ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #841
wazz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Oddometer: 27
Just put our 2006 connie up for sale, original owner, 45xxx miles, etc...

It has been a great bike, good commuter and taken us two up on multiple trips with no issues. Dependable sport-tourer on the cheap.

Simply don't need this bike as I no longer travel two-up....

Thanks, greg

Details:
Peg lowerers w/ Goldwing pegs, heated grips, Sonic springs, forkbrace, recent Avons, Gufstason sheild, Powerlet outlet, exhaust cam mod, needles shimmed, saddlebag liners, and whatever else I'm forgetting....

(C-L link deleted (my bad) and I'll try to figure out how to post pics...)



$3995 located in Northwest IN.....may consider trades up or down, vintage bikes, trucks, (no electronics)

wazz screwed with this post 05-03-2011 at 11:35 AM Reason: dumb ass (x3) link didn't work
wazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #842
dsm_rally
The Lorax
 
dsm_rally's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Oddometer: 1,260
Price? Location? Bueller?
__________________
'03 Kawasaki KLX400SR
'08 DL 650 V-Strom - Flat Black
dsm_rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #843
dsm_rally
The Lorax
 
dsm_rally's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Oddometer: 1,260
That's an email address. And anyway, the rules don't allow CL links.
__________________
'03 Kawasaki KLX400SR
'08 DL 650 V-Strom - Flat Black
dsm_rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #844
Highside>Lowside
Hairier Than Thou
 
Highside>Lowside's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: ChiTown
Oddometer: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post

Much to my husband's disappointment, I didn't accept the offer.
Hmmm.


My wife wants an Elco in the worst way.


I'd rather have another Rampage, myself.
__________________
00 M944,95 620RXC,82 FT500,85 V65 Sabre,01 1150GS,82 XJ650r,91 XV920r,82 V50 Monza,77 TT500, R75/6, etc...
Highside>Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #845
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,633
WTB - Cheap car, truck, cage of some sort that is dependable for around $4,000.

I'm saving my money for more motorcycles

Located in West Michigan BTW.
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #846
svennoly
Banned
 
svennoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: The North Woods
Oddometer: 513
1964 Gibson Melody Maker

1964 Gibson Melody Maker single pick-up mint shape all original, standard case $700
Attached Images
 
svennoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #847
Panic
Anxiety's little friend
 
Panic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Metro Chaingolia
Oddometer: 1,307
1979 DR 370 for sale


1979 DR 370 for sale. 4 stroke with an IL STREET TITLE w/ current plate and sticker!!

I bought this bike this winter as part of a package deal.
I cleaned out the gas tank (not bad at all) and have gone through the carb (new orings, float, jets, gaskets etc). Bike runs well, but needs some more carb/timing tweeking to get to idle properly. I rode it around the block a few times yesterday (5/04/11) and she runs strong with the clutch and all 5 gears working properly. Brakes stop well enough to lock up the rear wheel with ease. Head light and tail light work as well. Chain and sprockets show no wear.

This machine was ridden sparingly in 1980 (previous owner) then sat untouched in a garage for 31 years. Still has the original factory knobbies from 1979 and they are not worn down!
Asking $900 or reasonable offer. Bike is in (Wrigleyville) Chicago, IL.
PM me for more info or pm me a phone number and we can talk.
thanks
Panic
I'll give the Midwest ADV collective a few days at this before I list it on Craigslist.
__________________
" Gonna do what I want and I'm gonna get paid." Tom Waits
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #848
R.Markus
Damage Addict
 
R.Markus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan City, IN
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post

1979 DR 370 for sale. 4 stroke with an IL STREET TITLE w/ current plate and sticker!!

I bought this bike this winter as part of a package deal.
I cleaned out the gas tank (not bad at all) and have gone through the carb (new orings, float, jets, gaskets etc). Bike runs well, but needs some more carb/timing tweeking to get to idle properly. I rode it around the block a few times yesterday (5/04/11) and she runs strong with the clutch and all 5 gears working properly. Brakes stop well enough to lock up the rear wheel with ease. Head light and tail light work as well. Chain and sprockets show no wear.

This machine was ridden sparingly in 1980 (previous owner) then sat untouched in a garage for 31 years. Still has the original factory knobbies from 1979 and they are not worn down!
Asking $900 or reasonable offer. Bike is in (Wrigleyville) Chicago, IL.
PM me for more info or pm me a phone number and we can talk.
thanks
Panic
I'll give the Midwest ADV collective a few days at this before I list it on Craigslist.
__________________
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
R.Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #849
RedFrogTango
Studly Adventurer
 
RedFrogTango's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Geneva - Galena, IL
Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
I just forwarded this onto to guy I work with looking for this bike.
If he is from Rockford, then he is the one that bought it. Thanks again.
RedFrogTango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #850
Nessman
Cluttered Minimalist
 
Nessman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Everett, WA
Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessman View Post
My kid brother is the original owner of a '00 Sprint RS that he doesn't have time for anymore, three little kids'll do that.




Bike is in Moorhead, MN. Purchased from and maintained by Ma's Cycle from day one. Never abused, crashed or ridden in anger. 14K miles with three Triumph soft bags (pictured), heated grips, chain oiler and Genmar risers.


Matt
Spring is here so I'm going to bump this to see if there's any interest. $2500.


Somebody needs a cool torque monster that gets 50MPG, PM me for contact info.
__________________
'07 Bandit 1250ABS
'78 XS650 with patina
Huge piles of Guzzi that aren't motorcycle shaped.
Nessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #851
RedFrogTango
Studly Adventurer
 
RedFrogTango's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Geneva - Galena, IL
Oddometer: 723
Ethan Allen Hutch/China Cabinet

I trying to get rid of some of my mother's larger pieces of furniture in anticipation of moving her into a smaller place closer to me.
First up: An Ethan Allen walnut hutch/china cabinet in perfect condition. This is a quality, high-end set reflecting skilled craftsmanship. Lots of beautiful details.
The hutch/china cabinet measures 64w x 75h x 20d. It has curved front glass panels & wood shelves with glass inserts. The unit does not have any scratches or dings, and appears to be in perfect condition.
Asking $450.
A matching table & 6 chair dining set is also available.
The hutch is located in Wheeling, IL (60090).
I know, the photo is pretty crappy. I have close-ups that I can send.
PM me or call at 312-420-1075 if interested.
Mike
Attached Images
 
RedFrogTango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #852
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: west of road america
Oddometer: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrogTango View Post
If he is from Rockford, then he is the one that bought it. Thanks again.
no, but I'll let him know it's sold.


__________________
sideways and smiling
WIsixfitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #853
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark
 
seriousracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
Oddometer: 7,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
WTB - Cheap car, truck, cage of some sort that is dependable for around $4,000.

I'm saving my money for more motorcycles

Located in West Michigan BTW.
I got an E350 passenger van i will sell you for 3750.00 177k runs great reliable new brakes and front end.
front rear heat a/c.
18 on the highway 14 around town.
Will be great for you to use as a camper when you start going up north.
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #854
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark
 
seriousracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
Oddometer: 7,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
i would go ahead and assume its the 800in the header line
If it needs a t belt and valves got hit.. for 800 it is to much.
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #855
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer View Post
I got an E350 passenger van i will sell you for 3750.00 177k runs great reliable new brakes and front end.
front rear heat a/c.
18 on the highway 14 around town.
Will be great for you to use as a camper when you start going up north.
Thanks Kurt, but I ended up finding a vehicle locally.
__________________
1999 DR350SE

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014