Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #61
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by syf350
might be a little late. just saw this report. if you are coming through el paso tonight or tomorrow, i can save you a motel fee, provide a couple beers, a bed and a garage. only about 5 miles notrh of 10.
Hey man! Thanks for the invite - I was already in Balmorhea when I got the post - thanks again though - next time
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #62
John Joel Glanton
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
Great ride report, LoneStar. I'm originally from the Big Bend area and I remember Paisano Pete in Ft. Stockton very well from my childhood. I agree that some of your pics from AZ look like the Texas Hill Country or maybe some of the areas in the Big Bend. Some of your pics from downtown Bisbee almost looked like they were taken in Europe. Having gone solo many times to NM and CO, I know what it's like to be "out there" alone on a thin ribbon of blacktop in the desert.

Phenomenal report with great pics! Makes me wanna ride to AZ! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #63
LoneStar OP
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrificial Anode
Hi LoneStar - I believe you rode past my house in Bisbee on Thursday or Friday. Just up the hill and around the corner from the Copper Queen Hotel - the house with the Giant Agaves in front. I used to have a 1990 R100GS PD with the red and white paint scheme and I thought it was coming back to haunt me

Mark G
LOL - too funny man - I got so lost in all those streets I barely knew up from down. Were you up near the Episcopal church? Next year I'll be there for dinner

You're lucky to live in a cool town like that. I want to come back and spend more time in that area... explore some roads around there
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #64
Mark G
Sacrificial Anode

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar
LOL - too funny man - I got so lost in all those streets I barely knew up from down. Were you up near the Episcopal church? Next year I'll be there for dinner

You're lucky to live in a cool town like that. I want to come back and spend more time in that area... explore some roads around there
Yeah - Just across the parking lot from the Episcopal Church - My wife cooked a turkey for them for their dinner, then cooked ours.

Let me know about next year, we'll have a spot at the table.
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #65
Great Buffalo
Great Plains Rider

Oddometer: 513
Great RR. I appreciate the lyrical, satirical voice and great pics. Here in the cold north we'll have to wait a few months for any good riding again.
God is good and give us much to enjoy
Great Buffalo
Great Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #66
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar

Sacrificial Anode was correct. I have stayed & eaten at the Queen. There is a much better restaurant down from the Queen on the main street and some remodeled lofts just up from there on the main street. The Bisbee Breakfast Club south of the mine in Warren is a killer place for breakfast. Much better than Tombstone & the riding is great too. Like that way you came in through the tunnel.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #67
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,489
Nice report and pics!

I was in Tombstone on Wednesday, saw the KLR, and lots of Harleys.
Unfortunately I was in the car with the whole family.

Thanks for the great trip!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote