ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #9001
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer
 
sloburban's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Glen Mills Pa.
Oddometer: 1,413
Hmm sounds fun.
I'll have to see if I can get out all day.
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #9002
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer
 
sloburban's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Glen Mills Pa.
Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by RontigerXC View Post
I will be leaving the Lancaster area heading over to Carlisle for Bike Fest if you wanted to join..we are staying at the Old Mill Stream campground which is right behindDutch Wonderland
Oh yeah, what time are you leaving?
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #9003
tom c
Scratch & Dent
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 2,654
Happy Friday!

__________________
2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE , 2009 KLR650
"Scott P gave me crabs and I didn'
t even win a bet." - H14
Where's Tom?
tom c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #9004
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer
 
sloburban's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Glen Mills Pa.
Oddometer: 1,413
Never heard of that before until I saw a post from Jaxobsessed.

Who was the first guy to say "Hey, let's try tomato juice and beer"

I must try it some day.

Off to my local Mexican dive for some Carnitas and margaritas.
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #9005
tom c
Scratch & Dent
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloburban View Post
Never heard of that before until I saw a post from Jaxobsessed.

Who was the first guy to say "Hey, let's try tomato juice and beer"

I must try it some day.

Off to my local Mexican dive for some Carnitas and margaritas.
....Not Tomato! "CLAMATO"
__________________
2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE , 2009 KLR650
"Scott P gave me crabs and I didn'
t even win a bet." - H14
Where's Tom?
tom c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #9006
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer
 
sloburban's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Glen Mills Pa.
Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c View Post
....Not Tomato! "CLAMATO"
Well I just googled it......clam broth?

My interest is peaked!
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #9007
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 10,837
His fault....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloburban View Post
Never heard of that before until I saw a post from Jaxobsessed.

Who was the first guy to say "Hey, let's try tomato juice and beer"

I must try it some day.

Off to my local Mexican dive for some Carnitas and margaritas.


My Father is responsible for this group of beer additivers....
Essentially.

When i was a kid, I saw my Dad put salt in his beer.
When I was a kid but legal to drink, we were sitting at a bar having some brews and he ordered a tomato juice.... then put it in his beer.
I put salt in my beer many times throughout my adult life.
A friend made me several Clamato bloody marys and I was a convert from tomato juice in my alkeyhol.
now jump fwd to 2009...
I'm in a little beer store in Packwood WA and I see BudLite w Clamato on the shelf. I drooled a little then bought some decent beer and some clamato.
sorry for the long story.
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #9008
chasing.the.horizon
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington, DE
Oddometer: 31
Aww I love the link of our Chincoteague ride!
chasing.the.horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #9009
T
Yippee Ki Yay
 
T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: DE
Oddometer: 5,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post


My Father is responsible for this group of beer additivers....
Essentially.

When i was a kid, I saw my Dad put salt in his beer.
When I was a kid but legal to drink, we were sitting at a bar having some brews and he ordered a tomato juice.... then put it in his beer.
I put salt in my beer many times throughout my adult life.
A friend made me several Clamato bloody marys and I was a convert from tomato juice in my alkeyhol.
now jump fwd to 2009...
I'm in a little beer store in Packwood WA and I see BudLite w Clamato on the shelf. I drooled a little then bought some decent beer and some clamato.
sorry for the long story.
Nice story Jack.

Fathers and sons can do a lot of things together; but when they can drink together (with out kicking the snot out of one another ) well, that's pretty cool.
__________________
Inconsequential Adventurer
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #9010
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by T View Post
Nice story Jack.

Fathers and sons can do a lot of things together; but when they can drink together (with out kicking the snot out of one another ) well, that's pretty cool.
One of the reasons for me being the luckiest human. Drank many a beer with my Dad. He let me in. Just wish he was still around. I lost him when I was 31.
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #9011
T
Yippee Ki Yay
 
T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: DE
Oddometer: 5,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
One of the reasons for me being the luckiest human. Drank many a beer with my Dad. He let me in. Just wish he was still around. I lost him when I was 31.
Sorry your dad isn't still around, but glad you have good memories.

I see my pop pretty regularly and it's funny how the relationship improves over time. Grown' up and getting older I guess...
__________________
Inconsequential Adventurer
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #9012
sloburban
Beastly Adventurer
 
sloburban's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Glen Mills Pa.
Oddometer: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post


My Father is responsible for this group of beer additivers....
Essentially.

When i was a kid, I saw my Dad put salt in his beer.
When I was a kid but legal to drink, we were sitting at a bar having some brews and he ordered a tomato juice.... then put it in his beer.
I put salt in my beer many times throughout my adult life.
A friend made me several Clamato bloody marys and I was a convert from tomato juice in my alkeyhol.
now jump fwd to 2009...
I'm in a little beer store in Packwood WA and I see BudLite w Clamato on the shelf. I drooled a little then bought some decent beer and some clamato.
sorry for the long story.
Humbled...
sloburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #9013
tom c
Scratch & Dent
 
tom c's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: DDB country (DE)
Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
One of the reasons for me being the luckiest human. Drank many a beer with my Dad. He let me in. Just wish he was still around. I lost him when I was 31.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T View Post
Sorry your dad isn't still around, but glad you have good memories.

I see my pop pretty regularly and it's funny how the relationship improves over time. Grown' up and getting older I guess...
I'm glad I am able to ride with my boy - and when we are done riding we can enjoy a few beers together as well!

Jack, you picture makes me miss my dad - also a Navy man. He was gone before we were able to many beers together. Next time we get together we will share a beer in memory of our dads.

__________________
2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE , 2009 KLR650
"Scott P gave me crabs and I didn'
t even win a bet." - H14
Where's Tom?
tom c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #9014
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 3,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
One of the reasons for me being the luckiest human. Drank many a beer with my Dad. He let me in. Just wish he was still around. I lost him when I was 31.
Yea I hear ya,i never got to drink a beer with my dad....I lost him when I was 19(fell down the steps and broke his neck.)
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #9015
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D
 
JaxObsessed's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: From Alabama to Newfoundland it's all Appalachian
Oddometer: 10,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c View Post
I'm glad I am able to ride with my boy - and when we are done riding we can enjoy a few beers together as well!

Jack, you picture makes me miss my dad - also a Navy man. He was gone before we were able to many beers together. Next time we get together we will share a beer in memory of our dads.

Tom, the time you spend with your son now will give him a lifetime of memories.

AND Hell yes!! We'll toast our Fathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Yea I hear ya,i never got to drink a beer with my dad....I lost him when I was 19(fell down the steps and broke his neck.)
Ed, I fucking hate that for you.
Damn though your story really points out the importance of remembering to tell your loved ones that they are loved. You never know.....


T, It's great that you still have your Dad. As you said, time is the key. Once we get a little life under our belt we start to realize we are not so different from our Fathers and that tough love is really the most important love.


I have begun a short biographical story about my Father that I'll post when it's done. Just after BYOB I went To Chapel Hill NC to have lunch with a Sailor from WW2 who was cared for by my Father after the brutal landing at Anzio Italy. He is an American Treasure.

Meet Dr. H.G. Jones.
__________________
ADVers are out of control and that's their charm, they don't line up, they don't have standards they follow, each and every one does their own thing. They know how to ride free - BugSister.

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014