Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #106
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
I've got a CB750F, circa 82 in pieces right now. I have the stock pipes, which are still in pretty good condition. A guy told me the pipes were worth more than the rest of the bike.

Guess I should put it together......
That applies at least to the pipes of the first 750's. Just to give an example: an almost new pair of pipes for the CBX 1000 sold for more than 2500 $ in ebay just 2 weeks ago.
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:34 AM   #107
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,262
Saw this in Daytona last year....

Tbone screwed with this post 12-29-2004 at 08:44 AM
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:39 AM   #108
bavarian
bavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
I've got a CB750F, circa 82 in pieces right now. I have the stock pipes, which are still in pretty good condition. A guy told me the pipes were worth more than the rest of the bike.

Guess I should put it together......
Keep me posted about your progress!!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:39 AM   #109
bavarian
bavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone
Saw this in Daytona last year....

love it!!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #110
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,129
My ears hurt just looking at the picture.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #111
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,262
what ?????

Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:07 PM   #112
Stephen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,186
Hey, did somebody say "Flathead?"

This is not mine. Wish it were.

Or from a different school of Old School:

Appears Flash Gordon worked for Maico in the Fifties, eh?

Plenty of very large alloy castings:

The whole Taifun:

Did somebody say "large alloy castings?"

Listen, if you like Old School, nothing compares with an AHRMA race. It's really nice to see, oh, a couple of dozen Vincents parked in the grass, more than a few of which were ridden to the show. Or to hear a squadron of 50-year-old Limey singles pulling up the straight. Or to watch a bunch of little Ducatis giving chase to bikes with twice the cylinders and triple the displacement. The Art of the Motorcycle only going really fast.
Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 07:15 AM   #113
dego
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb what?????

Beautiful pictures,it just made my day,(it is minus 2F here this morning)please send us some more
dego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #114
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Listen, if you like Old School, nothing compares with an AHRMA race. It's really nice to see, oh, a couple of dozen Vincents parked in the grass, more than a few of which were ridden to the show. Or to hear a squadron of 50-year-old Limey singles pulling up the straight. Or to watch a bunch of little Ducatis giving chase to bikes with twice the cylinders and triple the displacement. The Art of the Motorcycle only going really fast.

Ahrma races at Barber this year
http://new.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57199

Strangest sight in racing is when they run 250GP and Pre-40 together
Faired, clip on, 2 strokes out on the track the same time as hand shift Indians, battling it out for the overall, worlds collide
Old 01-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #115
ra2bach
drive-by poster

Oddometer: 4,814
this one's my avatar. a 1980. mine is identical in every respect except mine has K&N's, Koni shcks, Conti pipes, a Super Sport black front fender, aluminum oil filter cap, and the original turnsignals and alloy fork lowers.

"having dreams to look forward to slows time..."

-- Freeflow

ra2bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:14 AM   #116
Pete Rock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
that is so cool , how many miles has yours?
Pete Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #117
ra2bach
drive-by poster

Oddometer: 4,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
that is so cool , how many miles has yours?
thank you. I'm realy proud of her, I did quite a bit of detail work to bring her to this state. she has about 20,400 miles and one thing I forgot to mention is she has the original Darmah tigerhead logo on the side covers. I don't know why I haven't done it yet but as soon as I can, I'll get a decent picture of her and post it.

and as long as I'm posting crappy pictures, I may as well show this one too. she's not really "old-school" yet, but still a guaranteed classic that I would never part with. If darmah is my moto-wife, then she is my moto-mistress.

and this is my, uh, "personal assistant"

"having dreams to look forward to slows time..."

-- Freeflow

ra2bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #118
norton73
drinkin'

Had care & feeding of a 77 Darmah for the last five years. Belonged to my nieghbor when I lived in Maryland. He was in his late 70s and didn't ride anymore. When I moved in, he saw my Norton and decided I was OK. His instructions were to always start the Norton pointed at his house so he could hear it
The Darmah had been sitting, and his son held no interest in it, as it wasn't the right kind of V-twin
The nieghbor had me clean the carbs and rebuild the brakes in preparation of selling it, and then decided he couldn't bear to part with it, so we made a deal whereby I could ride it and he would pay for parts, and I would provide labor, in return for making sure it would be taken care of, and he could at least hear and see it running.
I rode it a few thousand miles, enjoyed it, but when it came time to move, he thought about selling it to me, but at the last minute, his son decided he wanted it now
I suspect the son will just sell it, he thought it was a collector's item and was worth a small fortune, $10K or so. Some idiots think anything old has collectors value.
Liked the bike, but thought it was a bit heavy, and no faster than the Norton.
Got a friend with a GT750 that hasn't been run in years, trying to make a deal with him, I prefer the round case models anyway.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #119
bavarian
bavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton73
..... I prefer the round case models anyway.
Well, so do I. But I have to wait for my lottery win. They are real pricey here - 10.000 Euro and more. So if you find one - where there is one there might be two. Info me and I will come.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #120
norton73
drinkin'

Small World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian
Well, so do I. But I have to wait for my lottery win. They are real pricey here - 10.000 Euro and more. So if you find one - where there is one there might be two. Info me and I will come.
the street I was living on was about a mile long, and the aforementioned Darmah owner was already there. A couple of years ago, my friend with the Gt750 moved to the same street.
When he was moving in, I rode my Commando over to help him. When I rode up, the previous owner of the house was getting the last of his stuff out, and comented on the Norton. We got to talking bikes, and he said he had a GT750 in storage at another garage.
Niether he nor my friend knew the other had bikes, and it turns out the guy moving out has a GT750, and the guy moving in has one!
They get to talking, and the bikes are the same spec, Amal carbs, screw type vavle adjusters, Marzocci(sp?) suspension, etc, they must have been built very close to each other, and both bought their bikes while stationed in Germany! What's the chances?

There was anther guy that lived one street over, he was into Italian stuff too, '76 MG LeMans, Laverda Triple, and a '78 900SS, we started to think we should start our own owner's club