Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #901
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agman
Dahveed, you and your kiddos are always welcome here at the ranch. Lots of things for kids to do. VMS absolutely loves children and young adults and there are calves, chickens, ranch cats, and cow dogs to play with. I've been meaning to talk with Ghost about having a tech day here for my RT...he is quite the wrench. Maybe he and Mr2mch would want to drift this way to firm up some ride plans. I would need a day or so notice because my spine doc gave me clearance yesterday to resume my workout and conditioning program and I've got a racquetball partner to work in. My plans are to enter the Senior Olympics in May or June. It sounds like a good day to whup up some good old cowboy cooking. I think Mrs. Ghost may be working, though.
I can attest to VMS's fine culinary skills Love those biscuits! Have tools will travel bet there will be col' beer too
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #902
Agman
Ranching Rider

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
Dahveed, I am fairly brave/stupid on water crossings but with the velocity of the water and the fact I did not have someone to call in my last known whereabouts deterred me I did not want to wind up on the menu of some old catfish down the Bosque I really need to have someone with me on most of my excursion but what can I do
Ghost, with the mud on the incline pulling out of there, some good knobbies on just about any kind of bike might work. Is Mrs. Ghost working on Saturday, and if you are able to come, how about Macy?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #903
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Ghost, with the mud on the incline pulling out of there, some good knobbies on just about any kind of bike might work. Is Mrs. Ghost working on Saturday, and if you are able to come, how about Macy?
suppose to go to Austin on Sat morning with the 1150GS not sure if I am gonna have them do the work or do it myself, but yes the Mrs will be off...
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #904
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
suppose to go to Austin on Sat morning with the 1150GS not sure if I am gonna have them do the work or do it myself, but yes the Mrs will be off...
Ghost, I've got the Clymer's that will work for your bike whenever you want to use it. I also bought one for the XR. Mrs. Ghost is welcome as well as Macy. We also need to tweak your neck gater.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #905
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Ghost, I've got the Clymer's that will work for your bike whenever you want to use it. I also bought one for the XR. Mrs. Ghost is welcome as well as Macy. We also need to tweak your neck gater.
I have the complete BMW service manual on flash drive compliments of Burbo ...I think Vera should look at using wider piece of velcro.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #906
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
I have the complete BMW service manual on flash drive compliments of Burbo ...I think Vera should look at using wider piece of velcro.
Not a problem...she could even whup out a brand new one while us guys are choking down a cold one or contemplating the true meaning of life. She does have lots of Velcro. When you say "wide", do you mean long or tall? I think the Velcro strips she used on yours were about 3 inches long and 3/4 of an inch tall.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #907
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Not a problem...she could even whup out a brand new one while us guys are choking down a cold one or contemplating the true meaning of life. She does have lots of Velcro. When you say "wide", do you mean long or tall? I think the Velcro strips she used on yours were about 3 inches long and 3/4 of an inch tall.
Maybe an inch longer but instead of 3/4 inch see if she has 2 inch high or even 3 inch and only use one piece....PLEASE DON'T Take offense cause I LOVE IT! Just would facilitate puttin it on if ya don't use your mirror
Old 02-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #908
Agman
Ranching Rider

Quote:
Maybe an inch longer but instead of 3/4 inch see if she has 2 inch high or even 3 inch and only use one piece....PLEASE DON'T Take offense cause I LOVE IT! Just would facilitate puttin it on if ya don't use your mirror
Gotcha...I had a little problem getting mine on last Saturday...just takes practice. Sure is warm, though. VMS really loves to work on things like that. You should see what she did with 4 of my old tobacco pouches! It is wonderful being married to a seamstress...especially since I tear up stuff all of the time working outside.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #909
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Gotcha...I had a little problem getting mine on last Saturday...just takes practice. Sure is warm, though. VMS really loves to work on things like that. You should see what she did with 4 of my old tobacco pouches! It is wonderful being married to a seamstress...especially since I tear up stuff all of the time working outside.
Yeah, I bet...bought my wife all the stuff and now she says she needs more at least hanging with Vera, mine came home and blew the dust off
Old 02-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #910
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,539
Quote:
Dahveed, I am fairly brave/stupid on water crossings but with the velocity of the water and the fact I did not have someone to call in my last known whereabouts deterred me I did not want to wind up on the menu of some old catfish down the Bosque I really need to have someone with me on most of my excursion but what can I do
I was under the impression you attempted this crossing. Its better to be safe then sorry. Fast flowing water is very powerful as you well know. Being swept down stream is a real possibility with a surprisingly small volume of water. Yes, motorcycling on these infrequently traveled roads is best done with at least one other person.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #911
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I was under the impression you attempted this crossing. Its better to be safe then sorry. Fast flowing water is very powerful as you well know. Being swept down stream is a real possibility with a surprisingly small volume of water. Yes, motorcycling on these infrequently traveled roads is best done with at least one other person.
I eased the tire into the edge of the water to feel it out and could feel the pull of the current. That is what made it hard to get my big pig out of there. I finally found a short coming in my linked brakes, could not lock the front tire and then power the ass end around like my old dirt bikes Then it tried to bury up to china! And I did not want to go further into the current. Gonna take some more pics tonight...going to 4185 and 4250 and Rods favorite CR224
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #912
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,675
I will be in for a short camp or cabin ride to the Hill Country in late Feb. I will be in Chile on a photo. shoot/fishing lodge trip in early March. So those dates work well for me.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #913
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
I will be in for a short camp or cabin ride to the Hill Country in late Feb. I will be in Chile on a photo. shoot/fishing lodge trip in early March. So those dates work well for me.
With a name like Fototex, I suspect you make a living from your camera. That sounds like a hoot going to Chile. Are you going to Pantagonia? Just got through reading my National Geographic see... told yall I was edumucated... I am wanting a new camera, I have about beat my poor old Rebel to death. would like to pick someones brain that is in the know...I have mainly shot Canons through the years, but I do not think my old lens are up to the quality for the higher mega pixel cameras....leaning to a 50D
Old 02-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #914
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Yes I have been lucky enough for the past 30 years to have traveled the world and making a living taking images for Getty Images. Have included some very nice rides combined with image making, a very nice combination. I am a lucky man.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #915
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Yes I am going to northern Patagonia. It will be fall when I leave in early Spring here in TX. Strange change over 24 hours to me. There is some great DS roads in Chile. The last 100 miles to the lodge is a dirt/gravel road along Fjord like views and cool little fishing villages clinging to the side of mtns. along the sea. Would love to ride that road. A nice 30 minute ferry crossing tops it off. Last time a beat-up ole dirt bike went with us. Bet he had a blast.