Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #1
Comanche6 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Zumo 220: Lost Files

Okay okay - I know the 220 is a very old GPS, but mine still works - and up until the last week or so, has done what I needed it to do.

Problem: I've created routes for a three week trip and dumped them into the Zumo. Most (but not all) of these files have been brought up as custom routes, just the way it should be. Knowing that there is not enough memory in the antique to hold all the custom routes, the GPX files just lay there in the SD card until I ride a route, then delete it and make room for the next file to convert to a custom route. That's the way I've done it in the past, and the way I hoped to do it for the upcoming trip.

I had all the daily routes planned months ago (yeah, I'm anal), but also had another ride I took last month. Most of that ride was on the slab and I created only one custom route. When the ride was over, I deleted that route.

Fast forward to now - and the upcoming ride. I have memory for two weeks of daily routes, and the last week's files should be in the Zumo ready to bring up. After I deleted the custom route from last months trip, I was going to load up another of the daily routes. I couldn't find any - only three were there, and not the file I wanted.

I hooked up the Zumo to my computer - and bingo, the files are there. But, when I go to MyData/Import Route from File, I only see three files - not the eight that should be there.

Anybody have an idea of what's happening?

"Small bike, long rides"
Comanche6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
OceanMtnSea
Pretty Dogged

Oddometer: 622
Unknown, but I would try deleting all the files and reloading them from your computer and see what happens. You might even want to reformat the SD card before re-copying the GPX files.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Comanche6 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanMtnSea View Post
Unknown, but I would try deleting all the files and reloading them from your computer and see what happens. You might even want to reformat the SD card before re-copying the GPX files.
Thanx, and that's what I did - even created a brand new file.

Nothing, same problem. I didn't really want to spend the money, but bought a new GPS. Now I have to install the new one, learn the new system and dump the files into the new one. All this before I leave on three week ride starting on July 5.

"Small bike, long rides"
Comanche6 is offline   Reply With Quote