ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #751
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Info

200+ - per day.100 + - per tank
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #752
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Looks like I won't be able to make it on this one, but that's par for the course this year.

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #753
ridewestKTM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,691
Good Bye

I fianally escaped the evil clutches of Idaho Falls. Wasn't easy but I am gone. For now on I am a TX rider. I will miss the great riding and the good friends but I will not miss Idaho Falls. 33 years in IF and hated that town from the start. The last 4 yrs or so being the worst. Mayor ("guilty-saw it in is eyes") Feurman should be but a bad memory but won re-election with what 95% of vote?! Anyway not my problem. That and the times made this jump necessary. Perhaps I'll come up for a Magruder ride.

Best wishes all.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #754
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Sad to see you go, but you have to do what you have to do. I might be headed out of here in the near future, depending on a few things. I wish you well, too bad we didn't get another ride in.

What part of TX?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #755
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
That's a big move Mr West. I'm missing E Idaho a little, but I was there most of 54 years. W Idaho is an easy adjustment hopefully milder winters.
It was fun riding Medicine Lodge/Leadore with you.
Will watch for posts if you can do the Magruder.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #756
mung
Studly Adventurer

Last week got an offer I could not turn down on my 04 GasGas Raga trials bike.So now I have a new 12 300 Raga ordered from Chris at Rons Tire in Mud Lake.They are a new GG dealer and he seems to be a good guy.This should be fun .
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #757
mung
Studly Adventurer

Sledding

Sat. and Sun. were very good sledding. Sunday had 3-4 feet new powder and no other tracks all day.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #758
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
Sat. and Sun. were very good sledding. Sunday had 3-4 feet new powder and no other tracks all day.
Pictures???
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #759
mung
Studly Adventurer

Utah trials

Is anybody going to the first Utah trials of the year on 2/2 in Elberta?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #760
ridewestKTM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,691
Checking in from TX

I start to miss the backcounty of e-idaho then I remember - ah yes snow, cold... I went riding yesterday - short day less than 200 mi but I got in 10mi or so of dirt roads. A few miles of that was very fun. My new riding buddy and I plan to got to "hill country" soon. Hope to find some Adventure rides there.
I can't complain about weather - beautifull day - started out at about 50 and got to 65ish.

Floorpoor: sorry didn't answer your question I'm near Houston (gulp) I try to avoid the city I live in Katy nice place.

wireman: do you not read your PMs? or are you mad that I didn't help with the wheel? So sorry
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #761
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewestKTM View Post
I start to miss the backcounty of e-idaho then I remember - ah yes snow, cold... I went riding yesterday - short day less than 200 mi but I got in 10mi or so of dirt roads. A few miles of that was very fun. My new riding buddy and I plan to got to "hill country" soon. Hope to find some Adventure rides there.
I can't complain about weather - beautifull day - started out at about 50 and got to 65ish.

Floorpoor: sorry didn't answer your question I'm near Houston (gulp) I try to avoid the city I live in Katy nice place.

wireman: do you not read your PMs? or are you mad that I didn't help with the wheel? So sorry
Hey Phil, that's where my sister is, in Katy. I was down there in 2011 and it seemed nice. I'm not sure if my bro-in-law got another bike yet, if he did, I'll have him get in touch. I haven't checked this thread in a while, it kind of died.

Riding season just barely got started here. I did a bit of riding last week up north near Cour de alene and the weather was good, but has since degraded. I did 290 miles today in STRONG, gusty winds. I left Shelley at 11 and rolled into Carey at 4:15 with 170 miles on the clock, all but about 5 miles dirt , I spent about 45 min there warming up and getting some energy back, then had to pound the (mostly)highway home.

The last 30 miles or so were .

I'm sure you miss the desert and mountains, but equally sure you don't miss the crazy springtime winds and the cold winters.

The next time I make it down to Katy I'll get a hold of you, I still owe you some beers.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #762
Vector Leto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Henry's Canyon Rd.

4/21/2013. Not as wet as I thought it would be after the rainstorm we had Saturday. Took it slow. Still learning the big bike.

Usually, I don't see many people in this area. This time I saw two ATVs, a dirt bike, people walking their dogs, and some dudes brushing up on their rifle skills. Guess I'm not the only one with spring fever.

Vector Leto screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 06:50 PM Reason: 720p
Vector Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #763
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

^^ Was that the Henrys cutoff road near Wayan? There are some good routes down that way. Early season and late season I do most of my rides on the west desert. I'll be headin for the mountains soon

Nice bike BTW

Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #764
Vector Leto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Henry's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post
^^ Was that the Henrys cutoff road near Wayan? There are some good routes down that way. Early season and late season I do most of my rides on the west desert. I'll be headin for the mountains soon

Nice bike BTW
Thanks.

Wayan sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. If you head south on 45 E in IF/Ammon (Crowley Rd), you'll end-up on this road. It comes out on Taylor Mnt. Rd. I usually use it to connect with Taylor Creek Rd. (off of Taylor Mtn. Rd.) and then Wolverine.

Vector Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #765
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

^^ Ok, I know that one.

Everybody I rode with on this thread has moved away.

What kind of riding do you like?

I won't be able to go out this weekend (heading out of state for a job) and I might not make it back for the next one, but after that I'll be itchin for a good day ride, and I need to do a good shakedown ride for my homemade soft paniers before a trip I'll be taking in June. I'll post an invite here when I have the time to ride, and have an idea of a route.