User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #1636
muskeg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Cry

Well, sad to say, The Suit goes back today . Because of my build, (guess witch one is me... hint: I'm standing slightly sideways to appear slimmer.
)

the issues with fit were just too extensive and I couldn't see spending more money to have the alterations done.

So thanks to ideas from osteo and a few other creative minds I'm going to customize some snow specific gear I already have, and love, into the next best thing.

Now I can spend the $ I saved on that DRZ I've had my eye on!

muskeg screwed with this post 03-01-2011 at 01:46 AM
muskeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #1637
justforme
sandman

Oddometer: 285
how well does the kidney belt work with it attached to the jacket?

i usually have my pressure suit/kidney belt partially under my pants with suspenders going over all of it.

doo you wear the kidney belt above above the pants?

if your using suspenders are you wrapping the kidney belt around the suspenders?

on another note, iv'e never had a problem with the zippers on my klim sled gear. mind you i haven't had it out in anything colder than -10ºf.

"Molon labe"
justforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #1638
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by justforme View Post
how well does the kidney belt work with it attached to the jacket?

i usually have my pressure suit/kidney belt partially under my pants with suspenders going over all of it.

doo you wear the kidney belt above above the pants?

if your using suspenders are you wrapping the kidney belt around the suspenders?

on another note, iv'e never had a problem with the zippers on my klim sled gear. mind you i haven't had it out in anything colder than -10ºf.
I like a firm/tight kidney belt and with the XL Adv Suit I have it as tight as it will go and it's just ok but easy enough to alter. I have a barrel chest though at 48-50" and 36" waist I guess I don't match the Klim sizing model, need to work on my beer gut I guess, lol
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #1639
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta View Post
I like a firm/tight kidney belt and with the XL Adv Suit I have it as tight as it will go and it's just ok but easy enough to alter. I have a barrel chest though at 48-50" and 36" waist I guess I don't match the Klim sizing model, need to work on my beer gut I guess, lol
Do you have the two side "Helper straps" tightened up as well?
I find these to be very effective.
They really help the jacket "wrap" around you, as well as help with your posture on those 8-10 hour days.
Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #1640
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor View Post
Do you have the two side "Helper straps" tightened up as well?
I find these to be very effective.
They really help the jacket "wrap" around you, as well as help with your posture on those 8-10 hour days.
Q~
oh yeah, we are at the max tightness adjustment and I'd like it a tad firmer, but it's working nontheless
Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #1641
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Hey all want to pass along my water immersion contengiancy plan that got tested and passed this weekend. Ride was 80 miles of transit from south Seattle to Walker ORV park. Temp was upper 30's when we started out and it was dry but it had been dumping rain and snow on Walker for weeks so I knew there was going to be deep standing (cold) water. Sure enough I found the root rimmed water hole, went swimming and my base layers got wet.

I continued on the rest of trail ride fine but the test was going to be the hwy ride home. To solve for this I had a winter bicycling jacket packed in a plastic bag in my tank bag. The jacket was a Sugoi found at REI etc. Worked perfectly to wick the rest of the dampness away from my skin and the ride home dressed as Pigpen was comfortable.

The ADV suit gets another machine was with the special niki stuff. I am happy with my investment that let's me do rides like this.
chief_lee_visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #1642
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
I had an operator error the other day with my suit. I was riding home from work in a thunderstorm. It was a full up gully washer and I was on the interstate. When I got home I had a we crotch. At first I was pretty upset. 850 for pants and a wet crotch.....FAIL! Then I started investigating. It seems that when I put the pants on I button them first THEN zip the fly. It turns out that when you do this you can't get the zipper all the way up, and there is a gap at the top of the pants. From now on zipper first, then buttons. Next time I ride in the rain we will find out if this does the trick, but I think it will.

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1643
ZDJ00
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
I had an operator error the other day with my suit. I was riding home from work in a thunderstorm. It was a full up gully washer and I was on the interstate. When I got home I had a we crotch...
Looking forward to your follow up report. Hope zipping first solves your "wee crotch" problem. Good Luck!

2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
1996 Yamaha YZF
ZDJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #1644
Cornbread82
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Well I got a big surprise today When I got home the wife had my new adventure all wrapped up for my b-day! I had know idea that she was getting me one, hell I never even asked for one! I think I will give it a test in the morning.
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #1645
zakidos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Well I got a big surprise today When I got home the wife had my new adventure all wrapped up for my b-day! I had know idea that she was getting me one, hell I never even asked for one! I think I will give it a test in the morning.
WOW!! You really got yourself a keeper!
zakidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #1646
zakidos
Adventurer

I rode with my new suit about 1000km and I love it. It's the best garmet I've ever owned!!

BUT, should I be worried?

I get those little threads around the sleeves. Is this normal? I have the same issue at my Haglöfs alpine jacket, which has the Gore Tex Performance Shell membrane. I know they come somehow from the velcro straps, but I'm pretty careful IMO.

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #1647
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Mine is doing the same thing in a couple of spots.

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #1648
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,049
take a lighter and singe those suckers back in. It'll just keep getting worse if you don't.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #1649
zakidos
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
take a lighter and singe those suckers back in. It'll just keep getting worse if you don't.
I already did that, but this is the second batch which has to go "back in" ;-)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #1650
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakidos View Post
I already did that, but this is the second batch which has to go "back in" ;-)
Problem is you didnt use the right lighter.. to take care of KLIM Irish Pennants you must use this lighter http://www.luxist.com/2009/07/20/the...er-for-79-000/