Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #10231
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
So my car is being built in Mexico...maybe I should go ride down to see it?

I bet Schizz would be up for it.
Ah, yes. The VW plant on the Arco Norte north of Puebla. Will never forget my first time there. Our lead rider had led us into the night only to get himself lost. Somehow a big red Harley stopping at the exit with lights flashing failed to show him the way. We had a Policia Estatal de Puebla unit tailing us with his lights off. Probably wondered what these crazy Gringos were doing riding around in circles at night. When we stopped on the highway shoulder so he could get his bearings for the umpteenth time I walked off into the dark to avoid the humiliation of pissing my riding gear. That's when the police jumped into action with lights on, yelling at me for violating their sovereign soil. What cost 4 pesos at any Pemex cost 400 pesos on the side of the road in the dark. And there wasn't even toilet paper. No wonder the Mexican people are so poor. You see them pissing along the roadside during the day. Gotta be expensive.

Passed that way down and back on the last trip with nary a problem. Didn't get lost, neither. Which would be like getting lost on IH35 between Waco and Hillsboro. It's the freekin' Arco Norte, man.

Oh, yeah, they must have heard about me at Palenque where they had several of these signs.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #10232
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
When we stopped on the highway shoulder so he could get his bearings for the umpteenth time I walked off into the dark to avoid the humiliation of pissing my riding gear. That's when the police jumped into action with lights on, yelling at me for violating their sovereign soil. What cost 4 pesos at any Pemex cost 400 pesos on the side of the road in the dark. And there wasn't even toilet paper.
Had that been the US, you would have been arrested for exposing yourself in public and now be a registered sex offender. So you got better treatment from the police down there on this issue.

Do they still make the "old" style beetles there?
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #10233
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Had that been the US, you would have been arrested for exposing yourself in public and now be a registered sex offender. So you got better treatment from the police down there on this issue.

Do they still make the "old" style beetles there?
Don't think so. It was pitch black night with not another soul in sight. Rural, it was. I have, on occasion, been followed by state police here but never with their lights off at night. That was creepy.

Not sure when México stopped production of the Type 1. They were importing them from Brazil until production ceased in 2003. A friend of mine bought a 2003 Beetle, had it driven across the border, swapped the VIN plate with a '72 and registered it with a classic auto plate. Can still be seen around Austin.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #10234
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Has Been View Post
I wonder how Jaybay did riding the bitch ditch. TxJames went down once and I went down three times. I bet he cleaned it!
The older crowd this time had some good stories to tell. Is it because they have more BS or is it the tongue loosening that the liquid spirits effect.
I did not realize that our greatest road warrior had a bad health issue. Please take care of yourself. We cant let the pirates dominate the roadways.
I found out that the pie provider spent maybe $6:00 on each pie. times 5 pies= $30.00. I had no idea they cost that much.
Good thing I left after going down 5 times. I was seized up bad before I got home, and the bride had to help me get off the bike. Didnt play golf Monday.
The Katoom is at the hospital now getting a Recluse clutch. I will conquer Has Been hill yet!
I was worried you might be a bit sore You hit pretty hard that one time. I am thinking that we will try this one more time the weekend of April(27-29) It should still be nice. So mark your calender
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #10235
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Don't think so. It was pitch black night with not another soul in sight. Rural, it was. I have, on occasion, been followed by state police here but never with their lights off at night. That was creepy.

Not sure when México stopped production of the Type 1. They were importing them from Brazil until production ceased in 2003. A friend of mine bought a 2003 Beetle, had it driven across the border, swapped the VIN plate with a '72 and registered it with a classic auto plate. Can still be seen around Austin.
Beetles are cool and all, but I like women. So that pretty much ruled out that car.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #10236
TXjames
High Sider

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Beetles are cool and all, but I like women. So that pretty much ruled out that car.
+1

I had a friend in high school with a bug. We put a 15-inch sub and 6x9s in the back. Acoustically it was incredible with the shape of the cab and all. He still didn't get any pussy.
TXjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #10237
mfleck
Fleckster

Oddometer: 119
Behold. The only week point in a gs 500 engine

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fxnoda
mfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #10238
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,414
WOW, what happened ? ? ?

2004 BMW R1150GS Adventure for street work / KTM 950 Super Enduro for Dirt work !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #10239
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,551
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXjames View Post
+1

I had a friend in high school with a bug. We put a 15-inch sub and 6x9s in the back. Acoustically it was incredible with the shape of the cab and all. He still didn't get any pussy.
Was the car holding him back? How much tail would this guy have gotten if he had a Mustang? Probably the same...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #10240
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,705
Some pics of Spring Fling
TxJames, HAsbeen at first obstacle....

I think the stills show more of the relief than the video

Through the first obstacle

Another Oh SHIT! moment
woooo, almost done..

Focus on the trail

The ride out was a bit muddy

More on Shutter stop thread.
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #10241
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,470

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #10242
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,672
Riding through the wildflowers on roads around San Angelo after work today. Springtime is Texas is sublime.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #10243
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow

Oddometer: 1,041
Schizz, how's that rear tkc holding up?

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #10244
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,457
I know, schick. My wildflowers on the ranch are just beautiful. Removing a bunch of big deer and our beneficial rains have just made a world of difference.

In other news. The little Harley is undergoing the knife. New gofaster pulley (maybe 135 on a sporty?), wrapped headers, and oh, yeah. Replace all of the exhaust studs. Two of four were broken, and another one broke while he was removing it. Something about running it hard. Moi? Whatever do you mean? That's how it got to the shop so while it was there......

Hmmmm. Maybe some bar-end mirrors, black-out and cut-down the windshield, race handlebars, and a K+N. I've got a lead on some scuffed plastic I can put a heavy coat of flat black on. This thing is coming together. It won't be long until I have it completely un-rideable and un-saleable. Like everything else I own. A man needs a plan.

Oohh!! Maybe a leather Corbin. Maybe in a snake-print. ;)
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #10245
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy View Post
Schizz, how's that rear tkc holding up?
Pretty good. Still hoping to get 4k on it. The rear was wanting to bend the edge knobs over in high speed turns. Took a fair bit of work to run with SOG that day. Wasn't thinking about exceeding the speed rating. Oops.

Will reshoe with Tourances for México in May. It'll be all paved go-fast kinda stuff.