ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #91
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,522
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/1472512720.html

65hp at the crank, thats the same as the soon to be released 690 Duke R. Truly impressive for a 1996
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #92
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/1472512720.html

65hp at the crank, thats the same as the soon to be released 690 Duke R. Truly impressive for a 1996

his price keeps coming down too. that adds been up for a long time.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #93
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX
Hey Road Rash.... Killer deal on a near-new XT225

$1500
-----
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/1470598906.html

2004 Yamaha XT225SC
The miles are very low for a bike this age. Only 1600 miles. Runs great. This is a sacrifice.
Overall length is 2100 mm (82.7in) Overall width is 805 mm (31.7in) and overall height is 1160 mm (45.7).
Weight with oil and fuel is 121.0 kg (267 lb)Engine type is air cooled 4-stroke,SOHC
Fuel tank capacity 8.8 L (2.32 gal) fuel reserve amount 2.0 L (0.53 US gal)Maxium load 183.0 kg (404 lb)
$1500.00 OBO.
-------------
Stephanie paid more than that for her 1998!!! I guess that's the cost of buying when it is still warm out...
Made an offer and I'm off to look at that thing with cash in hand in the morning-people are practically giving bikes away these days...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #94
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee
Made an offer and I'm off to look at that thing with cash in hand in the morning-people are practically giving bikes away these days...
If I had the cash, I would have bought it and sat on it. In 6 months, you would sell that bike for $2k the same day you listed it for sale.
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #95
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,522
Quote:
If I had the cash, I would have bought it and sat on it. In 6 months, you would sell that bike for $2k the same day you listed it for sale.
Maybe. Buying things to resell isn't worth the effort IMO. You need to title it which is $$$. Your risk tolerance may dictate that you insure it as it won't be covered under your homeowners. It's sitting in your garage and it's not selling (because selling bikes isn't an exact science) and pretty soon it's become an albatross. To each his own I guess.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #96
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
Maybe. Buying things to resell isn't worth the effort IMO. You need to title it which is $$$. Your risk tolerance may dictate that you insure it as it won't be covered under your homeowners. It's sitting in your garage and it's not selling (because selling bikes isn't an exact science) and pretty soon it's become an albatross. To each his own I guess.
Back in the spring of '07 I would buy fire sale bikes and flip them the next week for $1,000 profit. Would advertise early on a Saturday and have it gone by noon. Didn't license in my name. As long as you have title another bill of sale be just fine. Those days are long gone.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #97
linkweewee
tantum quantum

I don't think I can go wrong in buying that XT for $1400.00-I want to ride it for at least a year and even if I sell it for a little less than I paid for it who cares-cannot imagine that bike will be worth much less than $1400.00 to someone in a year...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #98
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup
Didn't license in my name. As long as you have title another bill of sale be just fine. Those days are long gone.
You can still do that. If you aren't using whatever it is, there's no need to title it in your name in OR, unless you are worried about it getting stolen. Just don't have the first seller date the title, and there are no extra fees for you or the next owner.

You can even sign and date the title if you want, and give it to the next owner with a bill of sale from you. Totally legit. My Toyota was handled that way, DMV had no problems with it.

I'm not saying it is the safest way to go about things if you are worried about something getting stolen. Beginner models\starter bikes are always easy to sell. I've been flipping bikes for about 5 years, and I've never had a small displacement bike I wasn't able to sell within 4 days.

WB-PDX screwed with this post 11-19-2009 at 07:59 PM
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #99
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,988
Quote:
I don't think I can go wrong in buying that XT for $1400.00-I want to ride it for at least a year and even if I sell it for a little less than I paid for it who cares-cannot imagine that bike will be worth much less than $1400.00 to someone in a year...
so,, yer actually gonna get off the paved surface?

Yay!

ride in the rain, ride in the rain,,GO for it!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #100
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer: 10,523
Find of the day

http://medford.craigslist.org/tls/1473467762.html
Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #101
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Wish this was closer to me

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/fuo/1472258307.html
Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #102
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibby
you don't honestly think tthat deal lasted more than an hour before somebody grabbed it do you?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #103
wibby
BrotherFromAnotherMother

Quote:
you don't honestly think tthat deal lasted more than an hour before somebody grabbed it do you?
Who would want pegboard??

besides me?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #104
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,673
Quote:
ah - well... saved from myself again. 'splain's why I never got an answer back about coming down there in the afternoon
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #105
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
You can still do that. If you aren't using whatever it is, there's no need to title it in your name in OR, unless you are worried about it getting stolen. Just don't have the first seller date the title, and there are no extra fees for you or the next owner.

You can even sign and date the title if you want, and give it to the next owner with a bill of sale from you. Totally legit. My Toyota was handled that way, DMV had no problems with it.

I'm not saying it is the safest way to go about things if you are worried about something getting stolen. Beginner models\starter bikes are always easy to sell. I've been flipping bikes for about 5 years, and I've never had a small displacement bike I wasn't able to sell within 4 days.
True 'dat. Wuz just saying that flipping bikes is much harder now with the economy - less available buyers. Poorly worded at best.

That XT is a good buy. Hard to say it would depreciate much. Dual sport bikes are always in demand.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote