Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #751
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agman
Dadgum it, Dahveed, you just had to mention the word DUCATI!!!
You want a Ducati too??? Does that mean I can have the XR
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #752
Agman
Ranching Rider

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
You want a Ducati too??? Does that mean I can have the XR
Howdy...no, I have big plans for my XR...ride it every day. That Ducati 1098 would be a great addition to my garage, though.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #753
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Howdy...no, I have big plans for my XR...ride it every day. That Ducati 1098 would be a great addition to my garage, though.
I just want to ride it once Promise I will never exceed the legal speed limit
Old 01-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #754
tjrockit
One day closer...

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Maybe she'll bring you something back from her trip, like a Ducati!
What I'd really like her to bring home is a black Acerbis 5.7 gallon tank. They only sell white and red here in the states.

However a Moto Guzzi or a Ducati would be sweet.
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #755
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
What I'd really like her to bring home is a black Acerbis 5.7 gallon tank. They only sell white and red here in the states.

However a Moto Guzzi or a Ducati would be sweet.
What? 2 gallons isn't enough gas for you?

Yeah, a Italian bike in addition to your existing ride would indeed be sweet.

Well you have fun celebrating your wife's return home. You've picked a good weekend, weatherwise, for that.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #756
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers. It will be cold, but clear. Not sure how many fair weather riders out there. I know there are several riders coming out of Waco. not sure how many coming out of Austin but I saw alot posted up on TWT.
Weather forecasters have put sleet back into the forecast for Saturday morning and reduced forecasted temps down into the mid 20s Friday night in our part of the State. Guys riding from the South should have a better time of it as temps warm up before arriving in Hico. This global warming is freezing us to death.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #757
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
What? 2 gallons isn't enough gas for you?

Yeah, a Italian bike in addition to your existing ride would indeed be sweet.

Well you have fun celebrating your wife's return home. You've picked a good weekend, weatherwise, for that.
That 2 gallons is JUST for the main tank, Dahveed...there is a whole 8 tenths of a gallon left for reserve (tongue in cheek). Didn't do me much good on the way back from Loco last time, though. Running 70-80 into the wind gives me 30 mpg, which just is not acceptable for a road bike. XRs like mine and TJrockit's mate up well with much larger tanks like the Acerbis. The mods I made with seantx's capable hands made a Ferrari out of a Prius at the expense of fuel mileage. One thing about it, riding around here, I can always make it back to the ranch on the reserve tank.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #758
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
That 2 gallons is JUST for the main tank, Dahveed...there is a whole 8 tenths of a gallon left for reserve (tongue in cheek). Didn't do me much good on the way back from Loco last time, though. Running 70-80 into the wind gives me 30 mpg, which just is not acceptable for a road bike. XRs like mine and TJrockit's mate up well with much larger tanks like the Acerbis. The mods I made with seantx's capable hands made a Ferrari out of a Prius at the expense of fuel mileage. One thing about it, riding around here, I can always make it back to the ranch on the reserve tank.
I think you may be running a little rich Agman, I smelled gas while riding behind you the other day. Anybody know much about the old Kawi KLX650, found one that I am considering buyin
Old 01-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #759
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
I think you may be running a little rich Agman, I smelled gas while riding behind you the other day. Anybody know much about the old Kawi KLX650, found one that I am considering buyin
Ghost, that is a good point. I ordered all of the mods parts from XRs Only in California and the jets I got are supposed to be good for sea level, and as you know, we have elevations of 1350-1400 around here. On the KLX, my brother in the high deserts of SoCal just bought a new KLX last month, and he is the most discriminating buyer I have ever seen. Don't know anything about the old ones. What year model is the one you are considering?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #760
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Its a 96 with 11,000 miles for $2500. Quite a few mods but a stock tank which does not look as big as your XRs. Seems like aftermarket tanks are spendy
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #761
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Its a 96 with 11,000 miles for $2500. Quite a few mods but a stock tank which does not look as big as your XRs. Seems like aftermarket tanks are spendy
Wow, the price seems about double what it is worth. I sent some specs. Could not find data on suspension travel, ground clearance, etc. Seems like you could get a much newer model with far greater parts availability for $2500. I bought my 2 year old XR with a couple of hundred miles on the clock in pristine condition for $4000...$2000 less than a brand new one. There has to be something out there to buy that is worth the money.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #762
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Wow, the price seems about double what it is worth. I sent some specs. Could not find data on suspension travel, ground clearance, etc. Seems like you could get a much newer model with far greater parts availability for $2500. I bought my 2 year old XR with a couple of hundred miles on the clock in pristine condition for $4000...$2000 less than a brand new one. There has to be something out there to buy that is worth the money.
Yeppers, I tend to agree with you. Although, the suspension is an improvement over KLR, still not very robust. I need a $4000 F800GS
Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #763
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Hey folks...
Those 93-96 KLX650s are somewhat sought after since they have longer USD suspension,more power (& no DOOHICKEY!!),lighter weight than the KLRs.Tanks only hold about 3 gal though.Gene has a really nice one that he won't let go of...even though he hardly ever rides it! (He's also got a 77 TT500 that looks fantastic!!!!!) I had a 93 KLX Motard for a short time but found it too uncomfortable for my purposes.Guess I like my seats nice & comfy....on the bike too!!!!

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #764
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
Hey folks...
Those 93-96 KLX650s are somewhat sought after since they have longer USD suspension,more power (& no DOOHICKEY!!),lighter weight than the KLRs.Tanks only hold about 3 gal though.Gene has a really nice one that he won't let go of...even though he hardly ever rides it! (He's also got a 77 TT500 that looks fantastic!!!!!) I had a 93 KLX Motard for a short time but found it too uncomfortable for my purposes.Guess I like my seats nice & comfy....on the bike too!!!!
This one has 11,000 miles. Crash guards, new shock, and some other minor stuff. But he is pat on the $2500.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #765
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
This one has 11,000 miles. Crash guards, new shock, and some other minor stuff. But he is pat on the $2500.
It is the street legal version ....right. Red/bluish purple frame. Not havin to worry with the doohickey counts for sumthin.The motors make 40+ish HP compared to the KLRs 33 or so.I've ridden Gene's & it has plenty of power....I can DEFINATELY SAY THAT.....after we chased down some Harley riders near Jonesboro a few years back.

I was on my TDM850 & he was on the KLX.We were sitting at FM2955 & Hwy36 when a pack came by....Gene says..."Time to go get some hog meat"...so here we go. Started goin round the riders in back one by one when one motions to the lead to "Twist it" Gene keeps pourin it on & goes round the lead at about the Ton with that stock pipe Maytag/Briggs & Stratton sound next to the Thunder.
FLIPPIN HILLARIOUS!!!!

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote