ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #2371
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobob View Post
Rickie Fowler is a visual migraine with the worst haircut since John Daly.

Payne Stewart knew how to stand out and did it with class.

Better order aspirin in bulk, the Orange One just broke his maiden, beating the best player in the world mano-a-mano. He'll be everywhere.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #2372
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
That was a nice wedge shot into that little corner.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #2373
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
That was a nice wedge shot into that little corner.
I think his margin was at most a foot to get it that close. It's gonna be fun watching him battle McIlory for the next 15-20 years. McIlroy seemed genuinely happy for him.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #2374
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I think his margin was at most a foot to get it that close. It's gonna be fun watching him battle McIlory for the next 15-20 years. McIlroy seemed genuinely happy for him.
I played Bayhill last month while in Orlando, just 3 weeks after Arnie's tournament and still very firm, how those guys can get a ball to stop anywhere on those greens just baffles me.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #2375
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
I played Bayhill last month while in Orlando, just 3 weeks after Arnie's tournament and still very firm, how those guys can get a ball to stop anywhere on those greens just baffles me.
Not a problem, 125 mph clubhead speed, steeply descending arc hitting the ball a millimeter before hitting the ground. Try it next time you go to the range.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #2376
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Not a problem, 125 mph clubhead speed, steeply descending arc hitting the ball a millimeter before hitting the ground. Try it next time you go to the range.
One of the par 4's was like the volcano hole at pee-wee golf, no matter where you hit it, off the green it went or right back at you. :loll


Great for a little perspective of how good those guys are.

17 there was one of the most intimidating par 3's I've ever seen.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #2377
koncha
.
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Oddometer: 10,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobob View Post
Rickie Fowler is a visual migraine with the worst haircut since John Daly.

Payne Stewart knew how to stand out and did it with class.

Payne Stewart still saddens me. He and Tiger should have had one of the classic competitions of all time. Week in, week out, those two should have been battling.

koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #2378
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Tiger's going to play the first two rounds with the young Irishman. I hope he likes playing with him more than playing with Webb Simpson.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #2379
bobobob
badbadbad
 
bobobob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: On a hill
Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Tiger's going to play the first two rounds with the young Irishman. I hope he likes playing with him more than playing with Webb Simpson.
There's a lot to be said for the theory that playing against a much better opponent is good for your game.
__________________
.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #2380
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Tiger's going to play the first two rounds with the young Irishman. I hope he likes playing with him more than playing with Webb Simpson.

Hopefully the young guys will wait up for him, or help him look for his ball.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #2381
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Oops, change of signals. He's going to play with the Orange Crush, not the Irishman. I hope all of those kids dressed like Rickie don't hurt Tiger's concentration.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #2382
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Oops, change of signals. He's going to play with the Orange Crush, not the Irishman. I hope all of those kids dressed like Rickie don't hurt Tiger's concentration.
and Hunter Mahan, h

He's in a perfect spot to have a few friends plant bogus news bits in the Golf Channel stalkers' tape recorders, if the mind wasn't so eaten up by the proper arc of fork stroke with his breakfast.

Start some rumors about him having secret meetings with a new coach or some shit.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #2383
Bert
Fair / Balanced
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Waterworld
Oddometer: 56,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
and Hunter Mahan, h

He's in a perfect spot to have a few friends plant bogus news bits in the Golf Channel stalkers' tape recorders, if the mind wasn't so eaten up by the proper arc of fork stroke with his breakfast.

Start some rumors about him having secret meetings with a new coach or some shit.
Tiger's going to spend a couple of days looking at Hunter Mahan's Sean Foley golf swing, unlike his, one that works, and then lock his eyes on Rickie Fowler's home-cooked lash at the ball, one that proves it's the archer not the bow, and has to try to forget Hank Haney while ignoring the voices in his head.

I'd say he's 50/50 on making the cut.

Bert screwed with this post 05-09-2012 at 09:28 AM
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #2384
bobobob
badbadbad
 
bobobob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: On a hill
Oddometer: 4,681
Bert.
__________________
.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #2385
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 16,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Tiger's going to spend a couple of days looking at Hunter Mahan's Sean Foley golf swing, unlike his, one that works, and then lock his eyes on Rickie Fowler's home-cooked lash at the ball, one that proves it's the archer not the bow, and has to try to forget Hank Haney while ignoring the voices in his head.

I'd say he's 50/50 on making the cut.

He's dragging Hunter down with him.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014