User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #301
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,795
Nice ride Rob

still working on mine...if only Chris H. would just finish my damn heads!
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #302
Mooseman
Old Fart

Oddometer: 12
My Classic as I say it is, haha.

It's fun to ride and lots of pep. All original with under 21000kms.
Mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #303
Mooseman
Old Fart

Oddometer: 12
My last post did not accept the picture

Here is the picture of my ride.
Attached Images

Mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #304
Yosarrian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
1970 Triumph Tiger 500. Great little bike. Lots of fun in NYC traffic with the occasional 'sputtering and dying' thing it used to do. Had to sell it when I lost my job.
Attached Images

Yosarrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #305
MrLuftkoph
n00b

Oddometer: 5
My Beemer...just finished it.

MrLuftkoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #306
dorkpunch
Oops...

Oddometer: 5,117
i LOVE that style rear fender... my supermoto XL350 will have something like that... someday... if i ever get back to it. heres two more of mine:

"I've been going to this high school for SEVEN YEARS. I'm no dummy!"
-Charles De Mar.
dorkpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #307
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Oddometer: 1,915
This in my first "real" bike - just got it in August - a 1982 Suzuki GS850L - it sat for 22 years. When I received it still had the original CA plates stickered 1986. Had 874 original miles on it when it rolled out of the semi onto my street. Still has the sticker on the odometer to remind you to get the 600 mile check up done :-) I'm a novice rider at this point, and don't have a lot of experience to compare it to other bikes but it feels like a solid old workhorse to me.....corners nicely, starts right up....I had the windscreen and the cushion to the sissy bar added....except for 3 tiny paint dings on the tank the bike is pretty much show room.

svizzerams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #308
speedbump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Here is one of my favorite bikes, its a real headturner and draws the crowds away from the shiny/clean never ridden bikes that don't leak oil.
Me and Bullethead bought it at a garage sale in 1972 as a basket case, at least engine and tranny were together. After about a day or 2 we had it together and it started, amazing. Ran it till it stopped for about 5 years then put it in a shed for years. One day I saw one in a Camel commercial and that motivated me to pull it out of the shed.

Squirted oil in the cylinder, cleaned out the gas tank, carbuerator and found the jet laying in the bottom of bowl, hmm. Put it back together and it fired right up. Have added fenders since this picture to get it licensed but it pretty much looks the same. Rode it 15 miles in May to bike rally and won an award.

Can you guess what it is ?
Attached Images

www.sprucetreeguestranch.com

speedbump screwed with this post 10-14-2006 at 05:36 PM
speedbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #309
speedbump
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's another hint
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #310
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,879
Yowzah, some gorgeous bikes on this page. That slick black boxer is just too too pretty. Good work Lufty.... And that Suzuki DOES look showroom. Wow, timewarp. Have fun with that..... Looove the GS with the funky front end and the big round light (BRL). Looks VERY functional and perfect for a proper journey. No poser bike, that. Hope to do something similar with what's left of my 1150GS. Tele-Lever's don't belong on dirt bikes!.... And man, Dorkpunch, what's with the XL frenzy?!? Good on you man, someone's gotta love those underdog ducklings!

Here's a bike that sorta fits the mold.... though like an idiot I sold it last summer.... for good cause, mind.... And to a friend so I know where it is for visits etc.
Attached Images

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #311
Lornce
Lost In Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbump
Here is one of my favorite bikes, its a real headturner and draws the crowds away from the shiny/clean never ridden bikes that don't leak oil.
Me and Bullethead bought it at a garage sale in 1972 as a basket case, at least engine and tranny were together. After about a day or 2 we had it together and it started, amazing. Ran it till it stopped for about 5 years then put it in a shed for years. One day I saw one in a Camel commercial and that motivated me to pull it out of the shed.

Skirted oil in the cylinder, cleaned out the gas tank, carbuerator and found the jet laying in the bottom of bowl, hmm. Put it back together and it fired right up. Have added fenders since this picture to get it licensed but it pretty much looks the same. Rode it 15 miles in May to bike rally and won an award.

Can you guess what it is ?
Cool story, Speedbump. Is that some sort of WWII Norton flathead?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #312
Lornce
Lost In Place

Meant to include this in the last post.... Another view of the bike above.... In the background is a buddy's '72 R75/5 with 200k miles on the clock.... He rode it to Seattle and back this summer without any *real* issues.... How many 34 yr old bikes could do that?
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #313
vintagemxr
old fahrt, nobody special

Oddometer: 640
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by svizzerams
This in my first "real" bike - just got it in August - a 1982 Suzuki GS850L - it sat for 22 years. When I received it still had the original CA plates stickered 1986. Had 874 original miles on it when it rolled out of the semi onto my street. Still has the sticker on the odometer to remind you to get the 600 mile check up done :-) I'm a novice rider at this point, and don't have a lot of experience to compare it to other bikes but it feels like a solid old workhorse to me.....corners nicely, starts right up....I had the windscreen and the cushion to the sissy bar added....except for 3 tiny paint dings on the tank the bike is pretty much show room.

You've got a fine bike there. The Suzuki 850 is a really solid engine. Some of the most enjoyable riding I've ever done was on my then new 1979 Suzuki GS850. When you're tired of riding it just put it aside and keep it for a spare. You'll own cooler and fancier bikes as the years roll by but the 850 will always be your friend.
----------
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" - Eric Hoffer
vintagemxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #314
CageFreeGuzziman
Marginal Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce
Cool story, Speedbump. Is that some sort of WWII Norton flathead?
I say it's a BSA M20. Even has some O.D. paint to keep it real. WD surplus? Nice!

Aw Jeez.
. . don't get me started. . .
CageFreeGuzziman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #315
speedbump
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry to keep you hanging Lornce I've been gone the last couple of days.

Your guess is pretty close it's a 1940 BSA "wm20" which stands for war model. It was built in England for World War II and they made about 80,000 of them. Its 498cc.

Believe it or not it usually starts on the first kick. I guess you could call it one of the first dual sport bikes as it came with panniers and was designed for dirt and pavement.