ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #3976
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,060
I concur!!
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #3977
Luke
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
I just noticed this part, and yes tours are good.

Of course, wussies like me like drier weather.
No problem. The last couple of months have been wet and miserable. You wouldn't have had any fun at all if you'd come out.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #3978
Luke
GPoET&P

Quote:
We do have that, but I was referring to the old trails recuperating.

I think that with the ST240 running around, all the Brown's Camp trails are going to keep their clean almost-paved look. All the other trails that're on the published trail map get pretty hammered. Most of the trails that aren't on the published map are in great shape.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #3979
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I think that with the ST240 running around, all the Brown's Camp trails are going to keep their clean almost-paved look. All the other trails that're on the published trail map get pretty hammered. Most of the trails that aren't on the published map are in great shape.
Yeah, I'm not too concerned that we would lose the trails themselves, except for the few I have seen graded into roads. And, I am watching even some of those getting grown back over.

But, once I have gotten used to a trail twisting through the woods, I like it to stay that way. Of course, I know it will not stay that way, which is why I say to ride it now, while you can. If you wait until later, you will probably still be able to ride what is there, but it will be something different. The new version might even become a favorite, but it won't be the old one.

I guess it is just the geezer in me- I have spent a long time watching that forest grow up from a burned-out wasteland. I don't like seeing it cut back down.

Of course, we need the trees, and it will all grow back again, but I'm running out of time to watch.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #3980
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Ah, you listened to my rambling! Thanks for the encouragement Ladybug (and others).

Will need to try to do one from the Jamboree and other events throughout the year.

You'll make lots of useless Ladybug points if you do a vid of the Jamboree.

Quote:
And, just to show you can find anything on the interwebs, true or not: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/quadded
I spelled quadded wrong now I know the correct spelling.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #3981
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Quote:

My advice: Ride your favorite trails soon, and ride them often. Tomorrow they will likely be entirely different, or be gone altogether.

I have lost track of the number of good trails that have been washed out, bulldozed into roads, or clear-cut into a scene unrecognizable.

The Burn is (as is indicated by its name) constantly evolving, and you have to enjoy it a day at a time, because whatever you think of it now, it will soon be a different place.

I am always sad to see a good trail change for the worse, but I have also seen some make their way back. Too bad they don't come back as fast as they go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
From what I saw this last year, we gained more than we lost. The new trails just aren't anywhere near Brown's Camp.

Would you like a tour?

The better trails have always been away from Browns, I usually stage at Rodgers and Browns, then ride away from the area, the trails get better and there are fewer riders.

Nice vid Scott

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #3982
ckurowic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Commence attempted thread hijacking...

Lease signed! We will be in Portland 31 March

Old 03-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #3983
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 627
Anybody up for a Saturday ride? I'm gonna throw it out there! This is an OHV ride since I'll be on my unplayed KTM 200! Coleman's at 9:00, or Rodgers at 10:00! I can take you guys on a three hour cruise like Gilligan's Island, no Ginger or Mary Ann's though! Scott, Luke, anyone?

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!

pigpen screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 07:52 AM
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #3984
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
Anybody up for a Saturday ride? I'm gonna throw it out there! Coleman's at 9:00, or Rodgers at 10:00! I can take you guys on a three hour cruise like Gilligan's Island, no Ginger or Mary Ann's though! Scott, Luke, anyone?

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the hill. Let me know how it is up there will ya?
I think we're loading the KDX and XR up Wednesday and going to Browns or Nestucca for a couple of days.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #3985
pigpen
Gone Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the hill. Let me know how it is up there will ya?
I think we're loading the KDX and XR up Wednesday and going to Browns or Nestucca for a couple of days.
Keep me posted! I have off next Sat and Sunday and wanted to come out to the dry side to ride Millican Plateau or East Fort Rock! I need to ride my new 06 KTM 200 in the ohv areas and camp.... Maybe you should stay on the dry side next weekend!
Next thurs I might be up for a ride over here at Brown's or Nestucca if you make it over, plans friday though!
Keep me posted!

Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #3986
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,250
Quote:
Keep me posted! I have off next Sat and Sunday and wanted to come out to the dry side to ride Millican Plateau or East Fort Rock! I need to ride my new 06 KTM 200 in the ohv areas and camp.... Maybe you should stay on the dry side next weekend!
Next thurs I might be up for a ride over here at Brown's or Nestucca if you make it over, plans friday though!
Keep me posted!
We both have to work next weekend so will be back in Bend. I have a short day Saturday and Sunday off.
PM me your #, I'll let you know where we're at Thursday. EFR is good right now.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #3987
Luke
GPoET&P

Quote:
Anybody up for a Saturday ride? I'm gonna throw it out there! This is an OHV ride since I'll be on my unplayed KTM 200! Coleman's at 9:00, or Rodgers at 10:00! I can take you guys on a three hour cruise like Gilligan's Island, no Ginger or Mary Ann's though! Scott, Luke, anyone?
LC Garage and I are meeting at Colemans at 9, then going to Jordan Creek. Probably get there at 10:30. It's a D100 warmup ride so mostly jeep trails, not so much singletrack. Open invite.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #3988
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Keep me posted!
You not going to Crooked camp at the end of the month?
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #3989
pigpen
Gone Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
You not going to Crooked camp at the end of the month?
Hell yes I'll be there for Spring Brake, I'll be on my XR though, might trailer the ktm 200 over to play in the OHV areas if the weather is too shitty to road ride!
Not missing this one! You gonna be there?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #3990
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,720
Quote:
Sure, I'll meet ya at Colemans at 9ish for a ride. Probably be done once the rain shows though, so may not be a LONG day.

Just show me the work-arounds to meet you on the other side of any Black Diamond Trails .

Luke are the jeep trails you thinking of require a plate?

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote