ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #1156
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Wish I could make it out on Monday, but I've gotta work. I may go explore some on Sunday afternoon if you are free... I have a riding buddy that lives nearby who just picked up a DR350 to play with
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #1157
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Monday will be my bday and I shall ride since its gonna be 70somethin in December......I will be doin my usual plus some exploring if anyone wants to go.....or check something new new out if you want, up near you jmforpres?
Happy birthday, Matt. Sadly, I'll be working.....and in New Jersey of all places....
Proud to have ridden all 50 US States. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #1158
noobinacan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
thinking about getting something soon to ride with you guys...
are Mario or Roberto here by any chance ?

Aman

noobinacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #1159
JMforPres
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Unfortunately I,m working Monday, such a pain. If it wasn't for the paycheck and benefits I wouldent bother with work.

Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Monday will be my bday and I shall ride since its gonna be 70somethin in December......I will be doin my usual plus some exploring if anyone wants to go.....or check something new new out if you want, up near you jmforpres?
77 R100RS
JMforPres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #1160
Whodares
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hey gang,

I'm a new advrider (got a Triumph Tiger 800 at the end of the summer) and would like to come join you! :)
Whodares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1161
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodares View Post
Hey gang,

I'm a new advrider (got a Triumph Tiger 800 at the end of the summer) and would like to come join you! :)
Welcome! Keep an eye out here for rides, and please join us at Hawthornes on the 20th if you can...
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #1162
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

How was the ride today Matt? I snuck out for an hour on my lunch break and found some interesting areas around Rock Hill. Hope you got to take some serious advantage of this awesome weather we had! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Quote:
Hey gang,

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #1163
absoluteclint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
New rider in the area

Hey folks... Wanted to stop in here and introduce myself. I live in Kings Mountain and just acquired an '02 XR650L. I've mostly been hanging out on the "XRL Owner's Sign In" page as I'm getting adjusted to my new ride. Wouldn't mind jumping in on some of the local rides you're doing when my schedule allows it... Right now I work Mon-Fri and am in a pretty rigorous night/weekend college program that concludes next May. I do have some time over the holidays for a ride (between semesters) and will try to make it to the Hawthorne's get-together on the 20th.

Here's some pics of a recent mud bath me and the XRL took near the Lithium Plant in the Bessemer City/Kings Mountain area. These are great trails that run along (and under) I-85... Although I can't officially recommend riding them because they're technically "No Trespassing" and I had heard the law really cracked down on these trails a couple years back. Scroll about halfway down the thread for my post with pics: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...4834&page=3266

Also... I met Augie Dog (not knowing his ADVrider connection) the other night at one of Kings Mountain's finest watering holes... The Bear's Den. Great guy with alot of riding experience who encouraged me to get on here and connect with everyone.

Later on... Clint
absoluteclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #1164
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Clint! Good to see you over in this thread

and that mud looked NASTY! That must have been a real surprise haha! Hope you can make it on the 20th! I'll let you know next time we plan a little ride. I can usually only get out on the weekends and this time of year even that can be tough.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #1165
BluRidgeRider
Long Rider

Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Hey gang,

Welcome! Hope that you will be able to join us on the 20th. Which model Tiger do you have -- 800 or 800XC?

Numa
BluRidgeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #1166
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteclint View Post
Hey folks... Wanted to stop in here and introduce myself. I live in Kings Mountain and just acquired an '02 XR650L. I've mostly been hanging out on the "XRL Owner's Sign In" page as I'm getting adjusted to my new ride. Wouldn't mind jumping in on some of the local rides you're doing when my schedule allows it... Right now I work Mon-Fri and am in a pretty rigorous night/weekend college program that concludes next May. I do have some time over the holidays for a ride (between semesters) and will try to make it to the Hawthorne's get-together on the 20th.

Here's some pics of a recent mud bath me and the XRL took near the Lithium Plant in the Bessemer City/Kings Mountain area. These are great trails that run along (and under) I-85... Although I can't officially recommend riding them because they're technically "No Trespassing" and I had heard the law really cracked down on these trails a couple years back. Scroll about halfway down the thread for my post with pics: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...4834&page=3266

Also... I met Augie Dog (not knowing his ADVrider connection) the other night at one of Kings Mountain's finest watering holes... The Bear's Den. Great guy with alot of riding experience who encouraged me to get on here and connect with everyone.

Later on... Clint

Nice....I buried my old DR like that a few years ago, fun.

Anything look familiar. linky
Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #1167
augiedog
augie dog

Oddometer: 737
dec 15th ride

most of the hawthorne pizza crowd are going on a street ride saturday. we are meeting on rt 49 in lake wylie sc at a small gas store near the buster boyd bridge at 10:00. we will be basically doing a west, and northern loop crisscrossing back and forth from nc to sc. the route will have a lot of country roads with a lot of turns and tight switchbacks.anyone intrested on riding is welcome to join us. we will probally stop for lunch around 2:00 and began working our way back from there. I will be leading the ride and can answer any questions you have. just post them and i will try to answer your questions. you can do the ride on a big dualsport . I plan to stop often if needed. this what I will be riding.
augiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #1168
Mongle
Knuckle dragger

Oddometer: 2,632
BOIKE333- Happy Birthday man! Get any good shit?

I might make the ride on the 15th. If I can get some work done in the next two weeks.

Can someone give me a little better idea where the gas station is to meet? I have never been down there. I will be coming off 485 onto 49. Do I cross the river?
Mongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #1169
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongle View Post
BOIKE333- Happy Birthday man! Get any good shit?

I might make the ride on the 15th. If I can get some work done in the next two weeks.

Can someone give me a little better idea where the gas station is to meet? I have never been down there. I will be coming off 485 onto 49. Do I cross the river?
When you get off 485 at 49 (S. Tryon), stay on 49 southbound until you cross Lake Wylie into South Carolina (maybe 7 or 8 miles from 485). As soon as you cross the bridge, there's two gas stations on the right. We'll meet at the little one. It's less than 150 yards from the bridge.

Another option is that I'm going to be at the Starbucks on S. Tryon about a quarter or half mile south of 485. I'll be there from 9:30 to 9:45 that morning and then will ride down to the gas station in time for the 10 am meet up.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #1170
absoluteclint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post

Anything look familiar. linky
That's the place! Really good riding... Hadn't been on the trails in a few years... Not since hearing stories about people getting flats after riding over trail-spikes that had been set out by hunters and confiscated ATV's after running into cops cruising on 4wheelers! Never witnessed any of this... Only heard stories... Enough to make me look elsewhere for somewhere to ride.
absoluteclint is offline   Reply With Quote