ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1366
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,333
Don't forget about a parrot (or maybe a hawk!) on your shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingtom View Post
I'll need a "tougher" look if I'm going to be the Captain....

Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #1367
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #1368
ocara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Pissed Damn Rodents

Hey there fellow Delawareans,

Nice day yesterday so I decided to take the bike out a short ride. Since I don't have a garage, I keep it in the shed to keep it away from the snow. When I went to put the battery back on, I noticed some small seed husks and I started to worry rodents had been in there. I then glanced at the little storage area under the seat and noticed a huge nest. A good bit of the plastic casing was chewed off of the light kit wires. The bike had only been parked there less than eight weeks.

Just wanted to give you a heads up to keep an eye out for these toothy bastards.

Happy Riding!
ocara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #1369
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocara View Post

Nice day yesterday so I decided to take the bike out a short ride. Since I don't have a garage, I keep it in the shed to keep it away from the snow. When I went to put the battery back on, I noticed some small seed husks and I started to worry rodents had been in there. I then glanced at the little storage area under the seat and noticed a huge nest. A good bit of the plastic casing was chewed off of the light kit wires. The bike had only been parked there less than eight weeks.

Just wanted to give you a heads up to keep an eye out for these toothy bastards.

Happy Riding!

Sorry to hear some lil visiters made ahoem in your scoot. You do know that if you do not stoe it they will not visit.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #1370
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
Come on now everybody knows that Tom and Jerry are the best team. Was Tom making vroom vroom sounds when this pic was taken?
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #1371
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocara View Post

Happy Riding!
Hey man good to hear something from ya. Sorry its not good news. Them lil critters can cause havoc. Already got me on the Nighthawk about ten years ago. I just wonder if they ever went riding with me cause my bikes don't sit longer than a couple days normally. A buddy of mine had rabbits chew up all his wiring insulation under his house. Exposed wiring everywhere under the house is not good.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1372
T
Yippee Ki Yay

Oddometer: 4,902
HA HA, it looks like you guys are really good at captioning pics. Well here's one for ya.

You're next Hack...

Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #1373
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

I came across Tom and Jerry riding there big bikes today. I think it was a bingo tournament
Old 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #1374
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Good one!

Quote:
HA HA, it looks like you guys are really good at captioning pics. Well here's one for ya.

You're next Hack...

Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #1375
moonlite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
my kind of woman

hope ya ain't seen this before, read the comments after ya watch it

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/...venture-rider/
Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #1376
moonlite
Adventurer

Quote:
I'll need a "tougher" look if I'm going to be the Captain....

better watch out for the secret service, they are gonna get ya for stealin' honest abe's beard
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #1377
moonlite
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhawk View Post
ok, i give up, what's DDB stand for? delaware deadbeats? i'm the new guy and i ain't real smart.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #1378
Beto
RustyGasket

Oddometer: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlite View Post
ok, i give up, what's DDB stand for? delaware deadbeats? i'm the new guy and i ain't real smart.
Hey y'all DDBs... that's a good one too....
Beto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #1379
Hack OP
Meet George Jetson

Delaware Douche Bags
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #1380
ocara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
Sorry to hear some lil visiters made ahoem in your scoot. You do know that if you do not stoe it they will not visit.
I am not proud about that... any effort to try to justify it would just be excuses. I did want to ask you guys about hand covers though. I can insulate my entire body pretty well except for my fingers. In this weather, after about 30 minutes (even while wearing my winter riding gloves) my fingers are frozen to the point i can't operate the clutch.

Quote:
Hey man good to hear something from ya. Sorry its not good news. Them lil critters can cause havoc. Already got me on the Nighthawk about ten years ago. I just wonder if they ever went riding with me cause my bikes don't sit longer than a couple days normally. A buddy of mine had rabbits chew up all his wiring insulation under his house. Exposed wiring everywhere under the house is not good.
I haven't been on the site much. I see you guys didn't skip a beat even throughout the winter.
If things go well, I am may finally have a set schedule sometime in the near future. If that happens, I am hoping to join the DDB's on some rides.

I thought it was bad when few years ago one decided to pull the windshield wiper hose from my car to use it as material to build a nest somewhere. Your buddy got me beat by miles.

Quote:
nice pup
ocara is offline   Reply With Quote