A Chevy with a Nissan badge. Cool

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,158
for any manufacturer attempting to be innovative.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 39,272

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
plumber mike
Soaking up Son shine

Oddometer: 3,336
Does anybody care about anything other than the new diesel option?

Ugly trucks are a dime a dozen these days. What sets this one apart?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #6
TooFast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber mike View Post
Does anybody care about anything other than the new diesel option?

Ugly trucks are a dime a dozen these days. What sets this one apart?
Agreed, but if Nissan prices this new Titan at or below GM Colorado stratospheric prices, they may have a winner. I drove and priced the new aluminum F150, $50K + for a mid range half ton PU. Competition usually improves the breed .
Old 01-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
plumber mike
Soaking up Son shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFast View Post
Agreed, but if Nissan prices this new Titan at or below GM Colorado stratospheric prices, they may have a winner. I drove and priced the new aluminum F150, $50K + for a mid range half ton PU. Competition usually improves the breed .
That's why I'm wondering what else is new. An emissions saddled diesel is not enough to get me to come on down and drop big coin on something that looks like that. I'm sure it's less $$$ than the Toyota tundra and better quality and reliability than F150. It's a different league than than Tacoma Colorado frontier. Its chevy 6.2 competition IMO

Now if that cummins comes available with a manual trans, I'd maybe go for a test drive....I can only assume my money is safe, but I'll be keeping an eye just in case
Old 01-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #8
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 41,195
Quote:

I laugh in your general direction. Pick-up pricing keeps getting more ridiculous and people keep on buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #9
adam_c_eckhardt
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,158
Quote:
We may have differing opinions on what midline is, but you can get a pretty nice F-150 for lower 40s. Let the newness wear off and they'll be selling for mid 30s.

And YES- competition is good. Ford has the aluminum body, ecoboost. Ram has the V6 diesel. Lots are finally using direct injection. Toyota better step it up.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #10
oldoval
Frank Orator

Oddometer: 665
New trucks keep getting more expensive because people are buying trucks that are optioned out like luxury cars. Leather, heated seats, power everything, navigation, big stupid wheels, etc, etc.

You can still buy trucks that are affordable....but they will be optioned out like TRUCKS, not luxury vehicles.

I just got this for under 30k. V8, 4WD, more electronics inside than I care for. Great vehicle for towing or working, but very comfortable too, and relatively cheap.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
TooFast OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post

I laugh in your general direction. Pick-up pricing keeps getting more ridiculous and people keep on buying.
Around Denver, used PU prices are at a premium - push back on new truck prices even when they "discount" $8K off msrp.

Japs got into our market with quality and low prices, far fetched, but the door is open for the new Titan if they can do it.

Now that diesel fuel is ~ $1 higher than gas, makes the new Cummins a tough sell. Hopefully Nissan improved their gas motors mpg.

Pricing is making a large grey area now, new models are very pricey, existing designs that have been around years are usually less $ - yes a Titan is not directly comparable to a GM Colorado, but if the price is the same or less makes it a viable alternative to be considered IMO. It it's priced the same as the big three, good luck Nissan.

TooFast screwed with this post 01-12-2015 at 07:27 PM
TooFast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #12
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Thats a bad ass looking truck, thou holding to current trends its a blend of everyone elses styles and curves.

I saw a few years ago it was a china made pickup about the size of a ranger or a bit smaller that had a little 4 cylinder cummins in it with a 5 speed manual and talking to the driver it was a pretty fun truck to drive.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #13
plumber mike
Soaking up Son shine

The vehicle is not yet available for sale. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this advertisement.

From

http://www.nissanusa.com/trucks/2016-titan/

Aisin auto only
Old 01-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #14
TooFast OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber mike View Post
The vehicle is not yet available for sale. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this advertisement.

From

http://www.nissanusa.com/trucks/2016-titan/

Aisin auto only

Thanks PM, you got it linked!

Was hoping to show Nissan's new truck for us to see the details and scrutinize. If priced right (cheap) they could have a winner, Time will tell.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #15
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
Funny, but from the design standpoint - it doesn't look very original. I see Ford Superduty from the side and a mix of Chevy and Toyota from the front.

I guess you can only do so much, but then again, I thought that when Dodge redid their front ends with the step fender - so no pass for Nissan.

Like everyone else, I'm curious more about the motors. Lets here how Cummins runs and what options they have the motors. The truck has potential and competition is gooooood.

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: