before this site, but it seems to crop up very time someone posts a picture on here of a rider without it.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #2541
frankietheyankee
NJ Geezer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodweiser
Don't know who that is, but someone who knows how to post pics (unlike me) should put one of TC Christensen and the Hogslayer up in homage to the Norton marque.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #2542
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Me & my 90 on some back roads today.
IAN told me to ask you where your gloves are

the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #2543
Bloodweiser
honestly

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankietheyankee
Don't know who that is, but someone who knows how to post pics (unlike me) should put one of TC Christensen and the Hogslayer up in homage to the Norton marque.
Bloodweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #2544
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous

Oddometer: 7,938
Quote:
I'm not a safety Nazi and have no intention of coming across that way. People should do as they please - I believe in freedom as well as safety gear.

In my early riding days in the 60s and 70s I dropped the bike a few times and the gloves and helmet really helped. I've also heard way too many stories of other's mishaps and took them to heart. But for a long time I didn't spend the money on proper gear and rode with just a leather jacket, gloves and boots.

After I had all the gear I realized that I didn't have attention on myself - it's that old thing of how many attention units do you have focused on the road and traffic situations? I realized that 100% wasn't on the road, some was on me and being careful - absolutely certain - I was safe.

Funny thing is that with 100% attention on the road and the ride, I'm much safer than I was before and the ride is more enjoyable.

Also, consider this: heat really isn't an excuse for not wearing the gear. Not with all the vented equipment out there. And frankly, a couple of summers ago travelling through Montana when it was 105F I was much hotter WITHOUT my gear. Now and then I'd have to open the visor and the blast of hot air would just about knock me out!

But it's up to you. It's your decision.

Hey, could you post some more pictures showing the rest of the 90/6? What year? How many miles on it? And, fer doG's sake, straighten out that rubber speedo sun visor.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #2545
Humungus
no it doesn't

Quote:
Hey, could you post some more pictures showing the rest of the 90/6? What year? How many miles on it?
Its a '74 with about 85k miles on it & a fresh motor/box (who knows if its the original speedo though). Runs unbelievable well..she sings to you as you ride along. Perfect motor.

Quote:
And, fer doG's sake, straighten out that rubber speedo sun visor.
ok ok ok... i just walked downstairs & fixed it for you
Old 01-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #2546
Humungus
no it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
IAN told me to ask you where your gloves are

Tell ian where i can put them them.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #2547
Humungus
no it doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bar
Always a personal call and choice, can't say that I'm an ATGATT type rider personally, but the weather in the UK generally means, most of the gear most of the time, but I've never been able to ride without gloves of some sort even in summer.

Some ATGATT's are so evangelical about it, I'm surprised they don't just drive a truck, probably safer than riding a bike. I'd never come across the phrase before this site, but it seems to crop up very time someone posts a picture on here of a rider without it.
Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog puts his head out of a car window. It was actually 39c where i was riding yesterday...you need plenty of sunscreen though. I just do my own thing & enjoy my bike.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #2548
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Tell ian where i can put them them.
He got all excited.........

the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #2549
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodweiser
Wel I know I'm dating myself,but I was at the NHRA Natioals at Indy in 1970. The only motorcycle class run at the Nats was Top Fuel.Mostly double Triumphs,single Harleys,double Harleys and this Norton.
T.C. Christenson and John Gregory did things their own way.Everybody else ran single speed trans. The Norton used a Rambler overdrive set up to make a two speed. It was lined up against a Harley and when the lights came down the Norton lept ahead. After the run there was scilence , then the win lights on the Norton's lane showed a time of 8.02.Thats was the quickest time by a motorcycle ever by about .3 second.Most of the crowd were car fans but they knew it was a fantastic time.I sure did.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #2550
Rokkit

Oddometer: n/a
Enjoying the site. Pictured is my '82 Honda CB900F Supersport. I have had it for about a year and a half. Pretty much bone stock with only 13.5K miles. Fun ride and alot different from my Hayabusa & Raider. It's a happy time warp riding this machine...