User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #226
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,134
I have not been following this thread too closely, but by my count, there are now 5 women who claim to have seen Tiger's putter in recent years - the current one is rather graphic about tiger's uh...well I'm not really sure of a good word for it.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how many of these are real and how many are perhaps not authentic and are sort of using this as a borrowed ladder?

If it's true about all of them, you got to give him props for being a busy guy.

I dunno, his image of class has been smoked. Maybe his tantrums on the golf course should have been more of an indication?

I just read that Buick dropped him last year, I guess I did not get the memo, that explains the Caddy.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #227
Bubba Satori
Finding my way home

Oddometer: 42,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7
and cry a little.
"I have sinned."
Bubba Satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #228
Bert
Fair / Balanced

Oddometer: 56,166
The 'toothpaste' is out of the tube, no amount of money & promotion is going to put it back in again. The sponsors are saying they're still with him, hell, they have to, but business is business, Tiger's image is destroyed and they're gonna have to go in another direction with him, or without him.

The open question is whether Tiger can handle the heat and loss of stature. Personally, I think he's going to have trouble keeping his golf game together, this is a guy who loses it when he hears the click of a camera shutter. I would not be stunned if he 'retires' within a year.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #229
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
The open question is whether Tiger can handle the heat and loss of stature. Personally, I think he's going to have trouble keeping his golf game together, this is a guy who loses it when he hears the click of a camera shutter. I would not be stunned if he 'retires' within a year.
"That's a Bold statement!"

Wow, I guess I'm more of an optimist. Although if you think his game was lousy last year, I have a feeling we will be seeing Tiger miss a few cuts this year though.

Or do you mean something like he only plays 'pay for play' events?

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #230
Bert
Fair / Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely
"That's a Bold statement!"

Wow, I guess I'm more of an optimist. Although if you think his game was lousy last year, I have a feeling we will be seeing Tiger miss a few cuts this year though.

Or do you mean something like he only plays 'pay for play' events?
Tiger has spent a fortune, tens of millions, creating an image and to buy a cocoon. The image is gone forever, and so is his cocoon if he stays in the public arena. Paparazzi will swarm every tournament & public appearance, if he thought it was bad before now the camera's will try to record every moment away from the course. He'll never know when he's under surveillance. Every interview will be a minefield, "So, Tiger, after you pulled your tee shots on the 17th and 18th holes to drop out of the lead, what will you be doing tonight to straighten your driver?"

He does not need another nickel to live like a king for the rest of his life, I'm thinking that yacht "Privacy" will be a frequent visitor to remote Caribbean coves and Greek Islands.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #231
PaleRider
gelande/strasse

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
"So, Tiger, after you pulled your tee shots on the 17th and 18th holes to drop out of the lead, what will you be doing tonight to straighten your driver?"
... you are as good a straight man as Dick Smothers
Quote:
... that yacht "Privacy" will be a frequent visitor to remote Caribbean coves and Greek Islands.
Rosebud

I do think much of what you have written on Tiger is true. He has passed (himself) into a new phase. If Tiger can still play golf like Tiger - with all the new focus and pestering - Tiger will be truely awesome on the course. But he is forever the golfing equivalent to a budding Wilt Chamberlain

Hey if John "Cigarettes & Booze" Daly can continue to find a sometimes spot on the tour, I'm sure they'll be kind to little old Tiger.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #232
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
So she's a lesser person because she was a nanny?

And he's not a lesser person because he was a serial cheater in just five years of marriage? With two child dependents?

I know you're trolling, but your attitude toward personal responsibility and the low esteem in which you hold women are a little disturbing.

I didn't originate this thought, I just parroted it, but it got me thinking about it.

He just stroked her a check for $ 5 million, right?
She took it too. Because she loves him of course.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #233
Bike4Fun
Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket
I didn't originate this thought, I just parroted it, but it got me thinking about it.

Hmm lets do the math...the prenump was $20 Mil after 10 years... whats it been 5 or 6?? She gets $5 straight up right now for just saying yes. After 2 years the prenump goes to $55 Mil! Damn, she just made $35 million in 2 years versus $20 in 10.... Anybody would be dumb not to take that offer!
Bike4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #234
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO
Is it anti-Tiger venom or has the media been waiting forever to have any sort of dirt on him?
It's not just all the jokes. I see Dr. Drew says he may be a sex addict. I see an article saying both the black community and the Asian community don't really think he's one of theirs. All sorts of ugliness is coming out.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #235
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket

You're not really giving this much thought, are you?

The money is a tool to get his attention, it's not an end in and of itself.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #236
wxwax
Excited Member

Any suggestion that Tiger will retire is idiotic.

The man is defined by his concentration and mental strength on the golf course. This won't change his goals or his work ethic. If anything, it may give him incentive to work even harder. He's goal oriented and his goals remain unreached.

Anyone harassing him on a golf course can expect a swift free ride to the parking lot.

No, Tiger on the golf course will continue as is. The changes will be to Tiger off the golf course. Probably even more secrecy, even less openness with the media. And perhaps a failed marriage. None of it healthy. But completely unrelated to his golf game.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 12-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #237
Bubba Satori
Finding my way home

Quote:

The man is defined by his concentration and mental strength on the golf course. This won't change his goals or his work ethic. If anything, it may give him incentive to work even harder. He's goal oriented and his goals remain unreached.

Anyone harassing him on a golf course can expect a swift free ride to the parking lot.

No, Tiger on the golf course will continue as is. The changes will be to Tiger off the golf course. Probably even more secrecy, even less openness with the media. And perhaps a failed marriage. None of it healthy. But completely unrelated to his golf game.
I agree. Kobe went through much worse than Tiger has and his career wasn't destroyed.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #238
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Satori
I agree. Kobe went through much worse than Tiger has and his career wasn't destroyed.
Yes, a good example. And basketball fans can't be silenced the way golf fans can.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #239
Bubba Satori
Finding my way home

Quote:
Yes, a good example. And basketball fans can't be silenced the way golf fans can.
A lot of this is about envy of the super successful and their seemingly charmed lives that the rest of us can't share in, except through the tv.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #240
Bert
Fair / Balanced

Quote:

His concentration has already cracked this year under pressure in the majors - maybe partially as a result of troubles at home now revealed. Now he's been exposed as a charlatan I think he's gonna have even more trouble - the media is relentless when they have a story-line. Golf is a mind-game and all of the new pressure is almost certain to affect his on-course performance. I don't think he's going to be able to handle it. Golf is completely unlike sports like basketball or tennis which are reactive, most of your time is spent thinking, not doing.

And if he can't I think he'll get out.

Bert screwed with this post 12-07-2009 at 06:52 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: