ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Juanjo_NY OP
Made in Argentina
 
Juanjo_NY's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: WashingtonVille, NY
Oddometer: 4,220
Schumacher going home!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/formu...suite-at-home/

any doctor in the house!?

what are the odds for Schumacher at this point!
__________________
cheers, Juanjo
Juanjo_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Kamala
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamala's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Nashoba Valley
Oddometer: 12,457
He needs a Miracle at this point! I hope one happens.

(I'm not a doctor now but I was one and will be one again once those Lying women recant their statements)
__________________
I survived the Great Folk Music Scare of the 1960s (when it almost caught on) !
Kamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
Jurgen
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 39,549
I haven't followed this closely, but from what I've read Schumi's chances for a full recovery are nill.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,826
Yeah, judging from all the reports, his wife is trying to make Schumi comfortable for what remains of his life. In case anyone missed it, his former doctor believes that (unspecified) critical mistakes were made at the first medical facility he was taken to.

It sounds like we can say with certainty that the Michael Schumacher we used to know will never return. He's gone. What no-one seems to know is whether or not Schumacher will ever emerge from what appears to be a vegetative state. If he does, he will have extremely limited mental faculties and won't be able to take care of himself.

Life is shocking and cruel.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer
 
cogitate's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: North of the Border, CA
Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Yeah, judging from all the reports, his wife is trying to make Schumi comfortable for what remains of his life. In case anyone missed it, his former doctor believes that (unspecified) critical mistakes were made at the first medical facility he was taken to.

It sounds like we can say with certainty that the Michael Schumacher we used to know will never return. He's gone. What no-one seems to know is whether or not Schumacher will ever emerge from what appears to be a vegetative state. If he does, he will have extremely limited mental faculties and won't be able to take care of himself.

Life is shocking and cruel.
This is sad beyond belief.
__________________
bikeless.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #6
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,454
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
This is sad beyond belief.
+1

My doG the irony is heat-breaking.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
35xj
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: asheville, nc
Oddometer: 899
further proof, we should live everyday fully!
__________________
big girls need love too!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=961917
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Blixa
Derelicte
 
Blixa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 714
+1

How quickly life can change.
__________________
Tiger 800 XC "Battle Cat"
A Tiger 800XC and an F800GS Get Crabs! A Mini-Eastern Shore Odyssey
Blixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #10
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,765
Reports suggest that he's out of the coma: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27868787
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,061
even if he is out of the coma, nothing says that he is responsive....
__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 73,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Reports suggest that he's out of the coma: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27868787
A technicality. It sounds like his condition hasn't changed since the announcement in April that he was intermittently responding to stimuli.

I liken his condition to that of the victim of a massive stroke. Massive bleeding in the brain. He will never recover his mental faculties. He may never leave his bed again. He's apparently still ventilated and intubated.

If it were me, I'd prefer death.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:14 AM   #13
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
A technicality. It sounds like his condition hasn't changed since the announcement in April that he was intermittently responding to stimuli.

I liken his condition to that of the victim of a massive stroke. Massive bleeding in the brain. He will never recover his mental faculties. He may never leave his bed again. He's apparently still ventilated and intubated.

If it were me, I'd prefer death.
One of the very rare times I agree with Sid.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #14
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!
 
NICO's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 23,200
"If it were me..." implies he has the sagacity to know death is an alternative to that life. I fear he doesn't, that his mind is little more than sufficient enough to support life, and his family is taxed with 24/7 care for the shell that housed the person they knew and loved.
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #15
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
"If it were me..." implies he has the sagacity to know death is an alternative to that life. I fear he doesn't, that his mind is little more than sufficient enough to support life, and his family is taxed with 24/7 care for the shell that housed the person they knew and loved.
that's where a living will comes into place


And I know, we talked about it at home - but never put it into writing....
__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014