User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 352 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #1846
sh0rtlife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
lol reminds me of my water can i made for my nitro rc...a spray paint can with the top cut off and some holes drilled in it...worked great in the mud
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #1847
pennswoodsed
lizards,bugs and me

Oddometer: 705
oil cooler details

Also made my own oil cooler from a hunk of Aluminium that once served as a tailgate protector.

Then took a hunk of steel from a GM Bumper support and made some aux. light supports.

And the finished project's...

Then I tried to put bigger/hotter plugs in but could not get the thread 's started...maybe Helicoils.

[/QUOTE]

hi,
really interested in oil cooler build if you could ,I tried to not quote pics but don't know how
pennswoodsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #1848
sh0rtlife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 796
i had to make this in a HURRY.headed north for the weekend and realised i need a way of carying weather proof gear or sheading said gear and putting it somewhere

i did it old school...no need to measure just duplicate sizes, square it all up but built to suit..something that more often than not a tape measure gets in the way and slows you down..its all squared up as it should be

im wishing i had some black paint but i dont have the time.... but its a quick 4 bolts on/off so i can ditch it on a moments notice..as i HATE the look of luggage on my bikes

sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #1849
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
I built this completely by hand from the ground up...

The mil is a hybred, with a top end from a Twin Cam 96, and the lower end is from an EVO...making it 100.3ci...

it's running a 5 speed trans with a 'rocker' foot clutch, and a cop style ratchet frame shifter.........FUN!!!

the frame, tank, fenders, chicken-stick w/ carrying rack, and the complete exhaust system, not to mention all the weird little stuff...I made 'em all!

(oh, and my wife very fittingly name it Frankenstein!!)

oh yeah...I painted it too!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #1850
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
Well, it's not nearly as cool as the stuff posted, and not nearly as masculine, but I taught myself how to make sock monkeys a few months ago.

I make them and give them away to children of people I know...I have had several co-workers and family get pregnant recently and have requested a monkey for the kid.

I know I know...man card revoked, but it's fun. I have made like 30 of them now.
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #1851
ADK
it's casual

Oddometer: 8,172

ride more
sew less
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #1852
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
Well, it's not nearly as cool as the stuff posted, and not nearly as masculine, but I taught myself how to make sock monkeys a few months ago.

I make them and give them away to children of people I know...I have had several co-workers and family get pregnant recently and have requested a monkey for the kid.

I know I know...man card revoked, but it's fun. I have made like 30 of them now.
Hey, that's cool. Don't be ashamed of making people happy.

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #1853
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,357
Quote:
sock monkeys
I know I know...
Nothing wrong with sewing, or making stuff for little kids, but you might want to check out this website. Have been getting interested in sewing myself recently. Just got a walking-foot machine and am looking forward to making riding gear and, you know, more... useful stuff.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #1854
Toadady
Push'n parts

Oddometer: 3,833
Quote:

man card NOT revoked, you make little children smile.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #1855
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
Hey Ed...have you seen this???...

http://youtu.be/oRotWuJNIQA

it's an awesome documentary.

You kin watch it for free on NetFlix, and several other online movie services

Love the monkeys!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #1856
ehatcher
Hello? Is this thing on?

Oddometer: 2,354
I knew an old timer who loved to crochet, knit and do needle point. He was a former special forces guy who learned while we was hospitalized (13 months!) after catching a few rounds in the chest and neck. All his grand kids had blankets and wall hangings he made.

Oh, and sock monkeys are seriously cool toys

Eric

Quote:

"Mostly the animals understand their roles, but man, by comparison, seems troubled by a message that he cannot quite remember or has gotten wrong. Bereft of instinct, he must search continually for meanings." Loren Eiseley

ehatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1857
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
John Spartan learned to knit & crochet while in cryogenic suspended animation...

Actually, if I happened upon an old heavy duty sewing machine (something made to handle upholstery, canvas, leather or sail cloth) for a half decent price I'd snag it.

There're are all kinds of things you can repair, replicate or build from scratch: holsters, tarps, tents, bike covers (or ATV, boat, BBQ, etc), soft gun cases, harnesses, slings, upholster outdoor furniture or bike seats, etc...
Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #1858
Curtis in Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
I had an Industrial Upholstry Sewing Machine Years ago. The Ex Wife wanted to mess with me during the divorce and got the Judge to give her the ownership of my Sewing Machine because he was convinced that Real Men donl't sew.
I made custom seats and interior panels for my Vans and hot rods with it. My Mother taught me how to sew. She said I should know how to take care of myself and not rely on a woman to do everything for me.
Mom made sure all her Boys would be well rounded. Dad taught us mechanics, flying, guns and the love for motorcycles and Mom taught us to cook, sew, table manners and how to clean corrrectly.
I had some COOL Parents.

You know the reason I got married don't you?
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" -Burt Munro

Curtis in Texas screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 08:51 AM
Curtis in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #1859
Hardware02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas View Post
...My Mother taught me how to sew. She said I should know how to take care of myself and not rely on a woman to do everything for me.
Mom made sure all her Boys would be well rounded. Dad taught us mechanics, flying, guns and the love for motorcycles and Mom taught us to cook, sew, table manners and how to clean corrrectly.
I had some COOL Parents...
You did, Sir! You did...
Hardware02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #1860
tgeliot
Topher

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas View Post
Dad taught us mechanics, flying, guns and the love for motorcycles and Mom taught us to cook, sew, table manners and how to clean corrrectly.

And between the two of them, you can now clean a gun correctly?
1) Coroner's report is to read "Death by misadventure."
2) Dixieland jazz band at my funeral.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: