User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #826
Agman
Ranching Rider

Oddometer: 242
Good run to Hico...

Morning, guys. Really enjoyed the Pie Run and did not get cold at all. Ghost, call me to make arrangements to come over and have VMS make the Velcro adjustments to your neck warmer. She assaulted Hancock's and the Bernina store in Temple yesterday and came home with a big bag full of goodies.

Dahveed and I pulled over at my turnoff to the ranch South of Evant to discuss his ride down to Canyon Lake. Hope you guys enjoyed your respective rides back home and that you encountered some nifty county roads. I'm looking forward to the next ride for our band of desperados.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #827
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agman
Morning, Dahveed...we go that way often. From Hico, go South on 281 to about 10 miles South of Blanco, and take a left on 306. There is a traffic light there, along with a giant Shell station, etc. This will take you directly to Canyon Lake. Good road all the way. See you later this morning.
It was good seeing you again Agman. You're conveniently located to a lot of really nice riding and eating.

I took FM 962 east from Round Mountain. As you suggested Mr2mch, there was high water crossing that was wet. The bridge was marked closed. As I stopped there to get a picture and ponder if I wanted to attempt it, this Prius passed me and entered the water. Well, if a cute little girl in a wind up car can cross the stream, so can I. I snapped a pic for the hill country map, repacked everything and crossed. It was only 4-5 inches deep, but flowing pretty good. I made it with no problems. I'll post the pics when I get home.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #828
Mud Missile
Aventurero

Oddometer: 170
Chickened out

Quote:
Morning, guys. Really enjoyed the Pie Run and did not get cold at all. Ghost, call me to make arrangements to come over and have VMS make the Velcro adjustments to your neck warmer. She assaulted Hancock's and the Bernina store in Temple yesterday and came home with a big bag full of goodies.

Dahveed and I pulled over at my turnoff to the ranch South of Evant to discuss his ride down to Canyon Lake. Hope you guys enjoyed your respective rides back home and that you encountered some nifty county roads. I'm looking forward to the next ride for our band of desperados.
Glad to know you folks had a great time. I decided to let it pass and spend time on my honeydolist, got to build political capital for later rides. I may spend today working on my bike getting it ready for Uncle's around the Bend trip. Till next time.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #829
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Missile
Glad to know you folks had a great time. I decided to let it pass and spend time on my honeydolist, got to build political capital for later rides. I may spend today working on my bike getting it ready for Uncle's around the Bend trip. Till next time.
No mud on this ride.....but plenty of water over pavement!! It was pretty cool (YEAH & FLIPPIN COLD TOO) but my gear kept the cold out,mostly (a little water in the boot is always nice at 37deg) Met some Austin riders who rode back south with us ...or was I rode south with them?? Ended up south of Lampasas at Joppa near Bertram(Hwy29) so had a bit of a ride back to Waco from there.
We'll be seein ya on the next round ....& around...& around....

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #830
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
It was good seeing you again Agman. You're conveniently located to a lot of really nice riding and eating.

I took FM 962 east from Round Mountain. As you suggested Mr2mch, there was high water crossing that was wet. The bridge was marked closed. As I stopped there to get a picture and ponder if I wanted to attempt it, this Prius passed me and entered the water. Well, if a cute little girl in a wind up car can cross the stream, so can I. I snapped a pic for the hill country map, repacked everything and crossed. It was only 4-5 inches deep, but flowing pretty good. I made it with no problems. I'll post the pics when I get home.
Hope ya get to do some more of the cool stuff while you're in the area.Call if ya need some more info while out....

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM   #831
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:

Hey Agman,
I'm gonna try to put a ride together & get back down to the area round Lometa/Lampasas .Want to get some of the Austin guys back up for this one too.Maybe even just make a big loop...

Bosque/Coryell/Lampasas/Burnet/Williamson/Bell
Sample the paved goodies from all these counties without any gravel.Cover more ground on paved vs gravel.You could ride the RT on those roads & be comfy. I WILL wait till it's a bit warmer though.

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #832
Agman
Ranching Rider

Great idea...

Mr., you are reading my mind once again. A week or so ago the Ghost mentioned the same thing about a ride West. There are some county roads from here at the ranch to San Saba, Cherokee, Lometa, Llano, etc. that are hard to beat. No traffic, but usual precautions for Farmer Brown, loose livestock, gravel, and the like. I'm up for some pavement riding so lets talk up a ride with our desperados.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #833
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Ok Everyone....the Gauntlet Is Down...

Quote:
Mr., you are reading my mind once again. A week or so ago the Ghost mentioned the same thing about a ride West. There are some county roads from here at the ranch to San Saba, Cherokee, Lometa, Llano, etc. that are hard to beat. No traffic, but usual precautions for Farmer Brown, loose livestock, gravel, and the like. I'm up for some pavement riding so lets talk up a ride with our desperados.

Heck!!....IT COULDA BEEN A PAPER CUP FOR ME TO START ANOTHER RIDE PLAN.......

Everyone interested....The ride will be on paved CRs this time to let more folks come along who want to ride the CRs but either don't have a DS or don't like covering longer distances on them.I'd like to make sure to include any DFW riders & bring along some of the Austin/Temple crowd too....
(Rick M are you & Big A watchin this thread)

If you are goin to ride on a street bike...just keep in mind the nature of these paved CR gems.....
numerous slab water crossings(prob no algae in cooler weather)
Bumpy,patchy pavement in places with the possibility of some gravel repairs depending on how bad the rain/cold tears up the pavement
CATTLEGUARDS....can catch ya by surprise with a BIG THUD/SCRAPE!!!Higher clearance street bikes like Tiger/Versys/V Strom...etc = BETTER
(i've seen older FZ1s ZRXs do just fine though...if you go over guards slow
&.....to go along with the Cattleguards.........What else? CATTLE & sheep/goats .....along with other wilder critters
LASTLY.....We won't forget the LOCALS who make their livin out here.

We'll shoot for some warmer drier days ....exact date depending on who responds & everyone's schedule.

Allright.......GO!

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #834
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
Just returned from skiing in Telluride and checking in. Look forward to riding with y'all in the near future. Hope the weather starts to co-operate soon, though I will be missing it when it gets HOT, which is soon enough.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #835
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
Just returned from skiing in Telluride and checking in. Look forward to riding with y'all in the near future. Hope the weather starts to co-operate soon, though I will be missing it when it gets HOT, which is soon enough.
Hey Foto,
You might be interested in the ride I just posted.Paved county roads out round Gatesville/Evant/Lampasas.Gonna try for a bit warmer day this time.
stay tuned....

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #836
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
Mr2mc

Your ride knowledge of this area is superior. I have ridden this part of Texas for over 25 years and still find great rides. We will ride soon. LC is calling.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #837
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
Mr2mc

Your ride knowledge of this area is superior. I have ridden this part of Texas for over 25 years and still find great rides. We will ride soon. LC is calling.
You're spot on the chili, FotoTEX...Mr2mch has Central Texas wired. CenTex is my home stomping grounds and I started blitzing around here in 1976 on my Honda and Mr. knows more than I do. We have more than enough CRs to keep us occupied for years. Interestingly, a lot of these rural areas haven't changed significantly in 50+ years and it is a hoot riding through them. I really believe that we could start hitting these CenTex CRs hard this Spring and not even put a dent in them in 10 years.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:07 PM   #838
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
You're spot on the chili, FotoTEX...Mr2mch has Central Texas wired. CenTex is my home stomping grounds and I started blitzing around here in 1976 on my Honda and Mr. knows more than I do. We have more than enough CRs to keep us occupied for years. Interestingly, a lot of these rural areas haven't changed significantly in 50+ years and it is a hoot riding through them. I really believe that we could start hitting these CenTex CRs hard this Spring and not even put a dent in them in 10 years.
10 yrs....I kinda thought that too,but have been looking at the gravel stuff lately just because I've run out of new pavement locally.Every now & then they'll (county road crews) add another paved stretch that I can put on my list.

I like to venture out because of the familiarity developed by riding locally so much.Then using my photogenic mammary......No No wait....that's Pamela Anderson....photographic memory (sometimes it's a curse...believe me,
ex-parts man for 30+yrs) I remember landmarks from the ride & sometimes the road name or number. Get out THE BOOK & re-construct the route.

By the way guys....BIG THANX !!! for everyone's comments on my road knowledge.I don't really consider it that much .I'm sure other folks have just as many roads stored away in their memories & like to share em too.

cycledelic hippie
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #839
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,362
Morning all, did the family thing all day yesterday so was not on the net...wife starts her 4s again today so won't see her until Friday figure I better spend time wisely Did manage to find some old photos...

Hey Agman, Remember this bad boy!!! This was my KTM 504....It was the shit of the day in thumpers....Rotax motor and factory Fox suspension. This was the day I brought it home from the dealer, took the photo in the blue bonnets beside my house...it would never be that clean again

I think this is me in 81, not sure of which race or track...but that was my 81 KTM 250

The 504 in aviation on my practice track.... I miss that bike
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #840
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,362
Pie Run 2010 Pics

Ok guys here are some pics from Pie Run to HIco::::

A bunch of fools on a cold day

Mr2mch, won a doorprize

Agman wins $50 gift certificate to Lone Star BMW...gonna use that for a down payment on a new GS
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote