ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 261 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #1411
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring
 
Treadless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Santa Barbara Ca
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Skies View Post
You seem to bring that out in people.



__________________

Treadless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #1412
GS Addict
Pepperfool
 
GS Addict's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Sunshine Coast B.C.
Oddometer: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Skies View Post
You seem to bring that out in people.

PS Some reading for ya...
__________________
Old enough to know better....
Young enough to try it again
GS Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #1413
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLife View Post
I have a bunch of these too. left overs from multi-gas meter calibrations. Great idea. It may be time for me to re-purpose what I got.

Hmm where can a guy get his hands on a few of these for a cheap price? Looks like it would be useful for a project or two I have in mind. I looked at a few bottles that were being sold as alcohol containers but the material was a bit too light weight for what I had in mind.
__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #1414
EvoLife
Evolving.....Slowly
 
EvoLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: The Great North Wood (of Jersey)
Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason F. View Post
Hmm where can a guy get his hands on a few of these for a cheap price? Looks like it would be useful for a project or two I have in mind. I looked at a few bottles that were being sold as alcohol containers but the material was a bit too light weight for what I had in mind.
Look up JA King and Company. They are a metrology lab in your region and even have an on-site lab within the Nissan Plant in Smyrna. They have a lot of different locations with different scopes, but they are ISO 17025 and do gas flow in at least one of their labs. I'm not sure if they do samplers or detectors with gas specific calibrations or not. If they do they are sure to have empties like this.
__________________
"If what you are doing isn't working, don't try harder, try different."

"Today I'm younger than I'm ever going to be, and I intend to act like it"
EvoLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #1415
Jason F.
Will Ride for Beer...
 
Jason F.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Smyrna, TN
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLife View Post
Look up JA King and Company. They are a metrology lab in your region and even have an on-site lab within the Nissan Plant in Smyrna. They have a lot of different locations with different scopes, but they are ISO 17025 and do gas flow in at least one of their labs. I'm not sure if they do samplers or detectors with gas specific calibrations or not. If they do they are sure to have empties like this.
Ahh great info, thanks. I have done some business with JA King before and did not think of them. They quoted some on-site calibration services for our optical comparators a year or two ago.
__________________
"I've come to realize that just about everything is none of my business." Br. Cassian Vigna
Jason F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1416
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Skies View Post
You seem to bring that out in people.

PS Some reading for ya...
Thanks, but was that really necessary? All you had to say was that in your 30 years experience it was not unsafe.

But hey, want to be an , be my guest.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #1417
Desert Skies
One brick shy...
 
Desert Skies's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Thanks, but was that really necessary? All you had to say was that in your 30 years experience it was not unsafe.

But hey, want to be an , be my guest.

Jim
Well ya see, it's like this... When I type a reply, I don't sit back and study content to see if it would meet with your approval. In all my years on this board, seems like you can't post positive comments on a thread unless the previous poster has blown some hot air up your ass about what a magnificent addition you are to the riding community or the world in general. That's why I said what I did and why I stick to it, hence the line in sig.

So mister JVB, here is something else I made today and I made it just for you.




.
__________________
“Sorry I'm late, feck'n off takes a lot of time.”
" The 'Wing is my wife's bike - I'm just the feck'n driver." - USMCG_Spyder
" This post is full of VonBadenisms." - Gordy
Tripn' with Tom Some pictures ZZ Rider - Tom Lowry Texas Blue - Tom Lowry


Desert Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #1418
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Skies View Post
Well ya see, it's like this... When I type a reply, I don't sit back and study content to see if it would meet with your approval. In all my years on this board, seems like you can't post positive comments on a thread unless the previous poster has blown some hot air up your ass about what a magnificent addition you are to the riding community or the world in general. That's why I said what I did and why I stick to it, hence the line in sig.

So mister JVB, here is something else I made today and I made it just for you.




.
Wow, thanks for putting me in my place. I really appreciate it! You are the man!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #1419
Desert Skies
One brick shy...
 
Desert Skies's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Tejas
Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousot View Post
nice tank have you filled it how much does it hold
Thanks, computes out to 2L.
__________________
“Sorry I'm late, feck'n off takes a lot of time.”
" The 'Wing is my wife's bike - I'm just the feck'n driver." - USMCG_Spyder
" This post is full of VonBadenisms." - Gordy
Tripn' with Tom Some pictures ZZ Rider - Tom Lowry Texas Blue - Tom Lowry


Desert Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #1420
Scooterholic
Studly Adventurer
 
Scooterholic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nampa Idaho
Oddometer: 571
I was board at work last week, so I made this out of a old seam-breaker.

__________________
Go that way really fast if something gets in your way turn.

2001 Suzuki Katana 600
1992 Kawasaki ZX7 ( in bike coma )
2007 Honda Reflex
Scooterholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #1421
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterholic View Post
I was board at work last week, so I made this out of a old seam-breaker.

What's a seam breaker?



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #1422
GS Addict
Pepperfool
 
GS Addict's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Sunshine Coast B.C.
Oddometer: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Wow, thanks for putting me in my place. I really appreciate it! You are the man!

Jim
It ain't as if it wasn't coming.
__________________
Old enough to know better....
Young enough to try it again
GS Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #1423
Scooterholic
Studly Adventurer
 
Scooterholic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nampa Idaho
Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
What's a seam breaker?



M
It's a chisel used to bust spot welds apart.
http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...-EDGED-CHISEL/
__________________
Go that way really fast if something gets in your way turn.

2001 Suzuki Katana 600
1992 Kawasaki ZX7 ( in bike coma )
2007 Honda Reflex
Scooterholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #1424
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
It ain't as if it wasn't coming.
And thank you for your support as well!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #1425
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterholic View Post
It's a chisel used to bust spot welds apart.
http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...-EDGED-CHISEL/
Thanks

Learn something new every day around here!

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014