Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 192 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #3181
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas View Post
Looks like a motorcycle for Dwafs to me. No Legs, short torso and all arms.

Must have been a bitch to ride with your nknees in you face all the time. And one question. Did that thing have any rear suspension at all?

Art sometimes doesn't reflect reality!
Don't think iit was built with the intention of being ridable. More art less function. With that said, I'd say it's beautiful but a torture rack to ride. I can certainly appreciate the amount of time and skill it takes to build something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
this is one of the bikes that i built as a show piece to generate business...
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #3182
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Looks like a motorcycle for Dwafs to me. No Legs, short torso and all arms.

Must have been a bitch to ride with your nknees in you face all the time. And one question. Did that thing have any rear suspension at all?

Art sometimes doesn't reflect reality!

This isn't the "Show us something practical you made" thread or the "Show us something you would want to ride cross-country" thread. It is a thread to share the fruits of our ingenuity, resourcefulness, talents and craftsmanship. No need to comment negatively on something that obviously took an obscene amount of man-hours and was pulled off beautifully. I'm sure practicality was as low on the list as most other artist's works of art. I'm not a fan of those types of bikes, but I sure can appreciate the effort involved.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #3183
GuyRocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130

What a beautiful work of art!
GuyRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #3184
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan44 View Post
This thing looks so uncomfortable to ride. No idea why anyone would waste their time building such an impractical thing.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #3185
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,056
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #3186
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
This thing looks so uncomfortable to ride. No idea why anyone would waste their time building such an impractical thing.
Where's the gas tank anyway?!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #3187
Curtis in Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Don't think iit was built with the intention of being ridable. More art less function. With that said, I'd say it's beautiful but a torture rack to ride. I can certainly appreciate the amount of time and skill it takes to build something like that.

Oh I get that! That's why I said, "Art sometimes doesn't reflect reality!"

And I didn't say I didn't like it for an art piece!
Just commented on how hard it is to even fathom someone trying to ride it!

I imagine the fuel tank is represented in the little flat thing under the backbone with the fuel tap in it. So it looks like it could be started.

As an Advertising Piece to drum up business I think it's brilliant!

I build stuff out of tubing too. My first bicycle when I was 14 looked like that bike. But that was back in 1965. My Dad thought I'd lost my mind.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" -Burt Munro
Curtis in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #3188
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Looks like a motorcycle for Dwafs to me.
you did look at the photo of me next to the front wheel, take ten seconds and go and do the same...if you don't have the time then i'll tell you that i'm a 6'1" 235lb dwarf and that wheel is 34 1/4" tall to put the bike in persrective

rtwpaul screwed with this post 05-03-2013 at 12:36 PM
rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #3189
rtwpaul
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR4EVER View Post

This isn't the "Show us something practical you made" thread or the "Show us something you would want to ride cross-country" thread. It is a thread to share the fruits of our ingenuity, resourcefulness, talents and craftsmanship. No need to comment negatively on something that obviously took an obscene amount of man-hours and was pulled off beautifully. I'm sure practicality was as low on the list as most other artist's works of art. I'm not a fan of those types of bikes, but I sure can appreciate the effort involved.
about 8000 man hours....

it is a 93" knucklehead with the knuckles removed and open rockers and adjusters so you can see everything move when it runs, the motor is rotated backwards so the rear cylinder sits about 3 degrees off of vertical, it was done to throw people eyes off and question what the motor was...

virtually every single piece of the bike was made from scratch or modified heavily, it WAS built as a work of art and NOT intended to ride, i was building about 100 bikes a year out of my shop for that....just thought i'd share as there is such a unique collection of riders on this forum some may want to see it....OK back to your normally scheduled program

Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #3190
AK Oldman
WANDRN

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
thought i'd share this one with you guys, not sure if its a little much for this thread...when i had my shop a few years back this is one of the bikes that i built as a show piece to generate business...

i have it documented in a book along with over 100 other bikes my shop put out if anyone is interested, here's a LINK
I just went through the preview of the book. You turned out some beautiful work. What happened to the shop?
AK Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #3191
rtwpaul
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Oldman View Post
I just went through the preview of the book. You turned out some beautiful work. What happened to the shop?
short version...sold it in 2007, got screwed on the sale, had a motorcycle accident right as the sale was going thru, the buyer decided to, not come thru with all the money and instead steal my identity, bikes, parts, money etc, etc, after all the legal BS it cost me about a million, and i was left with no business, no wife, no house, no money...i had a stroke and went blind for a short while from stress because of it, when i got my sight back i decided to go for a ride and meet other types of riders, click on my ride report below, its all explained in there...like i say this is the short version
Old 05-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #3192
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,715
Quote:
short version...sold it in 2007, got screwed on the sale, had a motorcycle accident right as the sale was going thru, the buyer decided to, not come thru with all the money and instead steal my identity, bikes, parts, money etc, etc, after all the legal BS it cost me about a million, and i was left with no business, no wife, no house, no money...i had a stroke and went blind for a short while from stress because of it, when i got my sight back i decided to go for a ride and meet other types of riders, click on my ride report below, its all explained in there...like i say this is the short version
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #3193
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 13,773
All I have to say Paul is that thing is amazingly cool looking and unique.

Very nice work. Very nice.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #3194
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
CBGs or whatever.

I can't compete with this creativity, but here' my effort - the cookie tin banjo

It was fun, and is nice and quiet - like a banjo should be
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #3195
gugnheim
On the DL...

Oddometer: 164
Some Shaker boxes my wife uses. Made these getting familiar with steam bending. Cherry with copper nails.
gugnheim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: