Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #136
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCanon
I don't know, it might be just the ticket... The key is to make her mad enough to throw me out of the house, but not so mad that she won't let me back in over the next day or two!
Its a very fine line and one that changes frequently:

Do it right and its perfect.

Step too far over the line and the next thing you know you're on the business end of a 7 iron. Just ask Tiger Woods...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #137
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,640
Dahveed, you been dodging 7 irons???? You sound like you are experienced there Nobody wants to piss my wife off, she is 6'2" and will kick all our arses
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #138
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
Dahveed, you been dodging 7 irons???? You sound like you are experienced there Nobody wants to piss my wife off, she is 6'2" and will kick all our arses
While I am divorced, my ex used a lawyer instead of a 7 iron. I'm sure the 7 iron has more instant gratification, but the lawyer hurts you more (in the wallet anyway).

No, I do not want to get on your wife's bad side. That's your job! I've already had my masculinity called into question on this forum with the whole turtle fur thing. The last thing I need is to be beaten up by your wife.

Of course, I've found that to get a women that mad at you, you really need to marry them first...

So is that what really happened to you ghost? You said something about a tree hitting you, but you never mentioned who was swinging it at you in the first place.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 12-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #139
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I looked at a similar product, but it wasn't insulated. I didn't go with it because I thought the install time and effort would be too great on my helmet for an item that you'll use at the start of the day, but remove later in the day as it warms up. My helmet came with a "wind defector" that installs in the front in this same space, and I had a hard time installing it.

However, I might get the uninsulated version for warm weather because I like the quiet. The difference is really noticeable on my helmet. On longer rides I have used the foam ear plugs, but I don't find them comfortable or easy to use.
I've now got both the deluxe & the cold weather version (recent purchase)& the only real difference between them is the extra rear flap on the cold version.I first started out with the cheaper basic version years ago but didn't like the scissor (criss-cross) closure of the flaps.The elastic got kinda stretched after a while.I've used the new cold type even in warmer weather on a trip to Southern NM-AZ in early Oct. You don't notice too much heat build up because of the air space created since it attaches to the helmet....which means that you don't necessarily have to take it off except on really warm days.That air space acts as insulation.There is also a zipper (on dlx & cold versions) in the chin that can let in some air if wanted.
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #140
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
While I am divorced, my ex used a lawyer instead of a 7 iron. I'm sure the 7 iron has more instant gratification, but the lawyer hurts you more (in the wallet anyway).

No, I do not want to get on your wife's bad side. That's your job! I've already had my masculinity called into question on this forum with the whole turtle fur thing. The last thing I need is to be beaten up by your wife.

Of course, I've found that to get a women that mad at you, you really need to marry them first...

So is that what really happened to you ghost? You said something about a tree hitting you, but you never mentioned who was swinging it at you in the first place.
She works at the prison so she is not afraid to throw down but that was not the case Saturday. She was at home. I have taken the brunt of the lawyers too. Been married a time or two. Got custody of my kids from first marriage. Each divorce got more expensive Would think I get a volume discount
Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #141
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

BTW...I found the mother of all bad ass county roads on CR 3125 and 3137 in Bosque County. I was not expectin to find it that bad but found myself committed on a badass hill and lots of water. The first low water crossing has clay on far side with water running down the ruts. Slicker than greased owl shit follow that with a long steep rutted hill climb with 12 inch ledges in the ruts. I was able to move my line of attack from the right rut to the center and only a 4-6 inch ledge. This was not a road where I could stop to take pics. Might take my Jeep or truck tomorrow and get pics On top was a long rutted section with water standing 4 - 12 inches deep but with fairly soft bottom and couple inches of silt I had bypassed the raod several times due to it looking boring from the tarmac on both ends...whata sleeper This will not be for the faint of heart. Mr2mch has been there and knows of what I speak
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #142
Aanarchy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
BTW...I found the mother of all bad ass county roads on CR 3125 and 3137 in Bosque County.
Off Hwy 6 north-west of Valley Mills?
Aanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #143
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Just southwest of Clifton, off of FM 2602 coming from Hwy 6. Turn left on CR 3125 and venture on hard pack dirt for 4-5 miles and then turn right on CR 3137. Starts off like any other county road then OMG!!! I was thinking I was in someones cowpasture I would have turned around if my GPS had not said I was on a road
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #144
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltec
Yes, sorry...southwest of Clifton would be Northwest of ValleyMills. Do you know the road?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #145
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Yes, sorry...southwest of Clifton would be Northwest of ValleyMills. Do you know the road?
I think ya'll are referring to the same road.You can get to it by turning at the 1st co rd on the left (at Neils Creek bridge) past the intersection of FM854 & Hwy6.I think that is CR3125 but not shure.Follow that up to intersection with 3137 which goes to left. take 3137 down into the low water crossing (generally muddy) then climb back up out of the trees & to the hill in reference !!!!!!!! O F S!!! proceed at your own discression!!! NOT V STROM TERRITORY FOR ME
The road intersects with 3135 near Lane's Chapel & you can take that in either direction (219 or 2602)

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #146
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
I think ya'll are referring to the same road.You can get to it by turning at the 1st co rd on the left (at Neils Creek bridge) past the intersection of FM854 & Hwy6.I think that is CR3125 but not shure.Follow that up to intersection with 3137 which goes to left. take 3137 down into the low water crossing (generally muddy) then climb back up out of the trees & to the hill in reference !!!!!!!! O F S!!! proceed at your own discression!!! NOT V STROM TERRITORY FOR ME
The road intersects with 3135 near Lane's Chapel & you can take that in either direction (219 or 2602)
That be it I had road 3125 back to SH 6 and really thought nothing of 3137. I brought camera to take some pics today but may not get posted until Monday due to slow internet at home. I was really wishing I had Knobbies yesterday. But the Anakee 2s did better that I thought considering. I realize this will not be a road for everyrider so we will have to have alternate route when included on a ride. The road made me nervous and got my adrenalyn pumping which doe snot happen often. Last time was my Vstrom in Colorado running Jeep passes
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #147
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,402
Hey, Ghost. I believe that is road I was describing to you the other night on the phone. Great fun, huh? I'll have the nephew take a look at the map to say for sure, but it sho' sounds like it. I was losing momentum up that hill (as we discussed, I have the shitty first gear) , swung hard left to avoid slow moving nephew #2, and stuck the Big Ugly in a moon crater rut. Not a good moment. Not a good memory.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #148
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Bet it was! It is hands down the Roughest County Road I have run in Texas Just talked to our County mapping guy and he said that is the roughest road he has mapped and he has driven almost everyroad as part of the 911 address mapping. He could not believe my GSA could make that road He was just telling me that we may be losing some roads in the future to closures 3150 is one. Might need to start a new thread the Roughest Roads in Texas
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #149
Burbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Crappo, you guys got my curiosity up. Do I need to have someone catch my bike after I fall off it? Sounds 3135 and 3137 will be a Sunday adventure for the 1150.
Burbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #150
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltec
I show the coords at the intersection of those two roads as 31.688226 by -97.554903.

Doesn't look like much on the maps and sat, but those resources seldom reflect the real situation on the ground.

Looking forward to the photos.

Hey ghost, I didn't know there was a prison around in those parts, or are you using the term "prison" as a metaphor for your marriage? I guess another option would be "all of the above".

I'm looking forward to meeting you and riding with you some day soon. You seem like a fun guy.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R