Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #10501
Jo-Mo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Greetings!

Greetings Y'alls!

I have been meaning to say hey for a bit now, but laziness and business has caused some delay...but I have recently moved down to the great city of Austin from Fort Fun Colorado for some work related reasons... Starting a Brewpub on Burnet and 47th called Pinthouse Pizza . I am looking forward to the riding down here, I have been out in the Hill Country a couple times and there seems to be some fun stuff to explore! I have a silver 1150gs with a big ol' ADV sticker on the pannier and my better half has a black 650gs. Looking forward to some ADV fun in Tejas! Bang...Babang...Bang

'01 R1150GS
'09 G650GS
Jo-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #10502
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Mo View Post
Greetings Y'alls!

I have been meaning to say hey for a bit now, but laziness and business has caused some delay...but I have recently moved down to the great city of Austin from Fort Fun Colorado for some work related reasons... Starting a Brewpub on Burnet and 47th called Pinthouse Pizza . I am looking forward to the riding down here, I have been out in the Hill Country a couple times and there seems to be some fun stuff to explore! I have a silver 1150gs with a big ol' ADV sticker on the pannier and my better half has a black 650gs. Looking forward to some ADV fun in Tejas! Bang...Babang...Bang
Welcome Jo ! ! ! We will have to ride down there and check out the Pinthouse Pizza for sure. If you and your bride like to put faces with some of these screen names come up and hang with us. Here's a link to one of our layed back outings. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778903 , BYOB........... We get out and ride some of our back dirt roads and have a good time. It's a 2 day thing with tent camping or there are a couple of hotels with in 8 miles of the bond fire Saturday night.

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #10503
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,429
Welcome to you and your's Joe!

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #10504
eric2
®egister this:

Oddometer: 3,666
Quote:
Greetings Y'alls!

Welcome. I hope the twtex gang will start meeting there thursdays instead of next door at Billy's I would rather contribute to a rider owned establishment, plus i've never cared for the food at Billy's. I live in the neighborhood. When will you be opening?
Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
I've yet to see a poor person driving a real gas hog......
lottery: A tax for people bad at math
eric2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #10505
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,987
Thanks for all the kind words. Ghost, I'm hanging out in the south Tower level 2 ICU waiting area if you end up here

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #10506
Jo-Mo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2 View Post
Welcome. I hope the twtex gang will start meeting there thursdays instead of next door at Billy's I would rather contribute to a rider owned establishment, plus i've never cared for the food at Billy's. I live in the neighborhood. When will you be opening?
We are hoping to open this fall. It has been getting pushed back due to the City being slow as f*ck with permitting, but it is now looking like we should start renovation/construction in the next month or so. It will be going in the AA Appliance building next to the pit BBQ. It should be a great place, Damn good pizza and even better beer. We will have my beer that 30 taps for guest beers. I don't know what you like to drink but I will be brewing a fair bit of hop-forward beers (I came down here from Fort Collins where I was the Head Brewer at Odell, so if you have ever had anything from them expect some similar influences).

I have seen you guys there one time I was running around the 'hood, I am living right by there, and I was like "that looks like a badass group they hang out and drink on the deck all day... hell yeah!"

@big-dave: I am hoping to make some events like that in the future, sounds fun. I am going to be out at the Craft Brewers Conference that weekend though. Next time hopefully

'01 R1150GS
'09 G650GS
Jo-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #10507
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,697
Quote:
We are hoping to open this fall. It has been getting pushed back due to the City being slow as f*ck with permitting, but it is now looking like we should start renovation/construction in the next month or so. It will be going in the AA Appliance building next to the pit BBQ. It should be a great place, Damn good pizza and even better beer. We will have my beer that 30 taps for guest beers. I don't know what you like to drink but I will be brewing a fair bit of hop-forward beers (I came down here from Fort Collins where I was the Head Brewer at Odell, so if you have ever had anything from them expect some similar influences).

I have seen you guys there one time I was running around the 'hood, I am living right by there, and I was like "that looks like a badass group they hang out and drink on the deck all day... hell yeah!"

@big-dave: I am hoping to make some events like that in the future, sounds fun. I am going to be out at the Craft Brewers Conference that weekend though. Next time hopefully
Awesome, Jo-mo!

Work with a guy from Ft. Collins and heard alot about Odell. He's happy to hear of your move.

I'm off the north side of town and would be happy to show y'all my favorite urban roads as well as taking y'all up north to ride with the Waco bunch.

There's a Brenham couple that rides with us as well. Thats a nice area to spend a Sat or Sun riding and I'm sure they'd like to show you some roads.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #10508
Faunus2011
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Greetings Y'alls!

College Station to Austin isnt too far for a beer and a bite... I'd be down to finally get on the road with some other TX ADVers. Keep us updated.
Faunus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #10509
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,211
Quote:
It's a 2 day thing with tent camping or there are a couple of hotels with in 8 miles of the bond fire Saturday night.
Y'all can't get no bond. Who are you trying to fool?
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #10510
yardracer
stubborn cow

Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #10511
yardracer
stubborn cow

Oddometer: 983
Quote:

be careful what you wish for........
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #10512
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

Ok, OK, so the "d" and the "f" are right next to each other and auto spell check didn't find any misspelled words. BONFIRE DAMN IT ! ! !

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #10513
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,448
Bon Bond....ehhh

It's Bond Fire........James' Bond Fire
On the rocks....shaken....but not stirred (with a stick)

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #10514
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,429
I thought a bond fire was the same thing as a circle jerk in Arkansas?

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #10515
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,211
Out.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote