ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #10861
Mudclod
Mojo Moto
 
Mudclod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Killeen, TX.
Oddometer: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
I really was interested buying it and building in a HP trim, ButI don't think I would want that tank though If I buy my HP2E, I will be done with bikes for a while
Sure you will...face it, you've got the same sickness we've all got! ha!
__________________
74 TY250 89 GB500 97 XR650L 03 KDX220 06 DRZ400 08 DL1000 09 XR1200
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #10862
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Sure you will...face it, you've got the same sickness we've all got! ha!
You have to admit...an HP2 would be great to have.... in the meantime...Anyone need a KLR685
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #10863
Mudclod
Mojo Moto
 
Mudclod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Killeen, TX.
Oddometer: 1,447
An HP2 would be great to have, but I damn sure wouldn't pitch it away on that hillclimb! ha!
__________________
74 TY250 89 GB500 97 XR650L 03 KDX220 06 DRZ400 08 DL1000 09 XR1200
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #10864
MoodyBlues
Hey! Watch this.
 
MoodyBlues's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Belton, Texas
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Bought my F1 season ticket today. Corner 15 grandstand.
Woohoo!

What was the damage? Was online today looking at them. Saw they are laying alot of pavement this week.
__________________
Ride hard, you might be dead this time tomorrow!
Copper Canyon Mex http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783027

'11 BMW F800GS lava orange, '08 Kawasaki Concours, '06 ZX-10R track bike
'13 KTM 500 XC-W
MoodyBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #10865
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
What was the damage? Was online today looking at them. Saw they are laying alot of pavement this week.
It's $2K for the PSL in the middle section (horizontally) of the larger grandstand in turn 15. We got the first 3 seats on the south edge 15 rows up. Almost as good as the smaller grandstand but much more affordable.
PSL is a one-time seat license fee to "own" that seat. $500 discount if you pay PSL in full. Then $500 season ticket charge (for our section) but there's only 2 events scheduled right now. Will go up in cost as more events are added. PSL gives you first dibs on any added events. Can't sell your PSL for first two seasons.

I love F1 but really hope they schedule Superbike events. You need to move fast on this. The more affordable seats with good views are selling out.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated), '14 S1000RR-HP4

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #10866
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
It's $2K for the PSL in the middle section (horizontally) of the larger grandstand in turn 15. We got the first 3 seats on the south edge 15 rows up. Almost as good as the smaller grandstand but much more affordable.
PSL is a one-time seat license fee to "own" that seat. $500 discount if you pay PSL in full. Then $500 season ticket charge (for our section) but there's only 2 events scheduled right now. Will go up in cost as more events are added. PSL gives you first dibs on any added events. Can't sell your PSL for first two seasons.

I love F1 but really hope they schedule Superbike events. You need to move fast on this. The more affordable seats with good views are selling out.
$2,000 for the license plus $500 for the seat. And this is the affordable section. This is more than my motorsports watching budget. That kind of money gets you a medium sized box with yellow "touratech" tape on it. Of course, I guess you can always sell your seat license in a couple of years anyway and recoup some of that money.

Enjoy the race, I'll maybe catch it on TV. Well, I'll maybe catch it on the internet. Or a sports bar.

When is the race?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #10867
Has Been
Better HB Than NW
 
Has Been's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Lake Whitney , Tx
Oddometer: 340
Just heard from CodyY and not from TexasJames

Cody not gonna be there , sooo- I will play poker on Friday night and show up at the well lighted ghost ranch about 10;00 am on Sat morn. I will slab it over and check into the motel before I arrive at the RANCH. Perhaps I will run into some inmates eating breakfast in Gatesville like last time. THAT was a fun benchrace session. The mighty KTM now has a REKLUSE clutch, However I have not ridden it to see just how wonderful it is. Also, I have my annual Austin Golf outing next week so I will appreciate youall keeping me from gettin hurt again this time!!
__________________
Two parts to the older brain. The left part has nothing right and the right part has nothing left.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. R. W. Emerson-Dirt bikin poet-who knew?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Carpe Diem (Big Dave says so)

1999 BMW R1100S
1997 Husaberg FE501E
1979 Husqvarna Auto
Has Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #10868
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
$2,000 for the license plus $500 for the seat. And this is the affordable section. This is more than my motorsports watching budget. That kind of money gets you a medium sized box with yellow "touratech" tape on it. Of course, I guess you can always sell your seat license in a couple of years anyway and recoup some of that money.

Enjoy the race, I'll maybe catch it on TV. Well, I'll maybe catch it on the internet. Or a sports bar.

When is the race?
Yeah, cheap it ain't but I figure to try it out for awhile. we got really great seats for a relatively reasonable price. The $2K PSL was discounted by $500 for paying the total now instead of staged payments, so that helps. As long as COTA builds up the events list over time the seats should appreciate some.

F1 race mid Nov.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated), '14 S1000RR-HP4

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #10869
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Yeah, cheap it ain't but I figure to try it out for awhile. we got really great seats for a relatively reasonable price. The $2K PSL was discounted by $500 for paying the total now instead of staged payments, so that helps. As long as COTA builds up the events list over time the seats should appreciate some.

F1 race mid Nov.
I remember they tried to do some open wheeled racing in Dallas but it was in June (IIRC). Why too freaking hot. Nov is much better timing. You gonna be in Gatesville this weekend? If so, I'll see you then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #10870
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,523
Well I am finished shredding but the shredding isn't finished. Good news I got about 75% done. Camping area clear but need to weed eat around the fire pitt. Took a pass through and started chunking fire wood everywhere
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #10871
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow
 
pizzaboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Aledo, Texas
Oddometer: 1,012
Anyone ever hit a rabbit...at speed ?
__________________
Indecision always goes to the left...

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #10872
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy View Post
Anyone ever hit a rabbit...at speed ?
Nobody I know. I'm sure the little bunnies aren't too bad, but you want to avoid a jackalope at all costs. Reminds me of Monty Python...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #10873
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy View Post
Anyone ever hit a rabbit...at speed ?
Nope. Buzzard. Dog. Squirrel. Quail. Dove. Deer. Rattlesnake. But no rabbit.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #10874
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow
 
pizzaboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Aledo, Texas
Oddometer: 1,012
Well I haven't either, but did have an o shit moment this morning when the damn thing ran throw my spokes at about 80 . Cottontail, probably woulda been a messy bump
__________________
Indecision always goes to the left...

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #10875
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy View Post
Anyone ever hit a rabbit...at speed ?
Is this a trick question??? I have hit 3 deer, 9 dogs, umptine rabbits, several skunks, an opossum, couple of cats, several rattle snakes, other snakes, a calf, 2 goats, some sheep, 4 armadillos, a turtle, several squirrels, and near missed several hogs( I really avoid these bastards)
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , ?
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014