ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #31
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,433
Me!!!

Hey
Well to begin with i like puppies and long walks on the beach .....

well ok....
Independent bmw and adventure style full bike service, along with vintage cars and race car prep.

i am in Niles michigan 6 miles north of 80/90 just off Us12.
www.kmotorwerks.com
269 684 0362

yah not sure what else to say if your in the area and i can help i will.
Sometimes i can provide shelter or camping space to.

kurt
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #32
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,482
might as well get looking soon...

Well, in the near future...

In December of 2010 I will be a college graduate of Michigan Tech looking for a full time position in the field of Industrial Technology. Coursework involves quality assurance, statistics, lean manufacturing, production planning and control, facility and process design.

I started my college career in Mechanical Engineering Technology and was there until my 5th semester, so I do have knowledge of statics, dynamics, basic machine design, and fluid systems also.

I've also taken many business and economics classes in accordance with degree requirements and as general electives, such as basic accounting, micro/macroeconomics, international economics, business law and organizational behavior (essentially a business psychology course).

Finally, I rounded out my degree with history and philosophy courses, two of my major interests.

The best practical work experience I have is as a metal fabricator for a small welding shop near my home. This includes mig welding, bending, drilling, simple fabrication, and basic manual machining on lathe.

I'd like to find an entry level position in a company that can use an Industrial Technology major for full time employment. As I stated, I will graduate in December of 2010, GPA will be about 3.1. I'm hard working, don't mind long hours, and am willing to learn. I am willing to relocate to just about anywhere, but would prefer to go to Wisconsin or Minnesota.

If anyone has any leads pm me, as I need to get a jump on my search. Hopefully I can have a solid job offer by graduation day.

Resume available at request, and thanks for your time.
-Andrew

2014 CB500X
2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
masterjorg
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Bike Transport from Rolla, MO to Fargo, ND

Looking for anyone travelling from South central Misouri (Rolla area) to Fargo, ND or Minneapolis who could haul a 450Exc. Bike is in Rolla MO and I'm in Fargo. I'll pay for gas and extras! Call Mike @701-371-5527.

Masterjorg
masterjorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #34
gsfreeman2
Ersatz adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Executive Suites of Minnesota

Executive Suites of Minnesota provides shared office facilities and virtual office services to mobile and work-at-home professionals.

Why use your home address on your business card and give up that layer of security between your personal and business life? Why meet your clients or prospects at Caribou or Starbucks when you could meet them in a clean, private, furnished conference room or day office?

In addition to our virtual office services, we also offer full-time shared office space available on a short-term (1 year or less) lease with all office equipment (telephones, furnishings, copiers/scanners/printers) available.

Contact me for the first month's free on a virtual contract or two months of rent free with a 14-month lease.

http://www.exsmn.com
http://www.virtualofficemn.com

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a GIFT! That's why it's the present... - Eleanor Roosevelt
gsfreeman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #35
SZRimaging
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Web developer/designer and photographer in Northern Lower MI. On staff at a resort but willing to do small side jobs. Otherwise, always open to new opportunities in new cities.

Work in C#, ASP.net, ASP, HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, Ajax, Prototype, MSSQL and much much more.
SZRimaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
Crashcup
Underfunded Explorer

Oddometer: 23
IT Business Analyst

Well, might as well get my info out here. It's been great having more time to ride, but I need to get going on something soon.

Looking for contracts or a new position with a company. I have 14 years of experience in IT, primarily as a Business Analyst, and that primarily with Oracle Applications / eBusiness Suite.

Open to contracts on W-2 basis, or direct through my company, T Rock Consulting. Also considering a permanent-type position with a great company.

If you think you know anyone who need someone like me, please PM me with an email and I'll be glad to shoot off my resume.

Thanks
Crashcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #37
Hank.SD
Jet Measurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Machine design engineer wanted.

Successful custom automation builder in Eastern South Dakota looking for an experienced machine design engineer with mechanical design, electrical control design and programming experience. We would also consider a candidate with control and programming experience only.

Ideal candidate would have:

BSME, or BSEE
5-10 years of experience in automation design engineering, including some or all of following:

Electrical / programming:

Schematic creation with AutoCAD or DWGeditor
Considerable experience with Allen Bradley PLCs (500 and 5000 platforms), servos, VFDs, and HMIs (Panelview Plus). This is a primary requirement.
Automation Direct PLCs and hardware
Vision programming experience, Cognex primarily
Robotic programming (Staubli, Fanuc, Kuka, Adept)

Experience with C#, C++, and SQL databases, and Think and Do PC based control desirable but not required, as long as you are willing to learn.

Mechanical:

Solidworks experience
Material handling equipment
__Conveyors and transfer lines
__Stacking and feeding equipment
Wood processing equipment
Metal fabrication / processing
Inspection equipment utilizing machine vision
Medical packaging
Robotic integration (Staubli, Fanuc, Kuka, Adept)

Candidate must be capable of working independently and managing a project timeline, and dealing with customers, some of which may be unreasonable

Candidate must be hardworking, creative, and like a challenge.

Some travel is required, maybe averaging 20-30% annually with some installations requiring 2-3 weeks time away from home at a shot.

The position includes Medical / Dental insurance, 401K with match, and a competitive salary that depends on experience and skills.

Company is located in the heart of prime walleye fishing and pheasant hunting country.

If you are interested and meet a significant number of the above guidelines, PM me and I’ll send you my work email address where you can forward your resume.

Thank you!
Hank.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #38
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,566
Aerospace Engineer
Minor in Mathematics
Minor in Materials
Minor in Explosives Engineering
Certificate in Explosives Engineering

2 years of explosives engineering research.
2 years of microsatellite thruster research.
7 years of self employment; owned 2 businesses (one lawncare, one industrial tool sharpening).

Manual and CNC machine tool (lathe and mill) experience.

Previously employed in an aerospace prototype/design lab.
Currently employed in a foundry/machine shop.

Familiar with Solidworks, Catia, Ansys, MasterCAM, EasyCAM, Magmasoft, White Seismology, C++, HTML, Microsoft Office, CNC G-Code.

7 years as a professional drummer; 14 years drumming.
5 years as an amateur guitarist.
3 years as an amateur photographer.

crazydrummerdude screwed with this post 01-23-2011 at 09:37 PM
crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #39
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,560
Automotive Types -- need a gig?

A lacal to me company is actively (desperately) seeking folks with any automotive background for multiple open positions. Mainly in auto body repair, but they are really looking for everything.

Great company, good pay and benefits, multiple Chicagoland locations.

PM me, and I'll send you to the appropriate people.
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #40
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,891
Japanese / European Motorcycle Technician Sought

Due to recent expansion, Thiel's Wheels is in need of a motorcycle technician.

The shop is located in central Ohio, about an hour north of Columbus. Featured marques are Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and now Triumph (which frankly has been an increasing amount of business). Thiel's Wheels also services other brands, like Suzuki, Aprilia, etc.

In the "second season" (fall/winter), much focus is on ATVs, Mules, etc.

Performance work is an issue- with dyno tuning a priority.

If interested, please mail a resume and cover letter to:

TWI Metric Division
350 Tarhe Trail
Upper Sandusky, OH 43351
Old 10-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
dcwn.45
Frozen Rider

Oddometer: 754
My company is Trimworks,LLC.
I do residential and commercial finish carpentry,cabinets, hardware, laminate wood floor installation, and design.

I am located about 40 miles west of Mpls, and will work anywhere within reasonable distance of the twin cities. [the bigger the job, the farther I will travel]

My contact info is
David Nyman
952-913-0302
trimworks1@mchsi.com
Old 10-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsman76
I am looking for a machinist/toolmaker/cnc programming position. Although I'm open to almost anything.
Anyone know of anyone looking.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #43
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,131
R&D Tech Position in central WI

Thought I'd throw this out in case anyone is looking. The company I work for is looking for an R&D technician. Looking for someone the has electrical, electronics and mechanical testing background. Basically a Jack of all trades, master of none type. If your looking, or know someone that is, shoot me a PM and I'll forward the cantact info.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #44
Brownsvillian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
I am a great master of none, could I qualify?
Brownsvillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #45
C Squared
Now with TURBO!

Oddometer: 6,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsvillian
I am a great master of none, could I qualify?
Ah, nope... You are from Brownsville and had Mr. h as a teacher