ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #1141
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedog View Post
joe, I am ready to lay out and lead a street ride in dec. when we can all get together. could even do an overniter if enough are intrested. I know a lot of good backroads and twisties we can ride and stay within a couple hours of home. Talk it over with the others and let me know when we can all get together. I'm available anytime.
My ability to take leave from work right now is very limited as I just started a new job. But I am certainly up for weekend day rides and/or a Saturday/Sunday overnighter. Looking forward to it!

Numa
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #1142
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedog View Post
joe, I am ready to lay out and lead a street ride in dec. when we can all get together. could even do an overniter if enough are intrested. I know a lot of good backroads and twisties we can ride and stay within a couple hours of home. Talk it over with the others and let me know when we can all get together. I'm available anytime.
I'm up for a one-day street ride on either Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th, with the 15th being the best bet. The other weekends in December are already filled up with business travel and/or family stuff.

Who else?
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #1143
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
My ZRX will be in pieces for most of December unfortunately.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #1144
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 724
sat 15th day ride

Let's try for a day ride on dec 15th. say a start at gas station near buster boyd bridge on rt 49. at 10:00 am. It will be an all paved ride with lots of rural roads and plenty of switchbacks.we will be back in same area early afternoon.anyone intrested post up and let us know you are planning to go.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #1145
Paratrout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Dec street ride

I'm in for the 15th...

2008 KLR 650
Paratrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #1146
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 865
Dec 15 Street Ride

I'm in but work schedule permitting. I just moved to Denver last w/e and new job (from Front Royal, VA). Looking forward to meeting folks in the area.

Paul
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #1147
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

I'm in for the 15th.

There's two gas stations on the SC side of that bridge. We usually meet at the smaller of the two for our dirt rides, so I'd ask if we can do the same for this one.

I'll be in the RT and am looking forward to it!
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #1148
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 602
I'm in for the 15th street ride. Looking forward to it. Hopefully, nothing will come up in the mean time that requires my attention back in Maryland during that weekend.

Numa
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #1149
sscol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Don't know if I can make the ride on the 15th gonna try. Can someone post the route? I am always looking for new roads to try.
sscol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1150
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Damn Paul, you didn't even say "goodbye."

Next time I'm in the area, I'll say "hello."

Congrats on the new job and the move!
Hey Dave! Yeah - sorry about that. It's been rather hectic for me since last Feb. What are you up to? Do you get down this way any? I'm grateful for finding something a little more steady for work in these parts and the area is as nice as VA and WVA. Happy that I've not had to give up nice riding.
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #1151
AppFan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
I'm probably in for the 15th but wont know for sure until a day or two before.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #1152
augiedog
augie dog

dec 15 route

as of right now the route is going to be as follows. might make some minor changes depending on weather and the size of the group we have. I am going to do a big loop to the west and north of the starting location, weather ie. temp and time dictating how far north we go. we will not be more than an hour or so from our start at any time during the ride. we will head out west jumping back and forth from nc to sc along the state line on some two lane farm roads winding around and south of the crowders mt , king mt.state parks area. we will likely make our first stop at the burnt mill campground and swimming hole for anyone who wants to take a dip and cool down after the first section. from there we will head north crossing I-85 near grover sc , wind around some backroads up thru waco nc and the falston , lawndale area. after a short stop we will continue around the south mountian area riding some really good switchbacks south of morganton and valdese nc. There is a really good burger- shake joint in valdese we can grab a burger at if we want. I would like to do a short loop northwest where we will pick up rt18 south back toward home grabbing some backroads back toward lincolnton and gastonia. I can adjust the route to get us back home at whatever time we agree on. we should be able to do the entire route and be back around 4:30 ish. here are a few pictures I have taken along the ride route on other trips.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #1153
augiedog
augie dog

pictures

Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #1154
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
NEXT MEET-UP IS THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20th, 2012 AT HAWTHORNE'S ON 7th ST. AROUND 6 PM FOR MOST FOLKS BUT SHOW UP WHEN YOU CAN!
I try and quote this every few pages each month...for any newbies....

Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #1155
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Bday ride

Monday will be my bday and I shall ride since its gonna be 70somethin in December......I will be doin my usual plus some exploring if anyone wants to go.....or check something new new out if you want, up near you jmforpres?
BOIKE333 is offline   Reply With Quote