ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #2041
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Had my GoPro running around there I think, I may have got you passing us if I knew where to look..
Wish that I'd have recognized y'all at the time....could have tried to chase ya down. Initially thought the TA could have been Clockwatcher as he's local to that area.

knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #2042
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 584
great audio and video

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Opa View Post
Cool!

Here's an attempt at a video, my first one on the motorcycle. Probably a little long at 15 minutes, but if anyone wants to know what we were up to it was all kinda like this. VW bus and half a squirrel too make an appearance too..

I also had to figure out how to embed video... I have another one I'll get up from the back of the bike, mostly just watching augiedog riding along.
love the audio and the video. that tripple sounds really good when you start streaching it out.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #2043
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 273
Three Square Meals Ride - Video

Here is a short video (approx. 5 mins) with some footage from Sunday's ride. Be sure to watch the ending which features some footage of each rider/motorcycle. (The audio is not as clear as it is in James' video, but I'm expecting a new external microphone to arrive in the mail today.)

Numa

Suzuki V-Strom DL-650K6

Maps can only lead to conjecture, whereas proof is born in the ride.
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #2044
maffud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Riding on Saturday?

Ok, Looks like I have the green light to ride this Saturday, but Notarally is just too far away.
Anyone want to show me around? I could do all pavement, or an on/off-road excursion, if it heavily favors off-road. I can easily transport my WR in the back of my truck to get to a starting point for an off-road ride, so it doesn't have to be all off-road right from Charlotte.
If not, I may try to go to TNT or Car. Adventure World. Anyone have experience with these parks? Are there other places that are better or closer for trail riding?

Thanks!
Dan

PS:

My kid was 6 here, but it was just for a ride around the block.
maffud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #2045
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by maffud View Post
Ok, Looks like I have the green light to ride this Saturday, but Notarally is just too far away.
Anyone want to show me around? I could do all pavement, or an on/off-road excursion, if it heavily favors off-road. I can easily transport my WR in the back of my truck to get to a starting point for an off-road ride, so it doesn't have to be all off-road right from Charlotte.
If not, I may try to go to TNT or Car. Adventure World. Anyone have experience with these parks? Are there other places that are better or closer for trail riding?

Thanks!
Dan

PS:

I believe I could make another ride this weekend, but someone would have to show me around too...

No trails for me on my 500 lb dirt bike... yet. Mix of dirt road and street would work, or an all street ride too.

BTW, I know last weekend everyone was talking about the crowds when the leaves start to turn, but if any locals know of less used roads we could ride when everything starts to turn that would be a ride I would be up for too. Maybe a little less spirited, or we can always install some sheet metal screws in our tires for those corners.
XCRider803 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #2046
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedog View Post
love the audio and the video. that tripple sounds really good when you start streaching it out.
Yeah, I had to so I keep you in sight... that 21" front is like trying to lean a flagpole back and forth. I'll smooth out in time, need to get more mountain miles under my belt.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #2047
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Some more video of the ride, this time from the butt cam... first is mostly a BMW, second is me holding up a XR.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #2048
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRidgeRider View Post
Here is a short video (approx. 5 mins) with some footage from Sunday's ride. Be sure to watch the ending which features some footage of each rider/motorcycle. (The audio is not as clear as it is in James' video, but I'm expecting a new external microphone to arrive in the mail today.)

Numa
Cool, we're like a traveling movie crew.

I just used the GoPro back that had the slot in the back instead of the waterproof one since rain wasn't an issue that day.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #2049
The Opa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Question

I believe that is Jame's video (?) coming out of lunch/gas Shell. My fork mount lights are blinking like a ..........

Never seen that before, anyone notice me to be doing that constantly?

Opa Rides
The Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #2050
Flasher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Video

At least I didn't make the blooper reel this time! LOL. Looked like you were holding your own pretty good.
Flasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #2051
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Quote:
I believe that is Jame's video (?) coming out of lunch/gas Shell. My fork mount lights are blinking like a ..........

I noticed that too. Probably something to do with the frequency of the camera frame rate and the electrical frequency causing the lights to flicker. Kind of like the first video where it looks like my front wheel is going backwards. You guys make me feel like that sometimes, but I assure you I was not going backwards.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #2052
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 273
Quote:

If you blink your eyes at just the right frequency while watching the video, the lights on your motorcycle no longer blink. Although, it does get a bit tiring about five or six minutes into the video.

Numa

Suzuki V-Strom DL-650K6

Maps can only lead to conjecture, whereas proof is born in the ride.
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #2053
Flasher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Lights

Sounds right. Sometimes when you take a pic of an older style TV, you will get lines.
Flasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #2054
The Opa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Thanks guys. The controller I wired to these lights blinks them twice when first powered up, indicating they are ready for the set up process. Just wanted to be sure they weren't constantly blinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRidgeRider View Post
If you blink your eyes at just the right frequency while watching the video, the lights on your motorcycle no longer blink. Although, it does get a bit tiring about five or six minutes into the video.

Numa

Opa Rides
The Opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #2055
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by maffud View Post

Thanks!
Dan

PS:

Cool! How old is your son now? Mine is 9 and loves to ride with me (or his own bike when we can).

I've ridden at both CAW and TNT. TNT trails are fun but a bit short, CAW is overrun by quads that tear up the place - it's usually pretty muddy. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty fun, but I think there are better trails. I think Brushy Mountain has much better trails for a bike. I'm wanting to take my son riding out there sometime soon.

I doubt I'll be able to get out this weekend, but I'm sure I'll see you around!