ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #8341
bigdave-gs
Explorer
 
bigdave-gs's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
And dave. Good luck on yo fender today. Be watching. Need to get that big pig a new snout.
Yeppers, got to get the fender here and painted. The Tourtech light brackets mount to the fender, so they are held up right now with electrical tape to keep them off the front wheel. Hopefully I will be the high bidder ! ! !
__________________
I'd be unstoppable if not for Law Enforcement and Physics !
When your 6'8" with a 40" inseam, the bikes that fit you are limited ! ! !

2004 BMW R1150GS Adventure for street work / KTM 950 Super Enduro for Dirt work !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #8342
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
ghost, since you weren't online this weekend you might have missed this

How'd yourdate go?
Did not see him....but I smelled him
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider), G650 X/Challenge
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #8343
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,552
Just in case anyone wanted to get me a present this Christmas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #8344
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Just in case anyone wanted to get me a present this Christmas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.
Holy SHIT!!!! I thought McCallam 25 was high...personally I would love to find a bottle of Glendronach 15 year single malt cured in the sherry casks....Damn good stuff....best scotch I have ever had but the distillery was bought and now mothballed
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider), G650 X/Challenge
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #8345
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,721
I see the bottle to right is MCallam 25...how much was it?
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider), G650 X/Challenge
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #8346
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I see the bottle to right is MCallam 25...how much was it?
I don't know. I looked at the other bottles in this case and they were in the $250 to $600 range except for this one. I'm still trying to figure this out - perhaps it comes with plane tickets to Scotland. Compared to this the 25 yo MAC will seem like a bargain.

BTW, This was taken at Goody-Goody on Camp Bowie in Fort Worth in case anyone wants to get it for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #8347
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
I don't know. I looked at the other bottles in this case and they were in the $250 to $600 range except for this one. I'm still trying to figure this out - perhaps it comes with plane tickets to Scotland. Compared to this the 25 yo MAC will seem like a bargain.

BTW, This was taken at Goody-Goody on Camp Bowie in Fort Worth in case anyone wants to get it for me.
I just saw the new owners of Glendronach have opened the stores and released a limited run of my 15 Speyside...does not look like it is getting imported to the states though
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider), G650 X/Challenge
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #8348
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Holy SHIT!!!! I thought McCallam 25 was high...personally I would love to find a bottle of Glendronach 15 year single malt cured in the sherry casks....Damn good stuff....best scotch I have ever had but the distillery was bought and now mothballed
Yeah, its a shame many of these distilleries are being bought out by huge corporations that only know how to market stuff. I'd love to fly and ride my bike in Europe. I'd for sure hit the Scottish whiskey belt and visit some tasting rooms. Then I'd be sure and be in Munich in September.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #8349
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I just saw the new owners of Glendronach have opened the stores and released a limited run of my 15 Speyside...does not look like it is getting imported to the states though
Any place that makes a great product keeps the good stuff local. Plus, I've heard those Scots can really drink, so perhaps they don't have any left to send this way. That's why I want to go there. I also figure I'll lose a few pounds 'cause that haggis stuff seems pretty foul.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #8350
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,474
Well, I traveled in rain to DFW and in big rain all the way back to Waco. Got to the ranch. No significant rain. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

In other news, kid saw the 4s phone. Oh, well. It was fast while it lasted.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #8351
TXjames
High Sider
 
TXjames's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Well, I traveled in rain to DFW and in big rain all the way back to Waco. Got to the ranch. No significant rain. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

In other news, kid saw the 4s phone. Oh, well. It was fast while it lasted.
There is absolutely no way that you either didn't get or aren't currently getting rain.

In other news... I'm holed up in my garage, staring at my bike, wishing I could put on my new Maier rear splash guard but can't get to it because 1/3 of the contents of my house are in the way. The house itself is also uninhabitable because it's overrun with wood floor laying Mexicans and the other 2/3rd of my possessions scattered about. I could use some of that Last Drop right now...

TXjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #8352
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,474
Look at the rainfall map. Maybe a tenth.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #8353
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Look at the rainfall map. Maybe a tenth.
When you bought this place, did the prior owner disclose that you're in dry spot? He probably had water trucked in before you came to look at it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #8354
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
There is absolutely no way that you either didn't get or aren't currently getting rain.

In other news... I'm holed up in my garage, staring at my bike, wishing I could put on my new Maier rear splash guard but can't get to it because 1/3 of the contents of my house are in the way. The house itself is also uninhabitable because it's overrun with wood floor laying Mexicans and the other 2/3rd of my possessions scattered about. I could use some of that Last Drop right now...


Where's Waldo? Jeez. There are two bikes in this photo. lol
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #8355
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Where's Waldo? Jeez. There are two bikes in this photo. lol
I see him I see him...in the back by the KTM
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider), G650 X/Challenge
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014