ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #6466
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Left the Harley dealership around 1pm to make an Urban Assault ride near Lake Travis. Then turned east to check out some roads for future HOG rides. On the way we stopped at a remote shop to check on a friend's custom chopper build. That's where we saw THIS:


Figured some of you more seasoned riders would know what it is. First one I've seen in real life.
That one o those Harley opposed twin flatheads?? maybe XA series?

EDIT...No..I looked for pics,but this doesn't look quite like the old military model.
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks

Cycledelic Relic screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 04:33 AM
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #6467
SkizzMan
There, that's it
 
SkizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 8,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
That one o those Harley opposed twin flatheads?? maybe XA series?

EDIT...No..I looked for pics,but this doesn't look quite like the old military model.
It is a 1930's bike with possible military heritage.
Not a Harley.

Anyone else wanna guess?
__________________
"You don't take photos for yourself, you take them for the old man you will become - if you are lucky." - Falang

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #6468
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
The fires start by themselves thank you....NO HELP NEEDED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Sadly no riding for me. Eating dust and smoke at the Mother Neff fireit is one hot sob here.
Lookin thru the local news on the interwoven webnet this mornin.....SAW THIS....

Quote:KWTX NEWS
[PEARL (August 28, 2011)—Thirteen fire departments from Coryell County and surrounding counties as well as from Fort Hood Sunday afternoon were battling as many as 13 grass fires in the small community of Pearl, between Gatesville and Evant.
The fire already has destroyed two homes and as many as eight more are threatened.
A report from the scene indicates the fires were started by someone pulling a lit barbeque pit on a trailer down a highway.]

!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!! These people have NO brains whatsoever
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #6469
TXjames
High Sider
 
TXjames's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizzman View Post
it is a 1930's bike with possible military heritage.
Not a harley.

Anyone else wanna guess?
1937 BMW R6

EDIT: Guess the ADV wizards don't want me yelling at you FFs. Couldn't put the model in caps till I had some lowercase too.
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #6470
TXjames
High Sider
 
TXjames's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
1937 BMW R6

EDIT: Guess the ADV wizards don't want me yelling at you FFs. Couldn't put the model in caps till I had some lowercase too.
There seem to be a crap load of 1930's BMW R bikes but I'm going with the R6 based on the heads.

EDIT: Wait! I'm having second thoughts. The exhaust and frame look more like the 1935 R12.

TXjames screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 08:51 AM
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #6471
SkizzMan
There, that's it
 
SkizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 8,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
There seem to be a crap load of 1930's BMW R bikes but I'm going with the R6 based on the heads.

EDIT: Wait! I'm having second thoughts. The exhaust and frame look more like the 1935 R12.
Alright! Good guesses. Keep trying.
__________________
"You don't take photos for yourself, you take them for the old man you will become - if you are lucky." - Falang

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #6472
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer
 
WoodButcher's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
Lookin thru the local news on the interwoven webnet this mornin.....SAW THIS....

Quote:KWTX NEWS
[PEARL (August 28, 2011)—Thirteen fire departments from Coryell County and surrounding counties as well as from Fort Hood Sunday afternoon were battling as many as 13 grass fires in the small community of Pearl, between Gatesville and Evant.
The fire already has destroyed two homes and as many as eight more are threatened.
A report from the scene indicates the fires were started by someone pulling a lit barbeque pit on a trailer down a highway.]

!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!! These people have NO brains whatsoever
It was Dahweed. That's where the deer took out our group. He is trying to wipe out their habitat.
__________________
Rusty

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #6473
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 2,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
A report from the scene indicates the fires were started by someone pulling a lit barbeque pit on a trailer down a highway.]

!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING !!!! These people have NO brains whatsoever


That should be criminal negligence.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #6474
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
Un f l i p p i n believable outside....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage View Post
Hit a new high on my temp. guage.....112 just outside of Georgetown. Yes, it is a hot mofo but the forecast is for a cold front next weekend. Suppose to go all the way down to 99 on Saturday.
Went outside at lunch break 12:15......COMPARED TO YESTERDAY!!! HOLY CRAP.....it's around 90 or so...... Plenty of cloud cover....& a few sprinkles too!! Wish I was off today....(oh yeah....forgot....I'm usually waaaay off...figuratively speakin)
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #6475
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Left the Harley dealership around 1pm to make an Urban Assault ride near Lake Travis. Then turned east to check out some roads for future HOG rides. On the way we stopped at a remote shop to check on a friend's custom chopper build. That's where we saw THIS:


Figured some of you more seasoned riders would know what it is. First one I've seen in real life.

That's clearly a Russian version of the BMW military bike. Based on my understanding of Russian technology and styling , I'd guess circa 2002-2003.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".

slowoldguy screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 01:00 PM
slowoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #6476
SkizzMan
There, that's it
 
SkizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 8,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
That's clearly a Russian version of the BMW military bike. Based on my view of Russian technology I'd guess circa 2002-2003.
Sorry my friend. It's from 1936. I'll leave country of origin open for now.
__________________
"You don't take photos for yourself, you take them for the old man you will become - if you are lucky." - Falang

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #6477
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
Zundapp K800

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Sorry my friend. It's from 1936. I'll leave country of origin open for now.

!!!huh

here's where I found it...

http://bmwdean.com/europe.htm

This it Schizz??

....but I have an unfair advantage......My job allows me 10 hours a day to do absolutely nothing except surf....stoopid job
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks

Cycledelic Relic screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 01:15 PM
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #6478
TXjames
High Sider
 
TXjames's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
!!!huh

here's where I found it...

http://bmwdean.com/europe.htm
Damn 2Much! You're older than I thought. I dare say you hit the nail on the head.

Look at this beauty: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2574161...n/photostream/
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #6479
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
NOT YET....maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
Damn 2Much! You're older than I thought. I dare say you hit the nail on the head.

Look at this beauty: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2574161...n/photostream/
Don't kno if the bike in Schizz's pic has 1 plug per head or 2....The K800s in pics show 2 plugs....Bike in your pic has 1......K800??? or K500?


...& I ain't that dusty!.......just got a lot a time to kill.

here's a K800 pic...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25741612@N08/3148495425/

& one with red paint...
http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/...4MG8DCO2C70COX

EDIT: HELL just noticed ..the K800 is a 4 cyl.....Got to be the K500 instead. The cylinders/heads didn't look that big & I didn't see the rear pipe.

TXjames' bike pic looks correct to me.....How bout it Schizz???

>>>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/10983301@N06/2506310868/ <<<<< THIS ONE & TXjames' pic
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks

Cycledelic Relic screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 01:42 PM
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #6480
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,752
Sidecar anyone? But for a client, I'd have had it. Well, close anyway.


http://classic-motorbikes.net/images/gallery/9673.jpg
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015