Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
Mumblebee OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
almost around the black sea

Hello

In july and august 2012 my brother in law and I made a tour around the black sea. Because i read so many adv on here it is my duty to do one in return. We drove both a BMW R1150 GS and it was way to heavy to do some of the challenges we did. Also it was our first big trip with a motorcycle and were way to heavy packed... But we did have an adventure! Now, first some photo’s as a introduction of our trip.

Georgië3

GeorgiË2

Georgie1

GeorgiË4

Trough our journey we had three fixed dates. the 10th of july (ferry Odessa (UKR) - Batumi (GE)), the 10th of august(meeting with our girls in Bolvadin (TU)) and the 24th of august (train Edirne (TU) - Villach (AU)). The rest of our time we were free of any commitments.

The first day we drove quite some km’s and slept next to the highway around Kassel.

Because i have no more pictures here (my work) i can’t write any further. So stay tuned and i will be here monday 28/01 with a new installment.
Mumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
Lets see the rest!!!

Lets have the rest of it!!!!
zakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
We're waiting patiently

Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
Mumblebee OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13

Here you see a picture of our first night camping next to the “autobahn”. When we departed we tossed a coin whether or not we should take our chairs with beer-holder with us. Now we were very happy with the outcome.
DSC_0260

Since the start of our journey, even before that there was some annoying noise at the back of my motorcycle. I wanted to know what it was and therefore we agreed to spend the night in Dresden to go to a motorgarage. Actually we also wanted to see the finals of the European Championship. An easy win of the Italians, a worn bearing in the cardan and a F expensive hotel was the outcome of our visit to Dresden.
DSC_0276

So we bought a new bearing in the local BMW-dealer and where on our way to Poland and wanted to install the bearing over there to lower the costs :) When we crossed the border our thoughts of Poland totally changed. I do not want to say that we thought there was a dingy atmosphere and residents who still bear the consequences of the Soviet era. No, but we also didn’t expect this at the border :)
DSC_0279

This evening we made camp next to a lake where we drank our first of the many vodkas that would follow. And this one was actually very good Zubrowka with bison grass.
DSC_0290

There were three thing we wanted to do in Poland: Visiting the concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, Riding offroad in the lake district Bielsko-Biała and installing the bearing in my cardan.

The off-road section in the lakes around Bielsko-Biała was a relief after the many highway kilometers we had passed since Belgium. We could drive kilometers on unpaved roads far away from any human activity.

DSC_0313

DSC_0316

DSC_0326

A strange thing were the wooden open churches hidden in the woods. Our curiosity is aroused and in the next village we do some inquiries. This region, also called Lesser Poland,is very famous for its wooden Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches, which perfectly fit into their natural surroundings. Some of these churches are several hundred years old and were built by simple, devout carpenters.

DSC_0320

When we were resting in a cafe that afternoon we met some Polish builders (later they told us they were ex-cons). They invited us to go at there place to put our tents up and have a drink with them. The result of this evening is a terrible headache and a broken tent-pole. Especially the last thing is FU for the rest of our journey.

DSC_0340
After the poignant visit of Auschwitz-Birkenau and a night in the mountains around Rzeszów, I want to mount my new bearing. When we arrived at the garage the man, along with a dozen other helping hands, put his work aside and immediately start to work at my motor. Two hours later and 70 euros poorer we continue our way to the border with Ukraine.
DSC_0354
Mumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote