Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #91
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,899
Ugh. Lockinfo 5 sucks.

Edit:

Just found this video.

Actually, If I could *ever* get past the license screen (which I'm sure was completely overwhelmed like everything else), based on this video, I might actually be able to set this thing up to do what I want.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Xeraux screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 06:19 AM
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #92
Gimpinator
Minister Funny Walks

Oddometer: 1,062
Xeraux -

This is a LONG ad-blocking hosts file and it works very well. Browsing is zippy and virtually ad-free:

http://jamesisbored.com/iphone/adblock

I've also found an (Edit: SOMEWHAT) effective way to kill the iAds that pop up in free apps. Life is good
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #93
JamesM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinEugene View Post
My brother just gave me an old iphone 3. I got AT&T to unlock
How did you go about asking for this? I have a 3G, 3G S, and 4 i'd like to unlock but ATT said they wouldn't since it was never offered to any other carrier. However, they unlocked my 4S after ending my contract.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #94
MikeinEugene
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
How did you go about asking for this? I have a 3G, 3G S, and 4 i'd like to unlock but ATT said they wouldn't since it was never offered to any other carrier. However, they unlocked my 4S after ending my contract.
It was more painful than it should have been....went to the AT&T store, they gave me a customer service # to call & said they wouldn't/couldn't do it in the store.

Called & talked for a few minutes to find out he couldn't/wouldn't help either but he did give me a website to go to to request an unlock. I did it from home so don't have it here. My little bro had to do the request. They wanted the phone # & last 4 of his SSN. Took a day or two after that & it was done.

Looks like I need a 3gs or 4 to be able to stay current with apps. I still don't have my sim activation card from Tmobile so haven't been able to test the new system at all.
MikeinEugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #95
JamesM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
Ugh. Lockinfo 5 sucks.
Actually, If I could *ever* get past the license screen (which I'm sure was completely overwhelmed like everything else), based on this video, I might actually be able to set this thing up to do what I want.
I have had the previous versions of this on iOS 4? and 5 and liked the older design better. For some reason Lockinfo5 keeps all your notifications closed by default instead of expanded. Swipe left > Reply - doesn't seem to work either from the lockscreen.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #96
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I have had the previous versions of this on iOS 4? and 5 and liked the older design better. For some reason Lockinfo5 keeps all your notifications closed by default instead of expanded. Swipe left > Reply - doesn't seem to work either from the lockscreen.
I've been using LockInfo since my 3GS and LockInfo 4 was one of the reasons you jailbroke your iPhone in the first place.

Yeah. LockInfo 5 is basically just a replication of the iOS notification center on your lock screen. If it was working properly I think it'd be okay, but you can tell that LI5 is very much a beta. I can't get any of the widgets that are displayed in the Notification Center to display in the "widget view" of LI5. The developer has updated his repo twice yesterday and twice this morning. It's working differently every six hours. He's being pretty responsive to questions and bug reports people are posting to his support site, https://getsatisfaction.com/lockinfo . I'm going to hang on to it while he works though some things, but he's posted it'll never be the same as LI4.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #97
MikeinEugene
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,416
Here's the page I started from:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_GB/
MikeinEugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #98
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Just a heads up...

The iOS 7.0.4 untethered Jailbreak is out.

http://evasi0n.com/

You can now updated your Jailbroken iOS 6.x iPhone to the most recent version of iOS 7 and Jailbreak it.

Again, it's no more difficult to Jailbreak your iPhone than it is to lauch an application on your Mac or Windows box. The application takes care of everything.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #99
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Cydia Substrate (formerly Mobile Substrate), basically the code insertion platform for the jailbreak, was released this morning.

We'll start seeing most of the tweaks and jailbreak apps being recompiled for ARM64 and hitting the repositories really soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: