Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #13141
TXjames
High Sider

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Pizza. My shade-tree HD fella says they need some trimming. Don't know if that sounds so good. Sounds like a good way to turn good shit into scrap in a hurry.

And btw, ebay is not being kind to us on the parts search.
You didn't really expect Austrian accessories to bolt right up to American iron, did you? Trim away!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #13142
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,011
james. You are supposed to be helping me spend money. Where's my linky to that voodoo-tooth stuff?
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #13143
TXjames
High Sider

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
james. You are supposed to be helping me spend money. Where's my linky to that voodoo-tooth stuff?
done
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #13144
pizzaboy
retiring tomorrow

Oddometer: 850
speaking of spending money and saving....

'09 BMW R1200GSA
'09 KTM 950SER Erz
'14 KTM 1190 Adventure R
pizzaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #13145
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Let's see so far tonight I have sold a seat, bribed a machinist in Alpine to build another superslick shifter for the little Harley, and bought a custom made radar detector mount for the Big Ugly. Once I buy the voodoo-tooth I'll only be down a couple a hundred. Not bad. Not bad at all. Of course, I have no idea what the hell James told me to buy. I want to go back to my Plan A. Give him my money and have him order what I need.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #13146
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
I want to go back to my Plan A. Give him my money and have him order what I need.
Hell SOG, just give me your money, I'll take real good care of it for ya.........

Currently riding a 2004 R1150GS Adv. but a very long list of others over the 30 + + years of riding
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #13147
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Hey. I sold a passenger seat and backrest I have never used and a tailbag to raise money to fix my HD exhaust. Then I missed the damn ebay exhaust auction by 6 minutes. Motorcycle money has to go somewhere before the wife or office finds it. ;)

slowoldguy screwed with this post 10-01-2012 at 01:10 AM
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #13148
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,394
PERILS ...& Pitfalls

I just got off the phone with **** customer service. It indeed looks like they've changed their handling of claims since I spoke with them a few years back. I got an answer made by a "real" customer service agent instead of a standard policy form response read by a "trained agent" on my previous claims.
Here is a copy of details from my claim on a front tire I recently recieved which had a coating of nice shiny ArmorAll on it....

>>[Your message to Customer Support:
"I bought 2 tires from the seller who had FREE SHIPPING listed on both the auctions. The seller contacted me requesting $20 to cover part of the shipping due to his mistake in the listing of the tires. I agreed to pay $15 thru a separate payment request. I do not take issue with this situation,but upon reciept of the tires I discovered that the front motorcycle tire was coated with ArmorAll which is specificially noted on their product webpage with a NOT FOR USE ON MOTORCYCLE TIRES.Most people who ride or deal with motorcycles know that ArmorAll or similar products are not to be used on cycle tires. I contacted the seller who then told me I could try cleaning the ArmorAll off before using. This was not an acceptable alternative because the ArmorAll gets into the rubber on the tire & may not fully come off. The tire could be very damgerous due to it's slipperyness after the coating. The seller finally agreed to refund the purchase price of $50 without me having to return the tire,but when I opened a case on the purchase to protect myself if he took over the allotted time limit to file a claim on purchases,he changed his requirements & asked for a useless defective tire to be returned to him (costing me $17) just because I opened a case which caused his account funds to be put on hold. I indicated that I would NOT be returning a defective tire to him. I would instead cut the tire up rendering it totally useless for any future use on a bike. I can provide pictures of the tire after I cut it up if needed. I will wait for a decision before cutting up the tire."]<<

A decision was made while I was on the phone (It took a little over 30min but was mostly worth the wait) I will get my refund on the purchase price of $50 & will not have to pay return shipping. That will be covered with a shipping tag issued by the auction company's customer service. I guess I'll have to live with the fact that the seller will destroy the tire when they get it back....HOPEFULLY, they won't try to clean the ArmorAll off & resell the tire again.

...BUYER BEWARE

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #13149
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Ha! That really needs to go on TWT! I'm trying to enlarge it (thephoto) to get a better look at girl #3 from the left!
Pretty sure one of the Admins over there would change it to a link if it got posted, but I'd look at it really well to make sure it needed to be linked

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #13150
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
I just got off the phone with **** customer service. It indeed looks like they've changed their handling of claims since I spoke with them a few years back. I got an answer made by a "real" customer service agent instead of a standard policy form response read by a "trained agent" on my previous claims.
Here is a copy of details from my claim on a front tire I recently recieved which had a coating of nice shiny ArmorAll on it....

>>[Your message to Customer Support:
"I bought 2 tires from the seller who had FREE SHIPPING listed on both the auctions. The seller contacted me requesting $20 to cover part of the shipping due to his mistake in the listing of the tires. I agreed to pay $15 thru a separate payment request. I do not take issue with this situation,but upon reciept of the tires I discovered that the front motorcycle tire was coated with ArmorAll which is specificially noted on their product webpage with a NOT FOR USE ON MOTORCYCLE TIRES.Most people who ride or deal with motorcycles know that ArmorAll or similar products are not to be used on cycle tires. I contacted the seller who then told me I could try cleaning the ArmorAll off before using. This was not an acceptable alternative because the ArmorAll gets into the rubber on the tire & may not fully come off. The tire could be very damgerous due to it's slipperyness after the coating. The seller finally agreed to refund the purchase price of $50 without me having to return the tire,but when I opened a case on the purchase to protect myself if he took over the allotted time limit to file a claim on purchases,he changed his requirements & asked for a useless defective tire to be returned to him (costing me $17) just because I opened a case which caused his account funds to be put on hold. I indicated that I would NOT be returning a defective tire to him. I would instead cut the tire up rendering it totally useless for any future use on a bike. I can provide pictures of the tire after I cut it up if needed. I will wait for a decision before cutting up the tire."]<<

A decision was made while I was on the phone (It took a little over 30min but was mostly worth the wait) I will get my refund on the purchase price of $50 & will not have to pay return shipping. That will be covered with a shipping tag issued by the auction company's customer service. I guess I'll have to live with the fact that the seller will destroy the tire when they get it back....HOPEFULLY, they won't try to clean the ArmorAll off & resell the tire again.

...BUYER BEWARE
Was this on Ebay? Ding the seller on the ratings and if he tries to sell those tires again (the sleazeball will) he should be arrested and charged with a crime. Intentionally doing or selling a product you know to be faulty and dangerous should be a crime. And now he knows.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #13151
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,394
INCOGNITO in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Was this on Ebay? Ding the seller on the ratings and if he tries to sell those tires again (the sleazeball will) he should be arrested and charged with a crime. Intentionally doing or selling a product you know to be faulty and dangerous should be a crime. And now he knows.
Can't use any names since this is still an ongoing process but..yes..I am going to keep track of this sellers future listings & make sure that the tire is N! O! T! relisted. The seller has good comments from previous sales & I hope they will do the right thing by disposing of that tire when they get it back.

UNRELATEDNESS...
Howz Arkansas so far??? Gettin any map usage yet? ...or maybe the rain put a "damper" on the plans for a bit.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #13152
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

New GS was announced/shown last night...

Here's the link to the web site
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #13153
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

KTM 1190 Adventure

'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 10-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #13154
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
UNRELATEDNESS...
Howz Arkansas so far??? Gettin any map usage yet? ...or maybe the rain put a "damper" on the plans for a bit.
We took a car to the hill country last weekend. A combination of the rain forecast, finance's riding pants didn't get in, and bike not road tested made a car trip the smarter thing.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #13155
fasterlaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Let's compare those two bike video ads.

BMW says.....Look I can park my bike in really run down areas.
KTM says.....Look I can ride my bike to cool places (and have friends who wait for me at the top of hills)

At least that's how I perceive the adverts.