Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #886
Agman
Ranching Rider

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
There's a place south of Leakey near Garner St Park on RR1050 called 4J River Way that has a variety of cabins & I think camping too. (cabin for me)
You can sit outside round a fire pit & BS the eve away.We've stayed there several times with the ZRX guys & it was great.

As for RIDE PLANS....I was thinkin more of an overnight at most in Feb with a longer wknd wildflaur wizbang in Mar/Apr. The ovrnght ride would get as far south as say....Fredericksburg while winding round on all the good stuff goin & comin.

What chya'll think??????
Morning, Mr....You get my vote for Ride Planner of the month...I am all over that ride down to Leakey. Ride down on a Saturday morning, hit the 4J for the night, and then head back on Sunday?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #887
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agman
Me, too. My best road trip to date was from Houston to Seattle on my Honda 750F in 1979 and we camped out all the way up and back. Foto has a good idea about camping on our run down to the Sisters. Whether it is at a campsite or a hotel, we need to keep our butts on our scooters out in the beautiful country. My brother in the high deserts of SoCal goes out to the wilds of California EVERY DAY on his Tiger, V-Strom, KLR, or KLX. He figures that there is a finite number of scooter road trips, and he wants to make damn sure he doesn't miss any of them!
Oh, I forgot...my best road trip was from Houston across the entire country of Mexico to the Pacific Coast town of Mazatlan on my 1969 Honda K0 750 in March of 1973. Rode down with 4 of my adventurous pals. None of us went to jail.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #888
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,402
Ride Thread......

Quote:
Morning, Mr....You get my vote for Ride Planner of the month...I am all over that ride down to Leakey. Ride down on a Saturday morning, hit the 4J for the night, and then head back on Sunday?

OK GUYS ...HERE YA GO...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547071

Agman....I was thinkin for the overnighter to just concentrate on the paved stuff as far south as I10. That way you're not tryin to make too many miles there & back in 2 days.Ya kinda miss a lot of the curvy stuff if doing that.A weekend is better for Leakey/Camp Wood area.

I gotta get off here & go box up some sold items.....see ya'll

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #889
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,490
Quote:
OK GUYS ...HERE YA GO...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547071

Agman....I was thinkin for the overnighter to just concentrate on the paved stuff as far south as I10. That way you're not tryin to make too many miles there & back in 2 days.Ya kinda miss a lot of the curvy stuff if doing that.A weekend is better for Leakey/Camp Wood area.

I gotta get off here & go box up some sold items.....see ya'll
Leaky is supposed to be motorcycle heaven. How about I mention some dates - the Weekend of March 12-13. I can do a day or 2 more after, but I can't leave before that Friday morning.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #890
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,358
I tried cross this crossing but muddy as hell and water is about 2 feet deep and swift...this was that crossing on CR4155 that normally has No water over it...

Notice from where I am at in this pic, I am still in the flood plane I was barely able to manhandle the pig in the mud
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #891
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Leaky is supposed to be motorcycle heaven. How about I mention some dates - the Weekend of March 12-13. I can do a day or 2 more after, but I can't leave before that Friday morning.
Sounds good, Dahveed...sign me up. Still think we should hit the road later this month...any takers?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #892
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,402
Quote:
Sounds good, Dahveed...sign me up. Still think we should hit the road later this month...any takers?
That's my plan.....An overnighter down around Fburg/Blanco area before the end of Feb.
Maybe we could find some cabins that would rent cheap in the off season....

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #893
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
That's my plan.....An overnighter down around Fburg/Blanco area before the end of Feb.
Maybe we could find some cabins that would rent cheap in the off season....
Good plan...might even hit the Frio River, Utopia, or Bandera. There is no shortage of good places down that way.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #894
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
President's weekend is the weekend after Superbowl Sunday. I'm open then.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #895
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Good plan...might even hit the Frio River, Utopia, or Bandera. There is no shortage of good places down that way.
I like camping, but prefer to sleep about 1-2 feet above the ground. So a camp site with some super budget cabins would be great.

I've stayed in these years ago. Basically a rigid tent with beds in them. You still do all your living outside, just don't have to haul a tent. I used a sleeping bag in the bed. Kamping Kabins They used to be cheap ($10 a night) years ago.

They have a campground in Kerrvile with these cabins
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #896
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
President's weekend is the weekend after Superbowl Sunday. I'm open then.
I'm in, Dahveed. Just checked with VMS and her itinerary and we are clear. Anyone else feel a need to poke a hole in the wind that weekend?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #897
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
I tried cross this crossing but muddy as hell and water is about 2 feet deep and swift...this was that crossing on CR4155 that normally has No water over it...

Notice from where I am at in this pic, I am still in the flood plane I was barely able to manhandle the pig in the mud
Ghost, that looks like a job for my XR, but on second thought, it might take a full fledged MX bike to make it across...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #898
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964

I never would have tried that by myself, but if it wasn't too cold and the water NOT flowing too much, I would have tried it with the KLR with a group of people. Hey, someone needs to take the photo of the attempt and help with picking it up if I didn't succeed.

Sounds like we need to get together and plan out these trips. I've got my kids this weekend, but I can cage it out there to meet up and discuss these rides. Sat would be better for me, since my daughter has play practice and she is the one who would whine the most...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #899
Agman
Ranching Rider

Good idea...

Dahveed, you and your kiddos are always welcome here at the ranch. Lots of things for kids to do. VMS absolutely loves children and young adults and there are calves, chickens, ranch cats, and cow dogs to play with. I've been meaning to talk with Ghost about having a tech day here for my RT...he is quite the wrench. Maybe he and Mr2mch would want to drift this way to firm up some ride plans. I would need a day or so notice because my spine doc gave me clearance yesterday to resume my workout and conditioning program and I've got a racquetball partner to work in. My plans are to enter the Senior Olympics in May or June. It sounds like a good day to whup up some good old cowboy cooking. I think Mrs. Ghost may be working, though.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #900
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,358
Quote:
I never would have tried that by myself, but if it wasn't too cold and the water NOT flowing too much, I would have tried it with the KLR with a group of people. Hey, someone needs to take the photo of the attempt and help with picking it up if I didn't succeed.

Sounds like we need to get together and plan out these trips. I've got my kids this weekend, but I can cage it out there to meet up and discuss these rides. Sat would be better for me, since my daughter has play practice and she is the one who would whine the most...
Dahveed, I am fairly brave/stupid on water crossings but with the velocity of the water and the fact I did not have someone to call in my last known whereabouts deterred me I did not want to wind up on the menu of some old catfish down the Bosque I really need to have someone with me on most of my excursion but what can I do
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote