Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #121
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCanon
I have high hopes of prying my bike out of the dealer's hands this afternoon. I plan on either doing something like this ride or exploring some of the dirt roads north of Ft. Hood. I'm in the process of negotiating with the spousal unit concerning whether to schedule for Saturday or Sunday.

BTW, baclava (or baklava):

and a balaclava:

I believe I'll eat baklava in my balaclava, bitches!
The dirt roads north of Ft Hood??? If you're talkin bout the ones in Coryell Co.....I'm afraid that most of em are paved.Not necessarily good pavement,but not gravel.We ride these fun little bits of twisty on a regular basis.The area around Owl Creek,The Grove,Leon Junction,Mother Neff Pk. & even the stuff west of FM116 towards King,Slater,Izoro.....Pretty much 80% of the co roads in Coryell are paved. So entertaining,you might want to find a Baclava or two (& a hot cup of coffee or ?) afterward.
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #122
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,290
I rode again today. Broke the ice going out of my driveway 23 degrees I actually ran my grip warmers on high all the way to work. I also notice I am getting really shitty gas mileage on my GSA. In the past I have noticed my trip computer to be pretty accurate, it showed my MPGs down to 30 Gonna refuel today and check it manually against the mileage on my GPS. I might ride thie weekend RL...Gonna need to check my TBSs if that mileage is right. Bike seems to be running fine, reckon its the winter fuel mix?
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #123
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
The dirt roads north of Ft Hood??? If you're talkin bout the ones in Coryell Co.....I'm afraid that most of em are paved.Not necessarily good pavement,but not gravel.We ride these fun little bits of twisty on a regular basis.The area around Owl Creek,The Grove,Leon Junction,Mother Neff Pk. & even the stuff west of FM116 towards King,Slater,Izoro.....Pretty much 80% of the co roads in Coryell are paved. So entertaining,you might want to find a Baclava or two (& a hot cup of coffee or ?) afterward.
Sadly, Mr2mch speaks the truth in Coryell county, very little dirt left. Rod it is more likely 95% paved now.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #124
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
Turtlefur Shellaclava say that 3 times fast did not know turtle have fur. Where did you get and what does it look like? AS JAn 1 ride, I traditionally go to my mom and dads for lunch.Shall I ask her to set some more places
Well, turtles used to have fur, but, due to global warming the turtles have recently sold their fur.

Here's the link. http://www.turtlefur.com/tfturtletech.php Its about halfway down the page. Its looks like a regular balaclava, but its very thick fleece about at the chin area down the neck. I got mine at cyclegear here in Fort Worth, but I'm sure you can find them either in stores down there or on-line.

Hey RLCanon - when you're negotiating with your spouse regarding riding time this weekend, don't go correcting her spelling and stuff. I really don't see that helping you garner any favors with her.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #125
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
I rode again today. Broke the ice going out of my driveway 23 degrees I actually ran my grip warmers on high all the way to work. I also notice I am getting really shitty gas mileage on my GSA. In the past I have noticed my trip computer to be pretty accurate, it showed my MPGs down to 30 Gonna refuel today and check it manually against the mileage on my GPS. I might ride thie weekend RL...Gonna need to check my TBSs if that mileage is right. Bike seems to be running fine, reckon its the winter fuel mix?
You are the hero of the day. Only the well geared riders can ride in 23 degree weather.

My KLR is computer free, so I cannot relate to how accurate your computer is. I think the manual calcs are going to be more accurate than the computer's estimate.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #126
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Sadly, Mr2mch speaks the truth in Coryell county, very little dirt left. Rod it is more likely 95% paved now.

Yeah......probably so..just being conservative on my estimate.It's very much the same in Burnet & Williamson Co...However,Lampasas has some dirt(& rocks) roads left in it.On the other side of the coin....Hamilton Hill & Bosque....mostly dirt,gravel & rock co rds.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #127
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Please tell me yours is not pink with paisleys Two places got cold today were my knees and my neck I will need to get one of those or one like it
Old 12-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #128
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Gonna ride Bosque CR 4240 >cr4250>cr4255>cr3150 tonight. I know 3150 is suppose to be closed but I found it was still passable on my GSA a few weeks ago. It was a muddy mess from the north side. Coryell CR 224 will be icy as hell where it runs through the creek.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #129
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Please tell me yours is not pink with paisleys Two places got cold today were my knees and my neck I will need to get one of those or one like it
I knew that was coming. Mine is "manly black". This thing keeps my neck really warm and really seals the bottom of my helmet against cold air blowing in. I have a full face street helmet. Now its only my legs that are cold.

I paid $20 for it. It was well worth the price for me.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #130
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I knew that was coming. Mine is "manly black". This thing keeps my neck really warm and really seals the bottom of my helmet against cold air blowing in. I have a full face street helmet. Now its only my legs that are cold.

Well of course, when I open the link and only see the girly colors I started thinking maybe Dahveed not quite right
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #131
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Well of course, when I open the link and only see the girly colors I started thinking maybe Dahveed not quite right
So, does this mean I don't get to eat lunch with your parents on Jan 1?
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #132
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:

If you're using a full face street type helmet,another option is the Quiet Rider by NOJ.I've been using these for years & they work great too.Several different types available incl a Winter version (which I just bought).These attach to the helmet by slipping between the shell & liner around the bottom edge.They are pricier than the shellaclavas though.Parts Unlimited lists them in the catalog & I'm sure other places carry them too.NOJ also makes several other neck warmer items which use fleece.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #133
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Quote:
So, does this mean I don't get to eat lunch with your parents on Jan 1?
hmmmmm, we'll work on that ...just see it now, Mom I invited a bunch of guys for New Years Dinner...actually, it would not surprise her too much. I have been bringing my motorcycle friends a long time
Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #134
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
If you're using a full face street type helmet,another option is the Quiet Rider by NOJ.I've been using these for years & they work great too.Several different types available incl a Winter version (which I just bought).These attach to the helmet by slipping between the shell & liner around the bottom edge.They are pricier than the shellaclavas though.Parts Unlimited lists them in the catalog & I'm sure other places carry them too.NOJ also makes several other neck warmer items which use fleece.
I looked at a similar product, but it wasn't insulated. I didn't go with it because I thought the install time and effort would be too great on my helmet for an item that you'll use at the start of the day, but remove later in the day as it warms up. My helmet came with a "wind defector" that installs in the front in this same space, and I had a hard time installing it.

However, I might get the uninsulated version for warm weather because I like the quiet. The difference is really noticeable on my helmet. On longer rides I have used the foam ear plugs, but I don't find them comfortable or easy to use.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 12-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #135
RLCanon
Adventure Arrrrr!

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Hey RLCanon - when you're negotiating with your spouse regarding riding time this weekend, don't go correcting her spelling and stuff. I really don't see that helping you garner any favors with her.
I don't know, it might be just the ticket... The key is to make her mad enough to throw me out of the house, but not so mad that she won't let me back in over the next day or two!
RLCanon is offline   Reply With Quote