Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #1606
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
Ridden with Kepple 2 years ago, but it was on HP2's and GS's around the Mojave, looking forward to riding with him and his son on Husky's!

I fly into LA Friday lunch time and take the rentacar straight down to Alpine I think, might stop off at Uptite HSQ to say hey if time allows. Chances are if I take the ADV suit, it will also be my gear for the Ducati Diavel dealer ride on Monday in LA, which has a 60% chance of rain.
The desert (Ocotillo Wells) should have perfect weather this weekend, no need for the Adventure suit out there. I'll be out there on Sunday on my XR.

Too bad you're not coming in Thursday, there's a presentation by some tour compaany about South American tours.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #1607
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,119
I'd rather have a waterproof suit that's good in warm weather. I can always wear an electric jacket underneath.
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #1608
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I thought my XL was a bit big but have realized that if I wear a pressure suit or fleece under it, it suddenly doesn't feel as big. For me at least, I think a lot of the "large" feeling comes from the shoulders.
There room for my koerta, a fleece, a down jacket, the kitchen sink, etc...ill take my chances with a large.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #1609
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
There room for my koerta, a fleece, a down jacket, the kitchen sink, etc...ill take my chances with a large.
The XL feels a tad big on me, even with an inversion jacket as a base layer over a long sleeve Tshirt. Didn't bother thinking I could fit a Large as I'm a 48-50" chest
Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #1610
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Just got my Grey suit today. XL jacket 40 reg pants. I'm short and FAT so I was a little worried about the sizes since I am at the far end of the size range on the chart. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Everything fit just great! The size chart is spot on. Of course I've only got a 30 inch inseam, but even that is workable. Fantastic gear.

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #1611
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

I'd love to try an XL in the 2nd generation. With my XL (and I'm close to the same size as Bobby) I don't think I could go with a Large, but the shoulders . . .
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 02-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #1612
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,231
My Klim pants fit very well and true to size. Jackets are always hard to tell for sure...and without any store nearbye to go try this stuff on its a gamble.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #1613
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Just got my Grey suit today. XL jacket 40 reg pants. I'm short and FAT so I was a little worried about the sizes since I am at the far end of the size range on the chart. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. Everything fit just great! The size chart is spot on. Of course I've only got a 30 inch inseam, but even that is workable. Fantastic gear.
Great to meet ya today, thanks for making your virgin trip in the Adv suit down to us!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #1614
LB3
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Great to meet ya today, thanks for making your virgin trip in the Adv suit down to us!
FYI....received my large jacket(which I normally wear in a Klim jacket) and my 32 pants. Pants fit great, jacket was too big. Traded the large for a medium, fits great.
LB3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #1615
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB3 View Post
FYI....received my large jacket(which I normally wear in a Klim jacket) and my 32 pants. Pants fit great, jacket was too big. Traded the large for a medium, fits great.
Is there somewhere in SoCal that has the various sizes in stock to try on?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #1616
muskeg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Thumb

Before buying my Adventure Suit I did research as many other brands as I could get my hands on (not easy from where I sit), but after years of abusing Klim sled gear I am convinced of it's superiority. So when I finally got my suit today my only concern was fit. I wear an XL Valdez Parka and a large Togwotee bib or Freeride Pant with a Tech Vest and minimal layers underneath. On colder days and on the hwy you tend to need more layers so I thought I would stick with the XL jacket. The size 38 Traverse pant fit well in the shop so there you go.

That was in October.

Out of the box the Adventure Suit is extremely well thought out and well put together. You aren't necessarily buying a name here or paying for some pro athlete's sponsorship (right Colebatch, Pyndon and the rest? ), this is as technically advanced as it gets. Anyway, although I haven't read every post I'm sure this thread is full of reviews so back to the point; the fit.

The pants fit well, a bit long, but everything is on me.

The jacket is complex. It has a lot going on inside and out witch makes it look huge. However, with my normal riding layers on underneath it snugs up considerably. I know it's the right size for being able to layer but I seriously look like a linebacker in it. The sleeves are also rather looong.

So a few questions:
Their snowmobile line "breaks in" after a bit of use and a washing or two, how long does the uber material in the Adventure take to do the same?

Quote:
The XL feels a tad big on me, even with an inversion jacket as a base layer over a long sleeve Tshirt. Didn't bother thinking I could fit a Large as I'm a 48-50" chest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
I found the same thing Seth. My XL was definitely too big for me, and we're probably about the same size, I'd guess. I haven't had the chance to try on a Large yet - post back if you get a chance for comparison.

dc
Quote:
I thought my XL was a bit big but have realized that if I wear a pressure suit or fleece under it, it suddenly doesn't feel as big. For me at least, I think a lot of the "large" feeling comes from the shoulders.
I also have about a 48-50" chest and my back (the measurement they use for sizing packs) is 21". Can Klim's people do alterations on the sleeves in house or nearby? Or should I chance a large? I'll contact the folks in Idaho tomorrow to see what they say too.
muskeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #1617
LB3
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Is there somewhere in SoCal that has the various sizes in stock to try on?
Have not heard of anyone in San Diego stocking them.
LB3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #1618
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
No problem, and thanks for all the help with the helmet questions. You guys have a great shop, and the airshow was a plus

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #1619
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
Oogled from Klim's Facebook page; Touratech USA went crazy and modeled The Suit - both Mark I and II:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Adventu...5f794fce224bbe

Edit: From Klim website:

http://www.klimusa.com
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100

F650Dakar_Norway screwed with this post 02-25-2011 at 01:23 PM
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #1620
zakidos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Yeehaa, got my grey Adventure Suit (jacket + pants) today and it's like having X-mas, birthday and all the great days and occasions in a single day combined! Already drove like 300km with this thing and I'm stunned! It fits perfectly and it is everything I'm asking in a good all-round suit! Simply perfection!

I guess I'm taking a nap in the suit tonight, it's so comfy and _mine_
zakidos is offline   Reply With Quote