Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #9196
yardracer
stubborn cow

Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
So now you're gonna be a Trailer Queen, huh?

Will.... there will be NO repeat of the RTB........from now on I come with support (car full of crap)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #9197
yardracer
stubborn cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
I'd be in for heading West this weekend but I'm already committed to driving a van full of teenagers to Dennison (SP?).

condolences what worked for me....find some music they HATE and turn it up.....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #9198
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,445
Mix. But the girls will probably be in the majority.

It's a no go on the lousy music. I'm supposed to be helping these kids stay out of trouble/prison/etc. so it helps if they actually like me.
veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 AM   #9199
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Apparently we're working cows Sat. morning too. I'd invite people out for entertainment purposes but it's pretty melodramatic since we built the catch pens.

Of course of there were a bunch of calves I'd tell you to bring the chitlins.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #9200
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Quote:
Apparently we're working cows Sat. morning too. I'd invite people out for entertainment purposes but it's pretty melodramatic since we built the catch pens.

Well, get a GoPro on a head mount and speed it up. Might be humous. Good luck with helping the troubled teens.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #9201
yardracer
stubborn cow

Quote:
Mix. But the girls will probably be in the majority.

It's a no go on the lousy music. I'm supposed to be helping these kids stay out of trouble/prison/etc. so it helps if they actually like me.
I said LOUD...not lousy

Since it's mixed....you might stand a better chance though....I only had girls....you can't hear yourself think with all that chatter...........
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #9202
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardracer View Post
I said LOUD...not lousy

Since it's mixed....you might stand a better chance though....I only had girls....you can't hear yourself think with all that chatter...........
True dat! when my daughter has her friends over it seems as though all of them are talking all the time. I don't think they even bother to listen to each other.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #9203
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
True dat! when my daughter has her friends over it seems as though all of them are talking all the time. I don't think they even bother to listen to each other.
I've logged many miles with truck-loads of girls to basketball tournaments all over. The randomness of the conversations is what always amazed me. Stream of conciousness doesn't begin to explain it. It reminds me of that ADD/HD squirrel we sometimes see in the road in front of us. First this way, then that, then the other again.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #9204
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
I'd be in for heading West this weekend but I'm already committed to driving a van full of teenagers to Dennison (SP?).
Wow ! Txjames and SOG one weekend bus load of kids the next...your sure to get in heaven..true saint...

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #9205
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
I'm pretty sure they do. When I've had classes of all girls I've asked them what they were talking about after listening for 5 minutes and they'd be able to tell me basically everything that was said. It's scary.

Sorry I misunderstood you Yardracer. Loud music is a go when I get tired of listening/talking to them.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #9206
dsavage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
cows

Quote:

I'm still thinning my herd. Plan to take three cows to the Clfton auction this afternoon. I've got a good catch pen and loading ally but if they decide that they don't want to go in the trailer a rodeo can ensue. My longhorn mamas can be a stubborn lot at times Fortunately, I've got a buddy coming over to lend a hand today. Took five calves to the sale last week and loaded them in record time. But I never know what to expect and that makes it fun.
dsavage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #9207
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy View Post
Wow ! Txjames and SOG one weekend bus load of kids the next...your sure to get in heaven..true saint...
LOL! Its must get tiring being the "responsible one" every weekend.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they do. When I've had classes of all girls I've asked them what they were talking about after listening for 5 minutes and they'd be able to tell me basically everything that was said. It's scary.

Sorry I misunderstood you Yardracer. Loud music is a go when I get tired of listening/talking to them.
Ear plugs might be required.

All the guys here probably understand that perfect recall. Women seem to remember stuff forever, especially stuff you don't want them to.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #9208
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,457
RIDE of the THREE STEVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
A few of us rode up to the area around Forestburg/Saint Jo/Bulcher/Muenster this last Friday & Saturday. While we stuck to pavement on this trip due to street bikes along for the ride....we saw what looked like some really cool gravel/sand county roads all over that area. Plenty of hills too!!! Ya'll dirty folks are gonna love it if you go ridin up there! SOGs River to River Route project should have some GREAT stuff up north. There's a reason that they put that Red River off road riding facility up there at Bulcher long ago....

The area between US287 & TX199 around Decatur/Bridgeport & west over to US281 sems to have a lot more paved CRs so I'll be going back up to scout those & find the goodies for the more pavement minded folks. Of course ..I've already ridden a bunch of the paved CRs below 199 toward Mineral Wells & Weatherford. They're fun stuff but somewhat populated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Very tempting report , Rod. Very tempting. The XR has distracted me from the mapping project but Sunday re-kindled the fire.
Quote:
If you liked that.....check out the book I'm writing on the TWT pie run thread....
RIDE OF THE THREE STEVES......or Head to the PIE guys.

We had a GREAT ride up to far north Texas on Friday & Sat. Stayed in Muenster Fri night & rode to the pie on Sat.

It started out with Robert (that's Robe air) RZ500rich & myself leavin a pretty chilly Speegleville at 9AM Fri mornin to head toward Cranfills Gap where Agman (Steve) was waitin....& waitin...& waitin (we had already had a slight detour due to a thick blanket of mud over the road near Hog Creek).

After finally gettin to The Gap...we then proceeded north on some of our favorite FMs & CRs west of Glen Rose...up thru Tolar to Lipan. Then Dennis & Brock before stoppin at Garner for a fine fried catfish lunch special (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED although Robert said his hot dog & fries were great too).

swoody (2nd Steve) was ..again,..waitin on us at Garner....Along with about 50 or 60 other diners!!! (Stop there sometime....it's a good eatin place). We headed out on Garner Adell Rd workin our way north toward Whitt & Lone Star Rd over to Poolville...then Bridgeport & north to..Forestburg for a drink stop & on to Saint Jo.

By the time ya cross US287 goin north in this area ...most of the county roads are gonna be gravel instead of pavement. We stuck to the FMs but weren't dissappointed in he least. Some very entertaining FMs up north...& even less traffic past Saint Jo toward Bulcher where the Red River off road riding facility is located. We looped around back south toward Muenster for the evening (Wind Generator farm up in the hills north of town is impressive sight riding right thru between them!) Steve #2 had to head back to Denton for the evening so we settled in to the motel.

After stayin the night in Muenster we got up ...ate some breakfast & headed back north up FM373 thru those hills & wind generators again,lookin for the ever elusive paved CRs (non-existant really..up here). Back over to Bulcher then Illinois Bend & a quick jaunt across the Taovoyas Indian Bridge into Oklahoma (just so we could say we were in OK). FM677 & 373 have been extended & that bridge added (1992) in recent years...so some maps don't even have them shown. I kno my Roads of Texas doesn't. The twisty hillyness of the roads up here is FLIPPIN GREAT!!!.....& very little traffic too.

We headed back south thru Saint Jo (on 677 this time) continuing on to Forestburg where we took FM922 east...All the way over to Tioga. The part around Forestburg & Rosston was nice & hilly with good twisties...but it flattened out getting closer to I35 & Valley View. The only thing good I have to say about US377 is that it passes thru Tioga (Clark's Outpost BBQ) & takes ya by Aubrey ( where the PIE is....Lucy's Mom's On Main) WAAAAY TOOOO MUCH TRAFFIC FOR ME THOUGH. I'm gonna figger out a better way around that next time.

The 2nd & 3rd Steves (swoody & MacDaddy) were waitin outside while most of the crowd was already inside by the time we got there so we went in ...found a table & proceeded to order up our delights. My beef stew was great & the home made rolls that came with it were !!!huh!!! Robert's meat loaf plate was overflowing so he had to give some away. The open faced roast beef sandwiches even looked to have home made bread! ....THEN THERE WAS PIE......Kentucky Bourbon with pecans,walnuts & chocolate....Double huh! ...Sugar buzz DE LUX... I don't even recall what kind everyone else had....but they all looked (& tasted I'm sure) goooood.

....THE WAY BACK MACHINE

As I said earlier,we met the 2nd & 3rd Steves (swoody & MacDaddy) at Lucy's Mom's...(along with a bunch of other folks). After finishin up that last smidgen of pie..we all gathered up for the ride back south. swoody only lives a few miles down the road in Denton so he wasn't in the group this time. We did, however, pick up XCgates (why can't I ever remember your name?!!!) & buddy11 (Brian..new to TWT)...so it's 6 of us instead of 5 this time.

We all head out on FM428 west to jig jog up to FM455 on FM2153....Of course I almost immediately took a wrong turn onto a county road..but in the same general direction though. We did find 455 & headed west for what seemed like an eternity until we reached FM51 just past Slidell. Headin south on arrow straight 51 we made it thru Decatur & down to Springtown where we stopped for fuel. Agman & XCgates left us at that point...they were headin south on US281...Agman to Evant & XC to SanAntone.

An opportunity to hit some good paved county road shouldn't be passed up....(& you kno I didn't). Old Springtown Rd was just a block over from 51 & it runs south for a pretty good way before runnin back into FM51.We took that mahvelous bit of pavement until Upper Denton Rd then carried it all the way in to Weatherford. Some big ol hills out here....you can see fer miles.

I should say a BIG THANX to MacDaddy for lettin me loose on his new toy on Old Springtown/Upper Denton. That new Wee is a much improved ride ...lemme tell ya! It feels more nimble...the engine revs more freely.....(I got some decisions to make....huh).
At weatherford..MacDaddy split off on Old Airport Rd while we continued down FM51 to Granbury...then 205 into Glen Rose & FM56 all the way thru Laguna Park for that last dash on FM2490 to China Spring & home for everyone left in the group.

buddy11 (Brian)...good to meet ya & hope to get you included in our rides since you live sooo close.
swoody126 (Steve)....thanx again for showin us around on your stompin grounds up north.
pronounced robe air (Robert)...Glad you were along...& hope it won't be the last for ya !!!!!!
& everyone else who showed...RZ500rich..Agman...MacDaddy....XCgates... All ya'll..Thanx fer puttin yer trust in me as a ride instigator.
I ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME WINDIN FOLKS ROUND

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #9209
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
RIDE OF THE THREE STEVES......or Head to the PIE guys.

We did, however, pick up XCgates (why can't I ever remember your name?!!!) & buddy11 (Brian..new to TWT)...so it's 6 of us instead of 5 this time.

I should say a BIG THANX to MacDaddy for lettin me loose on his new toy on Old Springtown/Upper Denton. That new Wee is a much improved ride ...lemme tell ya! It feels more nimble...the engine revs more freely.....(I got some decisions to make....huh).
Ah, I think xcgates' given name is Steve too.

MacDaddy got that wee he was wanting. Did he sell his FJR or his other bike (which was living down at the repair shop) or add to the stable? I remember he said the wee-stroms were just like a dump truck, or was that pickup truck. One of those trucks anyway...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R

Dahveed screwed with this post 01-31-2012 at 02:33 PM
Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #9210
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Its confirmed, I'm free this weekend and 3 out of 4 bikes are running and legal, so lets ride somewhere. North, West, Hill C (yes, that's a direction), Arkansas, Big Bend, Mexico, LA.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R